Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: WMMA4 - Let's beat the shit out of each other.  (Read 11101 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WMMA4 - Let's beat the shit out of each other.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 09:43:53 am »

Well, Loyal is not really a negative when it comes to fighting... its a negative to me as the person deciding who you fight.  So I will not reward you for taking it.
Oh yea, I shouldn't have taken out the Drug line... yea, drug stuff is still in.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 03:36:10 pm »

I might argue that Loyal is a negative trait, because a Loyal person can't challenge a teammate for the title belt.  Since three of the payment metrics involve title belts, it also means less money for the character.

But I can totally understand your aversion to rewarding people for choosing it.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2015, 07:20:29 pm »

I wasn't intending to try to make loyal a negative. I'm not really trying to min or max the character just make decent one; I chose Guillotine Master even though I have a 41% in takedowns.
Are you going to start the company going to start with mostly non-bay12 characters or only with created characters?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 09:35:06 pm »

Its going to have a buncha randomly created characters, plus the cornellverse* regulars. 
WMMA is pretty decent at making randoms.  I basically use the in-game random fighter creation to make a baseline for your character, then edit it as needed.
Cornellverse* is basically the in-game universe's canon.  There are of course mods that put in real life MMA.(Same for the TEW brand.)  But yea, I'm not interested in real life characters.

Oh right.  I probably wasn't clear about the drug thing is their own point.  Sorry about that.  So I just choose PED for ya.

EDIT: Anyways, I've finally started the game.  Think I've fiddled with my database enough to go.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:22:22 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 03:19:35 pm »

Let the games begin.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 12:53:25 am »

Barbarian MMA opened up in Scandinavia as a National company in the January of 1995 and dithered about for the first few months, before opening its doors to the Weight Divisions: Men's Heavyweight, Woman's Bantamweight and Woman's Flyweight.  It has plans to open up more divisions on a later date.
In this time period, Men's MMA has been going on for a few years, while Woman's MMA is just now taking form.

Spoiler: Ka Yee So v Viv Yoman (click to show/hide)
In summary of the first night, Tank was paid extra for best fight of the night.

For reference, I've deleted everyone's popularity, records and ranking... so there are no fighters famous enough to properly put on a main show at the national level.

Well, there is also the little tidbit where I realized that both Ka Yee So and Tilly Tank were decades ahead in skill compared to the 1995 ladies.  So I hit them with the nerfbat after that fight.  Now they are only a few years ahead of the curve. I'll put up a screenshot of the new stats later. 
Tank has been downgraded to (3) in Kick Boxing, while So has been downgraded to (3) in Kung Fu.  They are both still Crosstrained.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:33 am »

This is turning out a lot better than I expected. I actually thought they were behind the curve, but I guess most people weren't crosstrained in the 1990s.
Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »

Being cross-trained still puts us about 5 or more years ahead of all the other ladies.

Actually, the fact that we come from professional competitive fighting backgrounds puts us far ahead of most of the other ladies in 1995...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2015, 03:15:09 pm »

At the least, your characters are still woefully inexperienced. Now at the very least, an upset is possible and your opponents can survive a 3 round match, resulting in a draw.  But yea, quality will increase in time, plus I'm not going to give you 2 any title shots till you get a little bit more famous.  But, the randoms will get to play around with the titles for now.

I'll expand the opportunities for your input once the world becomes a bit more established and the good ones start to stand out.  (Mid-late 1996)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 04:54:48 pm »

your opponents can survive a 3 round match

They better not be able to.  I've specifically geared my character for the 1st round KO!
Although I'm suitably impressed my character was actually capable of a take-down.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 09:54:16 pm »

Its after the nerf... >.>

Next highlight in Barbarian is here.  The MMA world is still shaping up and may not come into its own for the next 2-3 years.

Spoiler: Barbarian Event 2 (click to show/hide)

I took joy putting in my post-fight analysis.

I still have not used the reality tv show... any suggestions there?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 10:23:13 pm »

I read the So vs Curtis match first and it was pretty intense. I really thought So was going to lose. I guess she really just has poor planning, but decent enough defense to stave of Curtis.
What do the numbers in parentheses by the names mean?
Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 11:09:49 pm »

Put me and So on reality TV!  Epic Win!

Three step process:
1) Decide what weight class you need a lot more wrestlers
2) Set that weight class for the reality TV show, dumping anyone you have with 4 or less fights and in that weight class into the show as contestants.
3) Set myself and So as coaches.
PROFIT!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 10:05:34 pm »

Its the end of 1995... the first year of Women's MMA in this universe. 

Barbarian MMA is still the only promotion that features Women's Divisions, but it is expected that more companies featuring Women's MMA will pop up in the future.  (So that they can train up talent for the Barbarians to poach.)

So here are some rankings:
Spoiler: 1995 Women's Bantam (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: 1995 Flyweight (click to show/hide)

@StrawBarrel  Oh yea, the numbers, Rd = Round and the count down is how much time is left in the Round.
For normal and preliminary fights, there are 3 rounds at 5 minutes each.  Main event fights are 5 rounds at 5 minutes each and Title matches are 7 rounds at 5 minutes each.

*Pound for Pound is not tied in any shape or form to popularity, it is a measurement of performance in fights.

Barbarian MMA has plans to start a reality tv show once Ka Yee So returns from her long recuperation in March.  It will feature Ka Yee So and Tilly Tank as coaches for a brand new Women's Division in Atomweight.
[I did not realize that reality shows can create fighters out of nowhere, so I had gone overboard with the Era settings(much more female fighter spawns).  It has been corrected, but I still got an overabundance of Flyweight/Bantamweight fighters.]

EDIT: I really should decide on some sort of organized post format for updates, but that is a lot of work.  I should also take a look at your database EuchreJack.
I'm making a lot of monies with broadcasters... and I found a use for all that money, being a dick and buying out GAMMA/SIGMA's exclusive fighters(the ones with high momentum) for the heck of it.  I don't really need em, but I can totally afford it.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 10:03:00 am by Zangi »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2015, 08:58:11 pm »

Wow 50+ women and only 1 company with women's divisions. Hopefully other companies will have women fighters.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:59:51 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5