Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508318 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3405 on: November 06, 2018, 04:25:12 am »

Try Bretonnia - they’re very much not slow and have quality units. The infantry is trash (well, the best ones are decent), but you’re not going to have to use it all that much. Manage your knights right and you’ll be death to anything not called Wood Elves.

Norsca is also fun. Basic units are decent already and you’re going to reach the better tiers pretty quickly. You can also go Throgg with a full-monster army if you hate the idea of infantry with a passion. It takes time and better units for that to be really worthwhile, but it’s the best when you do.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: November 06, 2018, 05:25:21 am »

Investing in red-line skills can turn even trash-tier units into decent ones.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: November 06, 2018, 09:28:05 am »

Try Bretonnia - they’re very much not slow and have quality units. The infantry is trash (well, the best ones are decent), but you’re not going to have to use it all that much. Manage your knights right and you’ll be death to anything not called Wood Elves.

Norsca is also fun. Basic units are decent already and you’re going to reach the better tiers pretty quickly. You can also go Throgg with a full-monster army if you hate the idea of infantry with a passion. It takes time and better units for that to be really worthwhile, but it’s the best when you do.

Can attest to Throgg Monster Mash being hilarious good fun.

Also Lizardmen with dinosaur armies. Get that feral cold ones mod and legions of dinosaurs will consume all in your path.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: November 06, 2018, 12:29:13 pm »

The gigantic patch notes are out: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/the-aye-aye-patch-notes

I like this part
Reworked group vocalisation system and added new assets for most humanoid units:

Blood Knights thirst for blood more
    Bretonnians (Knights and Peasants) are now overly honourable
    Dark Elves (Male, Female, and Witch Elves) are now extra malevolent
    Dwarfs now hold even more grudges
    Empire State Troops are now more disciplined
    Goblins are now extra stabby
    High Elves (Male and Female) have increased in arrogance
    Orcs now Waaagh! harder than ever
    Warriors Chaos and Norscans (Chosen, Marauders, and Chaos Warriors) worship the Dark Gods more intensely
    Wood Elves (Male and Female) are now wilder

According to Grace, she clarifies that they recorded new voicework for those factions. Nice of them.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: November 06, 2018, 12:45:52 pm »

Ooh, I want to play Heinrich Kemmler now... 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: November 06, 2018, 02:25:29 pm »

Quote from: patch notes
Grimgor: +600 mass, +5 armour, +7 melee defence.

Grimgor: +600 mass

+600 mass

Aww yeah. Finally he's the 'ardest boy dere is.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: November 06, 2018, 04:57:19 pm »

Dude probably weighs as much as a cavalryman now.
Which is awesome.

Try Bretonnia - they’re very much not slow and have quality units. The infantry is trash (well, the best ones are decent), but you’re not going to have to use it all that much.
Can confirm. Grail Guardians and Questing knights end up being your line units, which is both a very weird way to play and not as terrible as first assumed against anything with spears.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: November 06, 2018, 05:52:03 pm »

Hammer and Anvil tactics? Surely you mean Hammer and Hammer tactics! For ze Lady!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: November 06, 2018, 09:27:38 pm »

Quote from: Patch Notes
Gaze of Nagash: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory
Shem’s Burning Gaze: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory
Vindictive Glare: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory, -1 power cost
Vindictive Glare Upgraded: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory, -1 power cost
Gaze of Mork: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory, -1 power cost
Gaze of Mork: increased accuracy, changed to a higher ballistic trajectory, -1 power cost

This is nice. If this means they're changed like I think then these magic missiles will be much more useful when on flat terrain.

Shield of Thorns now adds Physical Resistance instead of Missile Resistance and Regrowth now replenishes Vigour instead of adding Physical Resistance.

They also seem to have worked on artillary moving towards the towers when told to attack them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: November 06, 2018, 10:23:38 pm »

---------
Skaven

Tretch
Lord:
+13 MA during ambushes (moved from Faction to Lord effects)
+13 MA after retreating (moved from Faction to Lord effects)

Skarsnik
Lord:
+14 Charge Bonus Night Goblin Squig Hoppers NEW
--------

Now, *THAT'S* sneaky. Or, you know, a typo.

Wurrzag's -50% savage orc recruitment cost is pretty huge too. Absolutely massive infantry attrition horde for next-to-nothing. Doesn't say Big Boyz, but it might apply too. And they're not bad at half cost, even if the upkeep will be harsh in the long-term. But being able to roll out a horde of ladz with your crappy little pile of loot and regions, to get more loot and regions, will be awesome. I'm pretty sure it doesn't count for MP matches, but if it does, imagine the gubbins you could afford on top of a fairly solid centre.

It seems to be mapwide for SP (not sure how else they'd do it anyway). But even if it's just where you are, you'll be able to absolutely fill your sledgehammer with them after any bad battles. Naked orcs. Everywhere. So. Many. Mushrooms......

Waaaaggghhhhh!
Orc Pope is Go!

Instant doomstacks, you say? Just ask Gork and Mork. They'll fix ya up :)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 10:45:49 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: November 08, 2018, 10:33:01 am »

All hail the mighty, the DLC is out! And super slow to download for me, but maybe I’ll do something useful in the meantime. Wonder if I should do Noctilus or Aranessa first. Spooky opera ghost also looks fun.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: November 08, 2018, 10:36:38 am »

All hail the mighty, the DLC is out! And super slow to download for me, but maybe I’ll do something useful in the meantime. Wonder if I should do Noctilus or Aranessa first. Spooky opera ghost also looks fun.
It's not the download. TWW (both of them, plus other total war titles) use a very stupid method of updating: it clones the game folder, applies the update on top of the clone, and then deletes the original. It take a long time because your HDD is having to copy 50+ GB of data. SSD users have it way faster... but suffer from size problems since the game effectively requires double its own size.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: November 08, 2018, 12:27:43 pm »

CA after getting really good at these cinematics: https://youtu.be/Ry1VRll1s9g

You can really tell they enjoy working on this project.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: November 08, 2018, 01:36:00 pm »

At least this one doesn't do the Shogun 2 thing where if you don't have vision over the enemy, they will cheatspawn fullstack armies instantly for free. I remember the only way to defeat the AI on legendary in Shogun 2 was to have agents over their settlements at all times for vision. If not the fullstacks never ended.

Actually this is what annoyed me about warhammer 2.
Wounding a faction leader and killing his army for him to respawn at his capitol with a full stack.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: November 08, 2018, 02:21:16 pm »

At least this one doesn't do the Shogun 2 thing where if you don't have vision over the enemy, they will cheatspawn fullstack armies instantly for free. I remember the only way to defeat the AI on legendary in Shogun 2 was to have agents over their settlements at all times for vision. If not the fullstacks never ended.

Actually this is what annoyed me about warhammer 2.
Wounding a faction leader and killing his army for him to respawn at his capitol with a full stack.
I've never seen this happen. What does happen is that the AI has a full stack kicking around and the moment the faction leader recovers from wounds, the AI replaces that stack's leader.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 277