Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507563 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #3870 on: June 15, 2021, 05:59:32 pm »

They keep drip feeding info out on Warhammer III, mainly on the Khorne Chaos faction and Kislev. This one is a bit more sizeable as its the full Kislev roster, which looks pretty cool: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-kislev-roster-reveal/.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: June 15, 2021, 06:35:35 pm »

They appear to be having an appropriate amount of fun with the drunk Russian bear faction. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: June 16, 2021, 08:59:29 am »

This smartphone incredible piece of shit that makes a line break if you hit del too close to the left side of the screen I HAAATE android anyway here is the shit i was uunable to follow up on.

AAAAA how about you fucking write where the cursor is.

WHAT IS THIS ShIT WILL DOUBLe POST

Their signature gun-greataxe represents both the coolest hybrid weapon in Warhammer history and one of the best.   
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: June 16, 2021, 09:01:51 am »

Kislev looks like a lot of fun unlike my smartphone. I didn't care for them because I hardly know any lore and they didn't seem distinct enough at first glance but the faction has a shitload of flavor actually makes you want to slavsquat and eat bbq with the comrades.
let

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3874 on: June 16, 2021, 11:19:12 am »

WHAT IS THIS ShIT WILL DOUBLe POST

Their signature gun-greataxe represents both the coolest hybrid weapon in Warhammer history and one of the best.   
They released a video where you can see that weapon in action here: https://youtu.be/Bxe4C2kX_mU?t=43 Of course in the game you're probably not going to ever be that close to the model.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2021, 01:43:29 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: June 16, 2021, 12:20:44 pm »

Not mention that the models aren't actually that dynamic ingame  :D

Still bearnation very stronk, very cool
let

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: June 18, 2021, 04:26:08 am »

The unit roster for Khorne faction has been revealed:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-3-khorne-roster-reveal/

Along with Skarbrand there's the Exalted Bloodthirster and Herald of Khorne as lords. Heroes are Bloodreapers and Cultists of Khorne.

Interestingly, the Soul Grinder is present in the list.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: June 20, 2021, 11:00:00 am »

Strange that there's no stuff on Demon Princes yet as one YTer pointed out, they're a pretty big deal for the various chaos factions so it's a bit weird they apparently aren't in from the start (aside from that one undivided guy iirc).

Then again, we might see them as part of some sort of WoC rework where they entirely change how the factions work with rando lords ascending and being able to field demon units over classic chaos warriors.

Also it's gonna be real iffy going from so many fully fleshed out factions to the handful of units we're getting at the start with 3, hopefully they have some new interesting stuff in the battles to keep it varied.

And in WH2 related stuff, I forgot how fucking aggravating Noctilus starts are. You either ignore the Elves and have to deal with constant attacks or you go and stomp them which then causes the entirety of Ulthuan to start hating you and within a dozen or so turns all declare war on you.
I've had some success with ignoring them until I'm stronger but that leaves the road open for any of the big assholes to get rolling and take most of Ulthuan for themselves which makes dealing with them that much harder. Doesn't help that HE are pretty good at outshooting the VC until you get access to some of the heavier guns.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: June 21, 2021, 10:34:26 am »

Took me 3 tries to get a decent start with Arkhan the Black. But now I am chilling, no upkeep is nice I went way too hard in growthand economy first games, once you pacify the dwarves and the lizardmen you're surrounded by easy matchups. I would have let them be since its two races Im a fan of but it wasnt meant to be.

Cant wait to get home and give my strongest generals some serious monsterstacks, especially the bone giant i havent seen yet... But black pyramid was one hell of a battle 7000vs 8000 units. I brought like 5 monsters and they all paved my way for victory. Some serious fucking battle it was.
let

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: June 23, 2021, 03:37:23 pm »

The greenskins are kind of weak aren't they? See this is my first campaign where a greenskin faction actually managed to have a big empire... Of course my meatshield faction is very bad at autoresolve so I can see how the orcs would be meta in campaign mode. But in manual battles they really do behave like orks because I have never seen an inkling of strategy, look at this glob and how few skeletons you see... sure I had a decent amount of losses and they are generally less visible with flatter textures, but like aren't orks this force of nature? Only thing threatening so far was that somehow most of my manual battles had weird placement of reinforcement or some other conundrum, but not the units of the orks, the only thing I fear is that stonegolem.

let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: June 23, 2021, 04:19:49 pm »

The pro opinion is that Greenskins are indeed weak. But you gotta take that in context. In Very Hard+, when you're playing them, their units are not very strong against Very Hard+ buffed melee troops. They're cheap but they're kinda shit.

