Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508366 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3345 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:57 am »

Geez I hope they don't do the "wraiths can move anywhere" thing. It might be one of the few times where undead's aversion to moving water makes sense from a gameplay and not a story narrative thing.

Because otherwise there's going to be some LotR stuff going down, but in the middle of the ocean.

(PS. I'm going to have to check out man'o'war. I always loved the look of the TT game as a kid in white dwarf magazine, but never got to play it. But as both a Pirates! and Warhammer fan, this might be my jam.)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:41:58 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: October 11, 2018, 07:45:27 am »

Geez I hope they don't do the "wraiths can move anywhere" thing. It might be one of the few times where undead's aversion to moving water makes sense from a gameplay and not a story narrative thing.

Because otherwise there's going to be some LotR stuff going down, but in the middle of the ocean.

(PS. I'm going to have to check out man'o'war. I always loved the look of the TT game as a kid in white dwarf magazine, but never got to play it. But as both a Pirates! and Warhammer fan, this might be my jam.)
Pretty sure that's not a thing in Warhammer. Especially given that Vampires are totally fine with daylight.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: October 11, 2018, 09:02:51 am »

It isn't. I just hope various wraiths don't have a "BTW, we can move anywhere without concern for terrain, even water" stuff going.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: October 11, 2018, 09:19:50 am »

I thought vamps hated sunlight, but that it was pretty trivial magic to blot/swarm it
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: October 11, 2018, 09:22:03 am »

It varies. It's Warhammer. Just assume there's a parasol bat or something around somewhere for those few times it bothers them even remotely. Because, you know, magic and vampires and stuff. And narrative.

It really doesn't bother them. Parasol bats are why people vacation there anyway. So, more fresh, rather untanned meat. So convenient.....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:25:05 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: October 11, 2018, 10:17:55 am »

A writeup about Luthor Harkon has been posted on the Creative Assembly website.
I'm going to hazard a guess that the other two LL will get revealed in the next two days.
Anessa Saltspike's profile is now up. They kept to the lore of her being a living mutant, not an undead vampire, and she buffs her living crew of Sartosa Free Company Units. She also rides an undead crab or something like that and she starts off the coast of Tilea in Mortal Empires.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 11:26:32 am by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: October 12, 2018, 09:24:27 am »

The Last LL was revealed and it was... Cylostra Direfin. Who is that, I hear you ask? I have no idea.

Spoiler: Her Info (click to show/hide)
She starts north of Mazdamundi in the Vortex, but moves to his south in the Mortal Empires map.

EDIT: Since the Silver Princess does have a faction crest, I guess she'll just be a generic lord in a minor VP faction.

EDIT: CA confirmed that she's a completely original character (do not steal), so there's that.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:28:37 am by Teneb »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: October 12, 2018, 09:37:37 am »

Interesting. It's really not what people were expecting and I kind of like it for that. I can understand if people wanted one of the existing characters instead but I like the design of her and her ability to summon units of spectral bretonnian knights (and upgrade them as well) sounds neat.

It also mentions Mourngul Haunters as a hero. I wonder what the spells of the Lore of the Deep will be like?

I think there's still a free legendary lord coming, so the Silver Princess might be that. Or it could be a completely different faction character.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43:28 am »

Interesting. It's really not what people were expecting and I kind of like it for that. I can understand if people wanted one of the existing characters instead but I like the design of her and her ability to summon units of spectral bretonnian knights (and upgrade them as well) sounds neat.

It also mentions Mourngul Haunters as a hero. I wonder what the spells of the Lore of the Deep will be like?

I think there's still a free legendary lord coming, so the Silver Princess might be that. Or it could be a completely different faction character.
The free LL is for sure going to be for one of the original factions (of WH2). The DLC factions (and now HE) have 4 LLs. Skaven has 3 LLs, but still haven't received their lord pack, so they are out. So it's either a Lizardmen or Dark Elf LL. Hoping for Lokhir Fellheart (Dark Elf Corsair) myself.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:42 am »

The free LL is for sure going to be for one of the original factions (of WH2). The DLC factions (and now HE) have 4 LLs. Skaven has 3 LLs, but still haven't received their lord pack, so they are out. So it's either a Lizardmen or Dark Elf LL. Hoping for Lokhir Fellheart (Dark Elf Corsair) myself.

Ah, yes. Of course. They wouldn't have a free lord for a bought faction.

The added areas around Sudenberg are quite interesting now that the 4th lord has been shown not to start there. It could just be to add some density as the desert area does have a lot of open space (kind of appropriate but...)
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: October 14, 2018, 03:45:06 am »

I kinda wish there was a middle ground between the Vortex and ME maps, or a way to choose which areas of the map you get. For Vampirates especially I’d love the chance to have Bretonnia and the Southern Realms in to raid without the hassle of having the rest of the Old World as well. I suppose I’ll have to try Vortex Vampirates first, haven’t played a non-ME campaign in ages.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: October 14, 2018, 04:14:50 am »

I kinda wish there was a middle ground between the Vortex and ME maps, or a way to choose which areas of the map you get. For Vampirates especially I’d love the chance to have Bretonnia and the Southern Realms in to raid without the hassle of having the rest of the Old World as well. I suppose I’ll have to try Vortex Vampirates first, haven’t played a non-ME campaign in ages.

There is a mod that randomizes all of the factions starting locations, though I haven't used it myself.

I would like if the Mortal Empires map got expanded to include all for the game 3 version. Even though it would run slower it would be like a last all out before the series finished.

The last vortex campaign I played was as Arkhan the Black. That was fun and the closer focus of the vortex map does make for some more interesting campaign strategy but the Mortal Empire map is so enticing with it's scale, even though I don't tend to see half of it in 200 turns, beyond hero scouting that is.
Perhaps with the Vampire Coast DLC it'll change, since having more control over naval battles will make exploring the sea feel safer and less "lose your army to an enemy who's currently docked or out of sight".
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 04:17:03 am by Mech#4 »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: October 16, 2018, 06:53:28 am »

There's been a fair bit of information released over the last day or so. There was a stream covering the "Curse of the Vampire Coast" DLC and the units we're going to be seeing arrive with it.

The full army list is also up for viewing.

Spoiler: Army List (click to show/hide)

There's also a video up introducing the new character by Creative Assembly, Cylostra Direfin. It also has a bit of, what I assume is, one of the spells from the Lore of the Deep.

Some things of note from the above; The Vampire Coast will be getting some varient shots for their cannons and artillery with grapeshot and quicklime to choose from. At least... I think that'll be an option, it was on the list when it was put up but seems to be missing now.
There's also a unit of zombies with bombs that I assume will be similar to miners with blasting packs or Deathglobe Bombadiers. The Deck Droppers can also come with either rifle armed zombies or bombs while the Bloated Corpse does function as an exploding suicide unit. It can also explode if it gets damaged enough.

Some things on the list and in the stream are a bit confusing. The Depth Guard were, in one of the screenshots, shown to be a unit of 26 models but in the stream it looked more like a unit of 64. There's also the unit of Sartosian pirates for Aranessa Saltspite that people are finding a little lackluster, though it was mentioned that they're still working on details so they might be changed between now and the release date.

Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 277