Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Suggestion Game  (Read 18845 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Suggestion Game
« Reply #195 on: January 29, 2015, 10:09:01 am »

You need a Pipe and a rock to make a makeshift crowbar.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 29, 2015, 11:58:37 am »

Never mind on the sticks.

(My lack of experience of this game is showing...I just heard about it from this forum.)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 29, 2015, 03:24:40 pm »

Hmm, Check this out,

http://www.wiki.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Your life just slightly improved.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 29, 2015, 05:38:41 pm »

Indeed it has, my virtual life has improved over nine thousand!

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2015, 05:59:30 pm »

Keep heading west through the fields
1+ pick any edible plants we find
+1 pick up a few rocks too

You decide to go west, away from the town. Elli seems hesitant to follow you at first (her mother is in the town after all) but the horde on the horizon soon convinces her otherwise.

As you traverse the plains and hills you encounter strange fungal creatures battling with the zombies. You leave well-enough alone and ignore them. You also come across a wreckage site, possibly from a plane crash (the destroyed jet-engine leaves little guesswork):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You find a second wreckage on a nearby western road:
Its mostly metal, but there is a MBR vest among the ruins, still in surprisingly good condition. You put in your bag for later use (it contains hard, steel plates, which make movement difficult). But the real prize is an almost-new solar car parked right next to the wreck. Some of its solar panels are broken, and the meter reads "0%" for stored charge, but when you thumb the start button, the engine hums to life:
You want to take it for a spin, but you don't want to waste whatever charge is left on the battery (it's obviously not 0, but it can't be very high). Elli gets in the transparent pod/box in the back (its used as trunk space, but can also hold a passenger). All of the bullshit the world has thrown at you is almost made up for by this car.

What will you do?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 29, 2015, 11:18:06 pm »

Turn car off, then start smashing things towards the center of the wreck. attempt to build limited fortifications around this area , then read our book till nightfall. After that check cars charge. Make sure to give plenty of screenshots of the construction of the fortifications.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2015, 12:15:28 am »

Turn car off, then start smashing things towards the center of the wreck. attempt to build limited fortifications around this area , then read our book till nightfall. After that check cars charge. Make sure to give plenty of screenshots of the construction of the fortifications.
He knows the game more than I, so let's do that.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2015, 01:09:05 am »

well i have not actually played it before but over last week I have almost memorized the wiki I probably spent a bit too much time on that though.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2015, 09:07:32 am »

Limited Fortifications will be pretty hard without a hammer and there's Fungaloids nearby and we aren't well armed enough to deal with them, And if we waited that long we might get outnumbered several hundred to one depending on whether there's a Fungaloid Tower nearby. I say we just mark the location on our map for later and then go to the nearest building that we've cleared to read until nightfall where we can stealthily night pillage some more outskirt houses and look for anything that could be useful while Prioritizing a sewing kit, Unencumbering Armor, And weapons.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 30, 2015, 10:13:38 am »

Kobold is more or less correct in regards to fortifications, not only that I believe you still need a shovel to even dig up/move the metal. As for the fungaloid tower, take a look at the map, I believe it shows a shot of the tower to the north (the T).

Finally, we haven't actually "cleared" any buildings yet (the town is still filled with monsters, not mention the fungaloids), so there is really is no safe zone yet (except perhaps, the car, parked away from the zombies).

I'll post something later today, but so far the suggestions are not feasible given our situation/condition/items etc.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2015, 10:19:35 am »

OK, Just drive the car away from the Fungaloid Tower until either the car breaks down or night comes, Then Night Loot the houses.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 31, 2015, 01:54:28 pm »

The car should be driven west on the road.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 31, 2015, 05:14:40 pm »

OK, Just drive the car away from the Fungaloid Tower until either the car breaks down or night comes, Then Night Loot the houses.
+1?
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:00 pm »

You drive west, you find a pair of torn army pants just lying alone in the fields. You put them on and keep going west. You find a quiet corner below some sort of military bunker and surrounded by forest. You can't stay here for long (you can see spore clouds all around you), but you might be safe here for the night.
It will be night soon, what will you do?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 31, 2015, 08:21:23 pm »

Get out of the car and see if there are any automated turrets guarding the military bunker.
Max avatar size is 80x80
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15