Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507331 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #4080 on: August 28, 2022, 06:37:56 pm »

Yeah. I don't NEED any other LLs. But it's one of those nice to haves. I was hoping to confederate Belakor, the 4 Chaos Champions, Sigvald and Kholek. Even just Sigvald and Kholek would have been nice. But nope.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: August 28, 2022, 06:42:32 pm »

Btw on the confederation stuff, they talked about a month ago in this article about how they wanted to have confederation for Archaeon at least but wound up punting it down the line to tackle other issues first. So they're still hoping to patch it in later.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: August 28, 2022, 07:12:58 pm »

I have noticed an oversight with the VCs being updated to TW3. The level cap of 50 combined with mounts and immortality not needing points anymore leaves Wight Kings with 2 extra skill points they can't spend, so they flag the alert for available skill points unless you mod in a dump stat to put them in.

It probably effects some other pre-TW3 heroes as well.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: August 28, 2022, 07:20:07 pm »

I felt like 50 levels was fine for lords but felt too high for heroes in general, even in base Warhammer 3. Especially when they changed it so that mounts no longer required skill points.

Speaking of bugs, I noticed a bug recently where the nurgle and slaanesh forsaken techs were swapped. So the Slaanesh tech gave you nurgle forsaken and vice versa.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: August 30, 2022, 07:29:41 am »

I didn't realize how weird chaos is: chaos undivided with one lord it's the one you can change yourself right? Well I saw no button to design my own LL... Then you have the 4 gods each with his own faction ok... But then in warriors of chaos you got the 4 new LL afiliated to their gods thrown in there. Why? Oh and belakor is in warriors of chaos too.

I saw belakor has the most gigantic roster ever, but I failed to check if homemade demon has access to them all too.

Aaaanyway... I did launch an empire camapign, they're kinda boring but I like range and artillery, so it's actually allright, but I can't wait to have an outpost or two to integrate more cool stuff into my armies. In fact I wanted to claim all the bretonnian peninsula and be big pals with the woodelves first and foremost, but the woodelves didn't like that, and that campaign was a disaster. Shame, I really wanted to have my back to the coast, be trading partners with all the elves, and fight all my fights in the home region of altdorf, much like the lore goes. I had to cancel the campaign at turn 80 because I was at an impasse where I would have had many many setbacks before progressing again. My biggest tip: take care of festus while you can, and while you're out there, build up bufferstates by returning to elector count. Next step now is to beat the vampire but at least this time I'm not pushing them back through 5 provinces that are littered with bodies.
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: August 30, 2022, 08:02:07 am »

The customizing LL stuff you don't do at the start, you customize the Lord in play by unlocking and equipping different parts of your body.
Sigtext

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: August 30, 2022, 09:56:07 am »

The other four LL for WoC is because they're Warriors of Chaos who ascended (Valkia, Azazel) or WoC who are fully just corrupted (Festus, Vilitch). They are still more associated with WoC then daemons as they lead mortal warbands of followers.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: August 30, 2022, 01:57:12 pm »

Specifically they were part of the WoC codex in tabletop rather than Daemons of Chaos.

Be'lakor was in Daemons of Chaos in tabletop though, so I'm not really sure why he isn't an alternative to the Daemon Prince as a lord for Undivided.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: August 31, 2022, 12:20:30 am »

Specifically they were part of the WoC codex in tabletop rather than Daemons of Chaos.

Be'lakor was in Daemons of Chaos in tabletop though, so I'm not really sure why he isn't an alternative to the Daemon Prince as a lord for Undivided.
Because they gave him a new faction specific to himself in both AoS and 40k that is close to how he is being portrayed in his Shadow Legion faction. It's unique as it represents how he uses both mortal and daemon forces that aren't strong enough to resist his will to fight against the Chaos Gods so I imagine they felt it fit better with WoC.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 12:22:19 am by ZebioLizard2 »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: September 04, 2022, 04:33:04 am »

I'm frustrated with the rubberbanding. The entire map is way too player centric. Everytime I manage to play a few turns in short succession, some rando from the very edges of my reach decides things are going too well and costs me either a lot of ingame ressources, either a shitload of time to fight a bunch of battles in manual. I made damn sure to be surrounded by allies, the paths those ennemies take, and the goals and successes of their campaigns don't make sense either, they're just being dicks.
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: September 04, 2022, 05:06:04 am »

I try to maintain buffer nations. Someone who poses no threat to you, you're not a war with and you have no treaties with. (Maybe trade but that's it.)

