Poll

-

-
- 1 (100%)
-
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67

Author Topic: The Siege of Angazea [OOC Thread][Muh squarebrackets!]  (Read 62066 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check [Only War][Signups closed]
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2015, 08:16:53 am »

We should probably choose our Favored Weapons, then. I feel like a melta weapon would make sense, somehow. Or maybe a lascannon. Something more precise and focused than a stubber or bolter (though that doesn't stop individual gunners from taking stubbers), anyway.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2015, 08:20:24 am »

A las cannon is good, plenty of range and anti vehical capability.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2015, 08:25:55 am »

Yes! A few days ago, when I was talking about making a regiment, I was thinking of making one that came from a bunch of space stations, well, shield of humanity contains rules for such a thing! Wee!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2015, 08:40:52 am »

It'll make for an interesting regiment in a future game.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2015, 08:50:31 am »

And so comes the formation of a horrible idea: A unit from the time of the God-Emperor doing his guff suddenly popping out of the warp a few millennia too late, in the middle of a warzone.

Can you imagine what that would be like? A army of troops, the like of which hadent been seen for longer than some stars lifespans, appearing in a world of (to put it kindly) bloody-minded ass-backwardness.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:17 am »

I don't know that the Guard was around then, though. Wasn't it all Space Marine Legions?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2015, 08:53:45 am »

And so comes the formation of a horrible idea: A unit from the time of the God-Emperor doing his guff suddenly popping out of the warp a few millennia too late, in the middle of a warzone.

Can you imagine what that would be like? A army of troops, the like of which hadent been seen for longer than some stars lifespans, appearing in a world of (to put it kindly) bloody-minded ass-backwardness.

AKA We Shoot Everyone With Our Superior Ancient Weapons And Slowly Descend Into Madness?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:04 am »

The imperial guard came into being during the great crusade known as the imperial army at the time.
Caine's law.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2015, 08:58:47 am »

I don't know that the Guard was around then, though. Wasn't it all Space Marine Legions?
I think there was something like a mix of the guard and the navy, with the space marines dancing about at the edges.

If I recall correctly, one of the reasons stated for why the imperial legion doesn't have aircraft is because when the shit flew there where units who seceded that had everything, and when it settled slightly they tired to keep that from happening again by splitting everything up.

-Dang ninja-
Highly Opinionated Fool

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2015, 10:02:20 am »

Spoiler: Comrade - Maria (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 04:39:08 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2015, 10:04:05 am »

Um, what class is he?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2015, 10:06:49 am »

Your missing your carry weight and your currently used weight.
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2015, 10:08:19 am »

Must have skipped those. I'll add those.

EDIT: And how do I define those, again?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:14:26 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2015, 10:32:47 am »

@Comrade P.: Pg.37 has the mechanics for it. Add your TB to your SB and compare with the table there.

Some things I noticed:
-Weapon Training (Las) would cost you 300xp because the talent's Aptitudes are Finesse and General and you only have General (table 3-18: Talent Advances at the bottom of pg.103);
-Getting +15 for Toughness would cost 100xp for the first +5 (Simple) Advance, 250xp for the Intermediate Advance and 500xp for the Trained Advance, and you have to buy them in order (table 3-14: Characteristic Advances at the top of pg.102);
-More of friendly advice than anything, but you can have the Favored Heavy Weapon of the regiment be something else and still start with a heavy stubber due to the Specialty's starting equipment. Heavies are expected to crack armor or at least deal with the stronger enemies, so the regiment's Favored Heavy can be an Autocannon or MP Lascannon or Multilaser or Heavy Bolter even if you start with a heavy stubber and try to Requisition the Favored heavy weapon later (with a bonus) to have both.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:37:45 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2015, 10:40:34 am »

@Comrade P.: Pg.37 has the mechanics for it. Add your TB to your SB and compare with the table there.

Some things I noticed:
-Weapon Training (Las) would cost you 300xp because the talent's Aptitudes are Finesse and General and you only have General (table 3-18: Talent Advances at the bottom of pg.103);
-Toughness isn't a Skill, so you don't get it to Trained. Getting +15 for Toughness would cost 100xp for the first +5 Advance, 250xp for the second and 500xp for the third, and you have to buy them in order (table 3-14: Characteristic Advances at the top of pg.102);
-More of friendly advice than anything, but you can have the Favored Heavy Weapon of the regiment be something else and still start with a heavy stubber due to the Specialty's starting equipment. Heavies are expected to crack armor or at least deal with the stronger enemies, so the regiment's Favored Heavy can be an Autocannon or MP Lascannon or Multilaser or Heavy Bolter even if you start with a heavy stubber and try to Requisition the Favored heavy weapon later (with a bonus) to have both.

Yeah, Autocannon is a good one. I'll take that instead to start with. Given it is marked Very Rare and we can have it like POOF here it is. And will fix the other things.

EDIT: I figured out my carrying weight, which is 45 kg. And the autocannon weights 40kg. But I'm not supposed to carry it around alone, I have a comrade to help me with that, am I right? I'll go figure this out in rulebook.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 10:53:00 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 67