Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508372 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3315 on: October 04, 2018, 10:43:57 pm »

Hm, I think my favorite lords are Morghur for the turn-nearly-dead-unit-into-chaos-spawn ability, Settra the Imperishable for the chariots and Vlad von Carstein for the big, bad, true leader of the Vampire Counts.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: October 05, 2018, 08:44:46 am »

Anyone else think that the Vampire Pirate DLC will have new units for generic Vampire Counts as well?

It seems a shame to keep a Mournghul to the Pirates alone, since it doesn't really make much sense. I mean, It's a pretty Vampire Counts-ish unit.
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: October 05, 2018, 01:03:50 pm »

New units? Unlikely. The base VC roster is pretty solid already. Maybe a bit of crossover?

However, updates to the VC have been confirmed. They're getting a skill and ability overhaul as part of the free update with the Vampirates (which, really, we need to come up with a name for these guys that doesn't have the acronym "VC", it's confusing enough already!), which is pretty cool. I'll be very happy if they keep a trend of one Old World faction update alongside each DLC release!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: October 05, 2018, 02:09:10 pm »

What about Vampire Corsairs?
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: October 05, 2018, 02:10:52 pm »

New units? Unlikely. The base VC roster is pretty solid already. Maybe a bit of crossover?

However, updates to the VC have been confirmed. They're getting a skill and ability overhaul as part of the free update with the Vampirates (which, really, we need to come up with a name for these guys that doesn't have the acronym "VC", it's confusing enough already!), which is pretty cool. I'll be very happy if they keep a trend of one Old World faction update alongside each DLC release!
You already came up with a name: Vampirates.

What I really want is a standalone version of the trailer's shanty.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: October 05, 2018, 03:02:58 pm »

You already came up with a name: Vampirates.

What I really want is a standalone version of the trailer's shanty.
Me too.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: October 06, 2018, 01:56:47 am »

well pirates and cannons makes sense and pirates and ghosts too so why not

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: October 06, 2018, 04:08:41 am »

Not the unit themselves, that's fine. I mean the visual appearance of the units. The dire wolves are, from what I can see, exactly the same as the Vampire Counts ones. The ghost unit also seems to be made up of banshees. I'd expect the Dire Wolves to maybe have some seaweed or barnacles on them, like the pirate zombies, to tie them into the overall theme more.

There have been some units Creative Assembly have shown or had in the game that changed their appearance later on. Early screenshots of Warhammer 1 and the Empire state troops. Beastmen also got more feral looking chaos warhounds and chaos spawn.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 10:42:48 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: October 06, 2018, 09:05:54 am »

Not the unit themselves, that's fine. I mean the visual appearance of the units. The dire wolves are, from what I can see, exactly the same as the Vampire Counts ones. The ghost unit also seems to be made up of banshees. I'd except the Dire Wolves to maybe have some seaweed or barnacles on them, like the pirate zombies, to tie them into the overall theme more.

There have been some units Creative Assembly have shown or had in the game that changed their appearance later on. Early screenshots of Warhammer 1 and the Empire state troops. Beastmen also got more feral looking chaos warhounds and chaos spawn.
The Vampire Coast tabletop army list had Scurvy Dogs which were just dire wolves by another name, really.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: October 06, 2018, 10:47:25 am »

...if they carried them by the shoulders or back they'd be able to fire while in the air though... clearly this army is in need of effictivitisation
Love, scriver~

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: October 08, 2018, 11:40:08 am »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: October 09, 2018, 11:01:18 am »

A writeup about Luthor Harkon has been posted on the Creative Assembly website.

Spoiler: Key Details (click to show/hide)

Some other interesting details is the addition of "The Galleon Graveyard" in the middle of the Great Ocean (visible on the map in the above blog). The blog also gives silhouettes of the other three lords coming.

From them it can be pretty strongly be guessed that two of them are Noctilus and Aranessa Saltspite. I do not know who the third person is, the sihouette looks kind of like a banshee with no legs and wavy hair. I don't really know that much about the Vampire Coast or Dreadfleet so someone more knowledgable will have to take a guess.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:21:49 am by Mech#4 »

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 277