Having been on the receiving end of da Greenskins though....when they've got a couple WAAGGGGHHH stacks accompanying their armies, Greenskins can be kinda tough. You'll be outnumbered and they'll swarm you with melee and swamp your lines, force you to micro the crap out of your cavalry, etc.....If you're doing a face roll army, facing off against a face roll AI, then yeah, they're not too tough. But when you've got a finesse army, dealing with an entire army that does not give a fuck and swarms you, it can actually be quite a bit of pressure.

Pound for pound, unit to unit comparison, yeah they are kinda weak. But I think it all comes together for them when you consider WAAGGGHHH stacks and WAAAGGGGHHH buffs.

Also, you're playing Khemri or Tomb Kings or w/e. Your skellies are one of the most disposable units of the game. "sure I had a decent amount of losses" makes sense when you consider you're sacrificing T1 trash troops. Imagine being an empire player and paying out the nose to have your half your expensive army slain by low tier ork troops due to their massive numbers....then getting clobbered over the end turn by the 2+ WAAGGGGHHH armies following it up.

FWIW, after watching dozens and dozens of hours of LoTW playing, my impression is that most armies use the same AI. There's nothing particular or specific about the Greenskin AI, it's just the overall army composition that dictates how the AI will behave.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:21:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: June 23, 2021, 04:28:09 pm »

Fair enough, they are relentless. Guess they can spit out a ton of units, and I bet the bot isn't building the best. Tombkings are really fun but I'm kind of stuck at 7 lords right now, I did well to pick a fight with somebody like the orks... Like I spent 30 turns doing perfect armies unlike I ever managed, because I never had a comparable amount of calm, but my campaign is very fun at turn 220+ atm.

Also I'm a hysterical idiot, there is a lizard faction dying out, they had allways been mad at me for trespassing because I had quests on their terrain... Well they are at their last town from what I can tell the huntsman's expedition (or whatever those lustrian humans are called) is going well, so graciously they offered to me a non aggression pact at 16k. Naturally I found that a bit quirky and counteroffered 46k for a non-agression act. When I say I like some races I'm not joking.

edit: oh and i'm playing on normal³ because that is allready enough of attention to detail for my taste.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:32:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: June 23, 2021, 04:39:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm not so good at TW that I can handle the micro required for higher difficulties. I like melee, I like thematic armies, and that shit just doesn't fly beyond normal or maybe hard.

And also yeah, the diplomacy AI is hilarious sometimes. A 1 region faction will attempt to bully you, a 50 region faction, into non-aggression pacts where they expect you to pay. Gets pretty obnoxious after Turn 150 when you're literally the strongest power in the old world but all the tiny factions refuse to respect that. You lose faction rep for being too strong and there's no counterbalancing "I'm so strong you better be nice to me" value.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 04:58:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: June 29, 2021, 05:12:51 pm »

Greenskins are actually really terrifying in the early game, especially for factions which need their bigger units to stick around. A stack of savage orcs can delete early game Empire and Vampire Count players, for example.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: July 01, 2021, 11:11:18 am »

Full Trailer for the Beastman DLC.
Silence & Fury FAQ

Looks like oft-requested Jabberslythe and Ghorgon units are finally making it into Total War, plus new skinks and dinos for the Lizardmen.

Personally I'm a lot more excited for what they've been teasing for the free update. They briefly talked about how they're reworking the Beastman, but they're also releasing a new Beastman Lord, a new Dwarf Legendary Lord, and some sort of mercenary reinforcements (but won't say anything further until tomorrow).
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 277