Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61930 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]
« Reply #585 on: February 09, 2015, 07:38:24 pm »

Sorry I'll just stop talking.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 09, 2015, 07:40:23 pm »

Hey, that's a little harsh.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 09, 2015, 07:53:25 pm »

Oh, I think those of us with a MIU (myself, possibly our techpriest) can talk to eachother via them.
MIUs really don't work that way. They connect a person's brain to technology, they can't connect two people's brains together and to attempt to do so would probably have severely bad effects because you just set both of your brains calculating the information and input from two brains at once. The most common usage of MIUs is to allow the near-dead Astartes to control the dreadnoughts from within their walking coffins, and to allow tech-priests and the pilot of a Titan to better interface with such a massive warmachine. (Though the pilot has a much more complex version, and is probably wired directly into it instead of wireless.) Not to mention that among MIUs wireless MIUs are exceedingly rare, so its unlikely anyone aside from tech-priests and dreadnoughts would have them.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 09, 2015, 08:36:00 pm »

So MIUs arent normally wireless?

They really need to say things like that.

Heres another question, would a MIU be able to connect to, say, a cities communication system?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 09, 2015, 09:09:53 pm »

Heres another question, would a MIU be able to connect to, say, a cities communication system?
They'd be able to yeah. Lore wise MIU's can even let tech-priests interface directly with things as vast and powerful as the Ark Mechanicus ships which are essentially mobile forge worlds though actually handling such connections are difficult since the larger and more complex a machine or vehicle the greater its machine-spirit becomes.

Mechanics wise interfacing with tech, and machines with the MIU only gives +10 to certain kinds of tests. Tech use and Operate for Common. Tech Use, Operate, Logic, Inquiry, and Ballistic Skill with a Good quality MIU. It would be entirely up to Avis on whether he wants to bother with some kind of willpower tests for surviving contact with vast machines, and whether anything you interface is actually strong enough, or large enough to warrant such.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 09, 2015, 09:16:49 pm »

So could, say, two people with MIUs connect to the same thing and use that as an interface to communicate with eachother?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 09, 2015, 11:24:14 pm »

So MIUs arent normally wireless?
They really need to say things like that.
They do.
Quote from: Mind Impule Unit
A basic MIU implant involves a single spinal or cortex connector, while advanced variants include wrist connector probes—and possibly mechadendrite connectors—in addition to the spinal plug.
Wireless is not particularly common in the Imperium (any more), particularly outside Mechanicus-controlled areas (Forge Worlds, Mechanicus vessals, etc) and especially in battlefield roles, because they're too big a security risk with things like the Dark Mechanicum and Scrapcode floating around. It's bad enough when Daemons can spread through your network via direct interfaces.

Point the first: We have two chimeras. Talking loudly is not likely to be louder than that.
Since when? Im rather certain we decided to have one group and one chimera, and then decant sub-units about. mostly because we have one operator.
Did we? I guess that saves me buying Operate (Surface) or us having a driver NPC.

So could, say, two people with MIUs connect to the same thing and use that as an interface to communicate with eachother?
Potentially, but why? If you have access to that you almost certainly have access to more direct methods.

MIUs really don't work that way. They connect a person's brain to technology, they can't connect two people's brains together and to attempt to do so would probably have severely bad effects because you just set both of your brains calculating the information and input from two brains at once. The most common usage of MIUs is to allow the near-dead Astartes to control the dreadnoughts from within their walking coffins, and to allow tech-priests and the pilot of a Titan to better interface with such a massive warmachine.
Well, that's not really true. Dreadnoughts and Titans are both far less common than all the other uses for them, like the near-innumerable Tech Priests using them to plug into things on Forge Worlds, the captains or pilots of starships that use the advanced models to connect to their ships, etc. Oh, and according to Only War the guardsmen that plug into their tanks. *shrug*
Also, I have no idea where you got "you just set both of your brains calculating the information and input from two brains at once" from. There's nothing that suggests that MIUs work by making a digital model of the thing you are linked to and making that model run. It'd likely just be a slower and more inefficient method of transferring data between individuals, which the Mechanicus already has plenty of ways to do.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 09, 2015, 11:35:14 pm »

Also, I have no idea where you got "you just set both of your brains calculating the information and input from two brains at once" from. There's nothing that suggests that MIUs work by making a digital model of the thing you are linked to and making that model run. It'd likely just be a slower and more inefficient method of transferring data between individuals, which the Mechanicus already has plenty of ways to do.
Dreadnoughts and titans being the common places where MIUs are used comes from the very first tabletop rulebook, so yeah that particular bit has possibly changed since then considering the massive time gap :P

Some of the supported lore for MIUs says that you get info like 'barrel temperature', and a bunch of crazy stuff like that, but that's for when its connected to weapons so I'm probably assuming to much from that little bit.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 10, 2015, 12:24:25 am »

I think thats talking about the weapon interface variant.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:23 am »

Goddammit. Sorry, I fell asleep early yesterday by accident. Well anyway, I rewrote Diego's update. Next update later today when I get home.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 10, 2015, 07:53:14 pm »

Shit

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 10, 2015, 07:56:20 pm »

Well, the troopers had been ordered to restrain the Tamerians.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 10, 2015, 08:31:48 pm »

How loud was this attack? Because Diego is right behind us.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 10, 2015, 11:55:29 pm »

i am a genius, guys
genius

let's play "watch Amalia get lynched"
I'm like Hagrid right now: I shouldn't have said that.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:02:05 am by Powder Miner »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 11, 2015, 06:18:39 am »

i am a genius, guys
genius

let's play "watch Amalia get lynched"
I'm like Hagrid right now: I shouldn't have said that.
That was 91, not 00. They can tell you to go fuck yourself at that point, but that's the worst outcome I see.

Also, Gamerlord, if you wanna punch the guy with staff or something it would be a Weapon Skill test.

EDIT: Also, a minor discrepancy in last update: if he used his hand to take a grip on my shoulders, it is quite unhandy to punch me with elbow of his free hand. It is handy to do it promptly with a fist, however.

EDIT_2: In other news, I read my class description again and found out I have Intimidate trained by default. Wow.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:17:40 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67