Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508321 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3420 on: November 08, 2018, 02:25:37 pm »

At least this one doesn't do the Shogun 2 thing where if you don't have vision over the enemy, they will cheatspawn fullstack armies instantly for free. I remember the only way to defeat the AI on legendary in Shogun 2 was to have agents over their settlements at all times for vision. If not the fullstacks never ended.

Actually this is what annoyed me about warhammer 2.
Wounding a faction leader and killing his army for him to respawn at his capitol with a full stack.
You should have been around when regiments of renown didn't have cooldown timers.

Unlimited max rank units for the AI. Kill the army, it retreats, it comes back the very next turn with all the same units you killed.

But yeah like Teneb said, they don't cheatspawn stacks like the old games.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: November 08, 2018, 02:42:40 pm »

At least this one doesn't do the Shogun 2 thing where if you don't have vision over the enemy, they will cheatspawn fullstack armies instantly for free. I remember the only way to defeat the AI on legendary in Shogun 2 was to have agents over their settlements at all times for vision. If not the fullstacks never ended.

Actually this is what annoyed me about warhammer 2.
Wounding a faction leader and killing his army for him to respawn at his capitol with a full stack.
You should have been around when regiments of renown didn't have cooldown timers.

Unlimited max rank units for the AI. Kill the army, it retreats, it comes back the very next turn with all the same units you killed.

But yeah like Teneb said, they don't cheatspawn stacks like the old games.
* Teneb shudders from the memory of RoR doomstacks
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: November 08, 2018, 04:04:13 pm »

I remember in Warhammer 1 I confederated with someone who had a full stack of troops. Only it turned out to be a full stack of just bolt throwers.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: November 08, 2018, 04:49:20 pm »

So far really liking the Vampirates.  Started a Malestorm campaign as Noctilus and immediately fell in love with the Necrofex. 

A walking boat (just something I love) with a bundle of cannons for a hand.  That fire a fairly accurate spread at good distance, and does real damage.  Unlike some artillery and ranged in this game.  Literally blew up a lord who was running away by firing point blank down into him and removing the last 1/4 of his health in one shot.  Took a few deckhands with him but they were just cannon fodder anyway(bu-dum-tish).

Mobile artillery that does good damage, backed up by actual skirmishing ranged units (move and shoot) is just too much fun.
Add to that their main lords function like hordes that can stop in owned settlements to use local recruitment along with their own.  So you get a hybrid play style that I'm liking.

So far the new faction looks and feels good.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: November 08, 2018, 06:15:24 pm »

The Necrofex is not all that tough, unfortunately - I’m also playing as Noctilus and mine got killed by fort defenses (I think? didn’t see it happen) just a few battles in. Kinda painful playing without the beautiful monstrosity, but I’m doing okay. Noctilus is surprisingly tough - was expecting him to be a flimsy caster for some reason - and I’m getting the hang of using the firearm units for maximum effect. I keep losing most of my army every battle, but hey, there’s always more to raise back up.

I’m loving the riddles and treasure hunts. Basically, you get a rough location and a riddle and have to choose the right place to dig for treasure based on it. They haven’t been very difficult to find so far, but they are very atmospheric and there’s a whole lot of ’em.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: November 09, 2018, 04:34:40 am »

Kemmler's new start position is so broken.

He gets a very powerful, easily defended capital. Inside is a free landmark building that gives a ton of money. He doesn't have to deal with the starting enemy army like everyone else, instead his army starts right next to free real estate. His immediate enemies are only Bretonnia, who at this point can't do jack shit to him due to their peasants with nonexistent morale against undead with terror.

Right next to him is a powerful ally in the Red Duke. And right on the other side is Marienburg, free for the taking.

There's only three things to be even remotely afraid of. Orks, Dwarfs, and Leonceur's starting army stack.

I think if you wanted to aim for the legendary difficulty achievement, Kemmler's is the easiest.

---------

Edit: Jesus christ, Bloodlines are so strong. The buffs are huge and the lords you unlock all come with the Immortal trait. Also they all get custom skill trees and spell combos. For example the Von Carsteins can summon a Varghulf. Like whaaaaaaa-.

I love how the best way to get more Bloodlines is to go assassinate agents. Plays very well into the whole, "I'm actually a vampire" thing.

