Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 61949 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check [Only War][Signups closed]
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2015, 05:03:59 am »

Kinda depends, making the char first runs the risk of making an Ogryn for a scout regiment or something equally silly. Not that I'm against it, I started mine last night.

Isn't comrades a little much given how many players we have?
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2015, 05:16:38 am »

Well, if we have around 10 comrades each, we can call it a company...
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2015, 05:17:58 am »

You only get 1 and it depends on what specialization you choose if you get that 1 or not.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:19:16 am by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2015, 06:38:34 am »

In the absence of an IC thread I'm just going to post my sheet here as I work on it. I used http://www.brockjones.com/dieroller/dice.htm for my rolls just because it was a simple one.

Spoiler: Tristan Gant (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:08:24 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:20 am »

At the size I expected to get (5 PCs plus five-ish Comrades), you'd be a squad. What we have now is either a very large squad or a very small platoon, whichever seems best to you. I'd say it's a squad - Imperial Guard personnel rosters are flexible, anyway.  E: or two squads, that would be alright too, except for the constant party splitting going on.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:13:51 am by Avis-Mergulus »
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 08:16:51 am »

Are we using OW alone for the regiment or can we use HOTE as well?
Caine's law.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 08:18:37 am »

Are we using OW alone for the regiment or can we use HOTE as well?

Eh... Well, you can use HotE. I'll link it up from my Dropbox too.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 08:21:39 am »

Cool it almost doubles the options you have for making the regiment and adds a lot of the more popular ones.
Caine's law.

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 08:36:40 am »

17 hours underestimate. Arms damaged, mobility impaired. Will post later.
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 01:24:37 pm »

What is HotE?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »

Hammer Of The Emperor. An expansion for Only War with a huge number of extra regiment creation options.
Caine's law.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2015, 01:52:49 pm »

I've already helped guide a few regiment-creation processes, so let us see:

First: do you want a) the classic Guard look (Cadian-looking with at most a different palette), b) somewhat Cadian-looking (small modifications to what would otherwise look like Cadian-standard equipment) or c) very different?

In my opinion, what can work very well is having a concept in mind and then translating it into mechanics. Vanguard units composed almost exclusively of the bastard children of nobility, a siege regiment composed of frontier worlders dragged into conflict because no one can dig as they can, soldiers who were born and lived in a post-apocalyptic world without knowledge of the universe at large before being drafted into the IG and faced with the incredible revelation there was an Imperium of Man... Really, picking an interesting concept and then working with it can create some of the best regiments. The "but I don't wanna be a special snowflake" argument doesn't even apply because whether your regiment has cool fluff or not, the mechanics don't change and an ork can savage you pretty easily.

The alternative (Generic 698th Cadian-looking Regiment) is always an option, too.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 02:01:55 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2015, 01:57:11 pm »

I'd like a frontline combat unit but beyond that I'm open to options. Something a bit raggedy and chaotic would be fun in the heavily regemented system of the imperial guard.
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2015, 02:01:30 pm »

Given my personal affinity to Kreig Death Korps and Vostroyan Firstborn, I would be rather glad to have rather baroque look as they do. In my suggestion above, I pictured those guys as half-cyborgs somewhat medieval looking armor pieces covered with acid stains.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2015, 02:46:43 pm »

Regiment creation notwithstanding, I've added the various supplementary books to the OP - feel free to use them.
Do you guys think it would be appropriate if I also submitted a regiment for the contest, or nah?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 67