One of two things happens there with them around you: either other hostile AIs don't see your threat level as high because you don't share a border with them and don't declare war on you, or they see your buffer nation is weak (because it's caught between them and you the player) and conquer them.

Case in point: I left the Daemons of Chaos faction to my west alone pretty much until turn 75, despite being really close to my start position. Never formed any alliances, and we never had cause to go to war. *The very next turn* after conquering their settlements that shared a border with Hag Graef, Hag Graef declares war on me.

Partly why it's not always advantageous to reveal the map beyond what you immediately need to do next. Can't have a declaration of war if neither party knows the other exists.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 05:54:43 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: September 04, 2022, 08:23:01 pm »

I have an ogre kingdoms game going where I made an alliance with cathay, they asked me to help them with wars against enemies to their east (so on the other side of cathay). I figured 'sure, what the heck, I'll take the money' and agreed. After some between-turns of seeing the enemies to the east puttering around, I figured it'd be safe to stop tracking those armies.

A few turns later, I notice two of those enemy armies inside my borders, having apparently travelled through my ally's territory relatively unchallenged. (To be fair, one was in the process of getting chased by a separate nation they had pissed off.)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: September 05, 2022, 02:31:08 pm »

For some reason I've not been experiencing that sort of thing. Happened all the time in the Realm of Chaos campaign, Kislev kept crossing the whole world to track me down when I was playing any of the daemon factions. They even fought all the way to my neighbouring province when I was playing as Kairos, which is a lot of damn walking.

Immortal Empires (Very Hard difficulty setting) even my actual enemies are barely doing anything. They throw the odd army at me, but there isn't really the same feeling of being picked at from all sides even when I was at war with enemies on three sides of my empire. I was at war with Kairos, Imrik, Skarsnik, Wurzag, Ungrim, Orion and Gelt at one point of my VC game.

The only ones consistently attacking me were Orion and Skarsnik. The odd army would peck at me from the other factions, but other than Orion attacking my forces near Athel Loren and Skarsnik picking off weak settlements in the mountains I could go for a dozen turns without any actual combat that wasn't the result of me attacking.

Same basic experience as Repanse, though that game hasn't gone as far yet, as Archaon and as Throgg. Lots of wars, but not many actual attacks against me.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: September 05, 2022, 02:50:51 pm »

Yeah the campaign AI is quite timid compared to TWHII. LotW's take is they want to encourage settlement battles, so the AI will hide in its cities at the first whiff of trouble and wait for you there.

And I think it's specific to the player. I watched Wintertooth have like 6 total armies, 3 of of their own and three allies, rampaging over northern Kislev. I wreckessly went in there to pick a fight, got one decent 1v3 battle and then the rest (including Throgg who didn't even participate in the battle) scattered. That was my first and only actual battle dealing with Winterooth, the rest was jut clean up.

Never would have gotten away with that in TWH2. They would have immediately gone after my unprotected settlements.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 02:56:35 pm by nenjin »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: September 05, 2022, 03:54:51 pm »

In my VC game I even noticed them bypassing my settlements to attack AI ones that were past me. Granted that was when I had Mannfred with a strong stack sitting in the little towns in Kislev as I slowly reclaimed the area from Chaos, but the various factions fighting alongside Archaon were mostly trying to move around him to get to the scraps of the Empire beyond him.

They were really scared of him for some reason, and unwilling to mass the forces needed to pose a proper threat on that front, so he was able to just pick them off whenever they didn't give him a wide enough berth, and Vlad was consolidating the Empire anyway so I was able to use him to mop up whatever dregs did get past Mannfred. Nearly the whole Empire was in ruins, Kislev burned to the ground, Festus ruled over the middle parts of the Empire, Archaon and Azazel over Kislev, and then when I showed up they all just sort of... evaporated really. The armies I destroyed in the initial clashes just never really got replaced for some reason, instead I just got trickles of incomplete stacks trying to walk through Kislev on a trajectory for Reikland.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277