By the way Kemmler gets ultra cheap Necromancers so he can spam them all over the place to farm blood kisses too. In case he wasn't easy enough.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: November 09, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »

From what I head, Ghorst is actually crazy strong now because his research buff stacks with the Necrarch one.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: November 09, 2018, 11:23:20 pm »

All the little mechanics added with the patch and Vampire Coast are taking some getting used to on my part. Getting over the aversion to the ocean, remembering to settle Pirate Coves with heroes and expanding the lord ships. Also the idea that Harkon can recruit all the units he needs without having to dock, indeed not having to dock with him at all and even being able to replenish at sea.

One other thing. I was looking around for ways to increase the number of Gunnery Wights and Mourngul Haunter hero slots. Apparently this can be done by one of the buildings from Pirate Coves. It also seems that there might be a bug where one of the building trees is also supposed to give more slots but is bugged. It's fixed in the Community Bug Fix workshop mod.
Edit: Specifically these buildings are the Gunports (Shuttered Gunports, level 4) and Hold (Bulk Cargo Hold, level 3) building tree for Legendary Lord ship buildings.

From mod page:
- Fixed missing additional hero cap for Gunnery Wights and Mourngul Haunters in the fleet building chains. (CeltiK)

Edit Edit: One other small change I'm greatful for. The diplomacy screen now shows your trustworthiness as "Very High" rather than "Steadfast". Easier for me to understand the scale level.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:34:56 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: November 10, 2018, 03:25:09 am »

EEEEEE~

Guys. Beat the campaign with Direfin. Do eeeetttt.

DOOO EEETTT

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: November 10, 2018, 03:35:55 am »

EEEEEE~

Guys. Beat the campaign with Direfin. Do eeeetttt.

DOOO EEETTT

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Haha, all the pirate LLs have something like that in their plots. Some more nefarious than others.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: November 10, 2018, 03:54:52 am »

Woah. So not only did the WH world not die, Dranchenfels totally exists. As in, the real original Drachenfels? That was around forever? That is huge. Perhaps this is in one of his mirrors, all along. A facet of truth?

Yet would the Warhammer world dying, and being shattered into so many pieces, in the "true" GW timeline, be any different? It makes a lot more sense to retcon it into the Count's hand, into his hall of mirrors, than anything else. Head-canon or approved. I claim this theory-crafting..... now!

AoS was all just a terrible dream, a reflection of what might happen, twisted and distorted by time and hate. But is the TW:WH world any different? (yes, yes it is. It's WAY better). Seen by a busty vampire and her companions, for just a moment.....

Can someone check Wurrzag's buff quickly? I'd still love to know if it's map-wide, or just the region he's in.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 04:12:27 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33:52 am »

Woah. So not only did the WH world not die, Dranchenfels totally exists. As in, the real original Drachenfels? That was around forever? That is huge. Perhaps this is in one of his mirrors, all along. A facet of truth?

Yet would the Warhammer world dying, and being shattered into so many pieces, in the "true" GW timeline, be any different? It makes a lot more sense to retcon it into the Count's hand, into his hall of mirrors, than anything else. Head-canon or approved. I claim this theory-crafting..... now!

AoS was all just a terrible dream, a reflection of what might happen, twisted and distorted by time and hate. But is the TW:WH world any different? (yes, yes it is. It's WAY better). Seen by a busty vampire and her companions, for just a moment.....

Can someone check Wurrzag's buff quickly? I'd still love to know if it's map-wide, or just the region he's in.
AoS is actually fine at this point. The only really bad thing about it are the maximum copyright names.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: November 10, 2018, 08:08:04 am »

And the shitty power armor empire
Love, scriver~

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: November 10, 2018, 08:19:31 am »

Well that's just one facet of the Empire anyways, given the Free Guilds and the like.

Game at least improved a bit once we got some non-stormcast though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: November 10, 2018, 09:25:32 am »

On the topic of the game, I'm playing as Noctilus and enjoying it a great deal. I've just now made a beeline for the Sword of Khaine and just finished defeating its bearer.

The zombies are suprisingly good given that they are, well, zombies.

EDIT: Noctilus with the sword is crazy strong. Alith Anar attacked me at sea with two stacks and I managed to win anyway thanks to just how bloody strong the sword is.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 10:07:29 am by Teneb »
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 277