Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62172 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check [Only War][Signups closed]
« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »

I'm gonna have to dump all but it and my armour then and I'm still gonna run out of ammo in a single fire fight.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2015, 02:43:25 pm »

Not with 30 shots, you won't. Did you ask A-M about the battery weight?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2015, 02:46:07 pm »

Autocannon for turret, hull-mounted heavy bolter and pintle-mounted storm bolter in my opinion. If we're expected to get into urban fighting or anything where the enemy is allowed far too much cover nearly all the time, we should get the hull-mounted heavy flamer instead. Not sure since we don't have the campaign's details.

Our heavy can man the turret's autocannon since he has the needed Solid Projectile training anyway.

Yeah, I could do that. How about Autocannon/Heavy Flamer/Storm Bolter then?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »

Id we are going to be urban fighting, I would say to have a flamer-bolter-bolter combo, since if it is urban fighting we might want to flame things anywhere around us...

Also, I wonder if we can store equipment in the vehicle. Having a flamer in storage, hauling it out and using the top passenger hatch to burn the surroundings might allow us to keep the autocannon and let us burn more things than a front-mount would allow.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 19, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »

If it is basic flamer, I bet we could fit it in somewhere, but if you're talking heavy flamer, we can hardly fit it in without considerable loss of Chimera's capacity, I think.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 19, 2015, 02:59:51 pm »

I think Autocannon/Heavy Bolter/Storm Bolter is the best overall choice because the heavy flamer is very situational. The other two weapons can engage at the Autocannon's effective range even if with penalties.

And Aseaheru's idea is good. In case it comes down to urban fighting, we could always try to requisition one or two of HotE's assault flamers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 03:02:15 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2015, 03:01:57 pm »

Speaking of requisition... I'm going to need some solid projectile weapons instead of standard issued lasweapons - I'm only trained to use Solid Projectile.
Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2015, 03:05:06 pm »

Speaking of requisition... I'm going to need some solid projectile weapons instead of standard issued lasweapons - I'm only trained to use Solid Projectile.

I don't think you'll need to do that. The Heavy gets: Heavy and Low-Tech Weapon Training plus your choice of Las or Solid Projectile. And you also get another Weapon Training of your choice that isn't an Exotic weapon. Thus, you can get Weapon Training (Heavy, Low-Tech, Las, Solid Projectile) at chargen.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2015, 03:07:42 pm »

I don't think you'll need to do that. The Heavy gets: Heavy and Low-Tech Weapon Training plus your choice of Las or Solid Projectile. And you also get another Weapon Training of your choice that isn't an Exotic weapon. Thus, you can get Weapon Training (Heavy, Low-Tech, Las, Solid Projectile) at chargen.

Oh, I must have misread the rules - thanks.
Sigs

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2015, 03:42:54 pm »

Okay, let's say the backpack source holds 75 shots because man, it heavy as.  This whole weight business is beginning to get on my nerves...
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:39 pm »

I may be able to shift my stats around enough to carry 3 but I'm sure I can carry 2 with my current weight. Maybe store a few more in the Chimera in case things get really heavy.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:59 pm »

You could always try getting it replaced with the Lucius-pattern No. 98. More damage and range for less ammo, but it uses normal clips.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2015, 04:02:06 pm »

Like the hot-shots armour pen. But I might try to adjust things to bump my weight up then carry the m36 as well. I think it's range is better but I need to check that.

I have enough weight now to carry it and ammo but I'm hoping to fit a second hotshot pack as well.
Caine's law.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2015, 04:22:51 pm »

Honestly, I've always been a fan of common sense weight ruling - doesn't matter until you try to do something obviously impossible, like carry three heavy bolters on your back. Just eyeball it, don't worry too much about the exact weights. It's just micromanaging that adds nothing.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2015, 04:24:16 pm »

I kinda like it, it means you have to think carefully about what you bring with you into battle.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 67