Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Suggestion Game  (Read 18847 times)

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead Suggestion Game
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2015, 07:19:37 pm »

Failed Martial Artist doesn't start with skills, With the Failed Experiment we could have MUTATIONS without the hassle of obtaining Mutagen.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2015, 08:06:41 pm »

Guys, I don't see "Failed Martial Artist" on the character creation menu, is this actually a thing or just part of the RP?

Let me check the latest experimental (may as well use it now)...nope, nothing. Someone mind explaining what this is?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:33 pm »

Oh I think he means Novice Martial Artist then.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2015, 08:10:37 pm »

Ah, roger that then. So any details on the stats/skills/traits or do need to bust out my RNG?

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2015, 08:11:55 pm »

Hmm, RNG For Maximum !!FUN!!

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2015, 09:08:26 pm »

Failed Martial Artist doesn't start with skills, With the Failed Experiment we could have MUTATIONS without the hassle of obtaining Mutagen.
1+ and for traits junkfood intolerance , and fast learner

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2015, 09:15:53 pm »

Hmm, RNG For Maximum !!FUN!!

(In deep voice) So be it, the die is cast!

Spoiler: Character page (click to show/hide)

You are weak. This is an established fact. And playground bullies, small animals, carnival games, moderate exercise, have established it. You've always told yourself that you hate violence, that hurting other people is wrong. Do unto others...let he who is without sin...turn the other cheek, etc. etc.. Part of you is tired of the all the abuse, the other part (the big part) can endure it; you tell yourself you'll be rich one day, you're good with your hands, you're good with electronics, you dream of inventing the next big thing and then they'll all grovel to you. And you'll laugh, and laugh...and maybe spit in their faces. 

Most nights, you sneak into your father's "den" and steal his gun. He has a firing range down there that your mother doesn't know about. Its soundproof. You practice as often as you can and you're starting to get pretty good. You tell yourself, violence is criminal and only begets violence. You fire that gun almost every night. You tell yourself, an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. You've already used up 15 magazines, half your allowance goes toward buying more ammo (through a "third-party") and keeping your father clueless. You abhor violence to the bone.

Other nights you lament your fate into your pillow; pity yourself and your shitty body. Eyes that can't see, stomach that can't digest, lungs that can't breathe, arms that can't lift. Oh how deep are your moans then!

Still its not all bad, you're smart, not head-of-the-class-smart (you're too lazy for that) but you have a clear head, and a good memory. You just got your driver's license and your father promised to buy you a car. And you're healthy (or so the doctors say). You even joined a martial arts dojo; your strength-problems might a be thing of the past.

Well...that was before the world ended. And your parents and brother were eaten. And you ran like a fucking coward while zombies tore at your neighbor's body, your father's body, your mother's body, your brother's...well you ran, is the point. It was your first day at the dojo too, so you ran out wearing your karate gi. You're still wearing it now, you find yourself in a pawn shop along with another woman (seems she was hiding there); but you can hear them outside, shuffling. And see them...turns out the glass walls of the pawn shop don't make it a very good hiding place. The zombies look hungry and you can't help but remember your family.

Violence is wrong, you chant to yourself. Violence begets violence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What do you do?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2015, 09:21:21 pm »

Check the map!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2015, 09:22:51 pm »

That's a great backstory.
Travis: Talk to the woman
Max avatar size is 80x80

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »

Look around the shop for stuff to loot.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Terra162

• Bay Watcher
  • Slubberdegullon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »

Do all three, map, loot, talk.

bahihs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2015, 11:10:51 am »

That's a great backstory.
Travis: Talk to the woman
Thank you!
Do all three, map, loot, talk.

You know that you're near the edge of town because you've been running for hours to get here and also because you spotted your dojo next door (which is also at the edge). You also remember most of the buildings you saw on the way:
The woman notices you; she is a thin, bone-cheeked young lady, about the same age as you. She looks like she's been through some shit, her machete (she has a machete) has dried blood on it. You don't know if its from a zombie or...something else. Her hands and legs are shaking, from fear or cold, you do not know. She's noticed you staring. "Oh god..." she says, "I can't believe it happened...". She wipes her mouth and forehead in a dazed way. You ask her what the matter is, and immediately feel stupid (given the context, what isn't?). She doesn't seem to notice your idiocy; instead, she slumps to the ground and sobs. "My mother..." she says, between heaves, "...she was killed...shes one of those things now".

You think of your family again, the thought they might now be undead unnerves you. She has stopped crying and is giving you strange look. You feel a little self-conscious, and despise yourself for it (is that really important right now?). "Can you help me?" she asks. "I want to...to put her down, put her to rest." Woah! Holy shit, this just escalated. You can't go back out there, hell, you don't even know this girl. Why risk your neck for some random stranger? Besides, you hate violence. Even against the undead. So you can't do this, right? Right. Tell her you can't do it.

You spot her machete, with the dried blood."I'll do it!" you yell out. Fuck. You are weak. Her face brightens, and you can even detect a hint of incredulity.

"Really?" she says, "I mean, thank you! Thank you so much...she would've wanted it this way." Alright, you're in this mess, no getting out of that. Just say something casual, pick up what you can and then RUN THE FUCK AWAY. Something casual, something easy.

"Any advice?" Any advice!? The hell was that? What does that even mean? Advice for what? Are actually you asking a girl how you should murder her mother? Are you that stupid? She furrows her brow and looks away for a moment; "A gun" she says "So she doesn't suffer..." Yeah, that makes sense, of all the survivors you could meet, you meet the one that gives you straight answers to stupid questions.
"Right..." you say "Sounds good...thanks." Yes. Thank her. For advice on how to put down her mother. Painlessly. You wipe your face (you've started to sweat for some reason, despite the 20 degree weather). She nods.

You try to ignore her and take a look around the pawn shop:
A strange assortment of goods surround you, but what else did you expect from a pawn shop? There are some miscellaneous survival gear, books, a Scottish kilt, a radio controlled car and...is that a sword? Yup, definitely a sword.

What will you do?

« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 11:15:56 am by bahihs »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2015, 04:14:23 pm »

Take sword.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2015, 04:30:49 pm »

Take sword.
1+ also grab book on fletching

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2015, 04:45:14 pm »

Take sword.
1+ also grab book on fletching
+1 to taking the knife and the kilt
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15