Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: WMMA4 - Let's beat the shit out of each other.  (Read 11093 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
WMMA4 - Let's beat the shit out of each other.
« on: January 14, 2015, 09:45:21 pm »

World of Mixed Martial Arts... latest game from GreyDogSoftware.  You basically run a company where you have fighters of all types... fight it out.  Kinda like street fighting, but in a cage(or ring) and commercially viable.
Yea, I'm playing this now.  Reckon I can fill in some fighters from around these parts.

Company Info Barbarian MMA
Female Weight Divisions [Atomweight(0), Strawweight(0), Flyweight(1), Bantamweight(1), Featherweight(0)]
Male Weight Divisions [Bantamweight, Featherweight, Lightweight, Welterweight, Mediumweight, Light Heavyweight, Heavyweight, Super Heavyweight]
Spoiler: Company Rules (click to show/hide)

Character Creation
Spoiler: Stuff to Fill In (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)

Fighters
Spoiler: Tilly Tank (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ka Yee So (click to show/hide)

If'n ya want some clarification on anything, feel free to ask. 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:10:30 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: WMMA4 - Let's beat the shit out of each other.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 09:47:46 pm »

Players control either (M)ale or (F)emale fighters?  [Men and Women cannot fight each other, ever.]

BOO!

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:41 pm »

Game mechanics.  Though, I am not opposed to players making 2 or more character for this, so they can be vicious assholes in an equal opportunity way or whatever.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 09:52:55 pm »

1. Players control (F)emale fighters
2. (C)age
3. Soccer Kicks to the body N
4. Soccer Kicks to the head N
5. Headshots to downed opponents N
6. Curbstomping N
7. Both fighters still standingconscious at end of match: Winner by (J)udge
8. Players in (S)ame weight division [Atomweight, Strawweight, Flyweight, Bantamweight, Featherweight]? If the company can only start with one, then Flyweight.

I never played this game before, but I would think female mma companies are harder to play. I'll probably make a character later.
Max avatar size is 80x80

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 12:04:04 am »

I've played this.  Lots currently.

Eh, I'm partial to:
1. Women's MMA (It's my favorite), otherwise both.
2. Cage...because ring is laaaame.
3-6. EVERYTHING LEGAL.
7. Draw.  Because Judges suck, decision wins suck, and this is the only option that actually allows players to get draws on their record.  Biggest downside is that it takes away wins from technically skilled but weak fighters.  But if you can't actually hurt someone, did you really win? NO.
8. Players one weight division apart max.  Thus, all players either Strawweight, Flyweight, or Bantamweight, so they can still fight each other, but we can have three truly separate title champions.  All players must be able to wrestle at all player weights.

I'll make a character when we answer m/f?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:07:52 am »

Oh, a bite.  I am still in the middle of fiddling with world settings.
I was actually gonna limit female weight divisions to between those 5... >.>  Well, the company can start with all weight divisions or just start with one and add more in as it pleases, so there isn't much of a problem there.  Fighters also can change weight divisions in the middle of the game(within a limit).

As for the company so far...
[ EDIT: Updated in 1st post
Those are the rules for now, but they can of course be changed...  I am partial to everything legal, heh.  And EuchreJack does speak truth about how matches are judged.
Its size is going to start at the national level, so I can have all the toys to play with, especially exclusive contracts, so B12 fighters don't get poached from me, ever.  Though, I guess I could also downsize my national competitors.

I do personally intend to also play a normal game outside of the B12 fighters.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 11:41:54 pm by Zangi »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 12:12:02 am »

Actually, my favorite feature from National is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Which I suggest using ASAP.  :P

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 12:29:10 am »

I just simmed a random battle, as an example...

I'll probably cut out the single round metrics and boring rounds with no highlights.  And I'll of course bold the 'exciting' parts for quick scan.  Sound good?

Actually, my favorite feature from National is:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Which I suggest using ASAP.  :P
.... I've actually based most of my play on regional sized company so far.  So don't even know what to do with reality tv.  Well, I can always experiment.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »

Is this right?
Spoiler: Charater (click to show/hide)
In the small amount of mma I have watched, I never seen someone use Kung Fu.
I'm confused with attributes. Do the 5 points count only for background or for all the traits?
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Edit: 9 attributes
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 08:19:49 pm by StrawBarrel »
Max avatar size is 80x80

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2015, 06:56:52 pm »

Is this right?
I'm confused with attributes. Do the 5 points count only for background or for all the traits?
The rest is fine.  Kung Fu is kinda like the jack-of-most trades skill set, which can further be broken down to other fighting styles, at least how I see it.   
For clarification on attributes...  Yes, points count for any/all of the traits.  There are only 3 Mental attributes.
@Signature Moves, you don't choose one, you get it with Combat: [Move Here] Master, mind you, your character can still use the signature move regardless, but technically not as good.

Respectful - Indicates fighter is known for being a respectful, dignified person.
All Heart - Indicates that the fighter will never mentally collapse when getting badly out-fought.

... Come to think of it, I should allow for more attributes.  Lets bump it up to 9 points.  Only 1 Background allowed, you can choose multiple behaviors in the rest of the categories.  (Goes to edit it.)

EDIT:
Basically this is what I can see while in-game mode.  After scouting her.  The more detailed stuff, other attributes, I'd have to go into the editor to confirm.  But rest assured, it is there.  And do not worry, I can change everything about it.  (I assumed your fighter is Chinese, so picked up an appropriate picture to go with, of course, there are other options if there is a request.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 12:36:48 am by Zangi »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 08:21:56 pm »

Everthing looks good so far. Could you explain what drugs, Career-Loyal, and Handles Pressure do?
Max avatar size is 80x80

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »

Ah, drugs.  Recreational drugs, 'legal', but it degrades your fighters overtime.  PED, illegal, increases fighter's stats, same with TRT... kinda.
TRT is illegal in regulated area, but that can be changed with settings.  Even by time period.  In unregulated areas, you don't even have to test for drugs.

Loyal: Cannot be bribed to fight people they like.  (If you make a friend, that is one less person I can put you against.) Mental: All 3 of em have to deal with main/title fights. ... Now that I think of it... Big Game Player is worth 2 points.
Handles Pressure: Won't choke nor excel.
Big Game Player: Will excel.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2015, 10:54:10 pm »

Spoiler: Charater (click to show/hide)
Just hitting people is a truly winning strategy.

Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 11:49:35 pm »

I put Tilly Tank in the 1st post.  I'd have given her picture #16, but realized she wasn't Featherweight.  >.>

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 09:03:01 am »

Are drugs stil attributes? Should I take out drugs and put something else in? Loyal doesn't really sound that helpful and maybe even a negative trait, but I'll keep since I really don't have a true negative attribute.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5