Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508542 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3090 on: January 23, 2018, 08:25:52 pm »

Ah, so they're the culprit.

Also, the first quest for Settra the Imperishable's campaign has only a fraction of his epic list of titles and it is glorious.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: January 23, 2018, 08:35:40 pm »

Ah, so they're the culprit.

Also, the first quest for Settra the Imperishable's campaign has only a fraction of his epic list of titles and it is glorious.
According to the devs they wanted to do a long one but decided not to go with that.

Lol

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: January 24, 2018, 01:13:51 am »

I wonder if I'm getting old and grumpy, but the shitty diplomacy and inability to trade regions is rubbing me the wrong way more and more. Yeah yeah, I know it is Total War with focus on war, but if diplomacy does nothing, what is the point of having it in the game at all? Other than a button to confederate. I've started a game with the snake mummy girl, got friendly with Teclis and ugh... It's just annoying I can't trade with him to complete provinces or really do anything. Basically killing everything is the best way to play because it has the least annoyances. This is not limited to allies, as sometimes you'd like to feed your vassals some settlements you don't want. Especially ones with bad climate to you. That would actually make vassals of different species useful.

Now I'm just left grumbling about all the things that could be in the game but aren't. I don't think the modders can fix them either. 

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: January 24, 2018, 02:28:01 am »

Barely pushing through the massively bloated vampires on my Skaven game.
Considering remaking so at least they'll have the TK's to contend with.
But then I might as well just play TK's.

Edit: Not sure if this has happened to anyone else but Warhammer II just cleared itself off my hard drive and is reinstalling.
All 30 gig.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:47:45 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: January 24, 2018, 03:04:44 am »

I wonder if I'm getting old and grumpy, but the shitty diplomacy and inability to trade regions is rubbing me the wrong way more and more. Yeah yeah, I know it is Total War with focus on war, but if diplomacy does nothing, what is the point of having it in the game at all? Other than a button to confederate. I've started a game with the snake mummy girl, got friendly with Teclis and ugh... It's just annoying I can't trade with him to complete provinces or really do anything. Basically killing everything is the best way to play because it has the least annoyances. This is not limited to allies, as sometimes you'd like to feed your vassals some settlements you don't want. Especially ones with bad climate to you. That would actually make vassals of different species useful.

Now I'm just left grumbling about all the things that could be in the game but aren't. I don't think the modders can fix them either.

Yeah, it is kind of of a pity since the rest of the game is usually so good. Playing as Sethra I was trying to befriend the Brettonian crusaders to trade, raising my reputation with them ( was around 15 or such). I crushed the savage orcs close to me and was suddenly without enemies to fight. THE AI apparently decided someone had to be in war with me and the crusaders declared war on me out of the blue.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: January 25, 2018, 07:47:15 pm »

So tomb kings play really weirdly. They have no recruitment cost nor upkeep, but instead have MASSIVE restrictions on the amount of armies or non-chaff units you can field.
Which somehow is exactly how I wanted to play.

Yeah I deliberately avoided reading/seeing all of the lead-up information, so you're likely to see a lot of these.

The books of Nagash seem like an excuse to go way further from my borders than I ever actually will.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: January 26, 2018, 12:42:20 am »

Question: Can the Tomb Kings confederate at all or are you stuck with your starting Legendary Lord?

I looked at that early faction Settra's supposed to friend, and it didn't have it on the list, so...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: January 26, 2018, 01:16:32 am »

I don't believe so. It makes sense for Settra the Imperishable, he bows to no one. For others like Khalida or the minor factions, I did expect conferation but I suppose when you've got ancient rulers with massive egos, the idea of conferating is rather distasteful. They would have all ruled the same area at some point in time or another so they all have equal claims for being the top and aren't used to compromise.

Possibly Khatep, though being exiled by Settra the Imperishable would give pause to the other lords, as well as being partly responsible for their current unlife.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: January 26, 2018, 08:01:21 am »

I do find it odd that Arkhan can't confederate with the other pro-Nagash faction. The guys guarding the Black Pyramid seem like the sort who'd welcome Nagash's most favoured servant back.

Also I can't help but feel that in battle they're basically VCs with far less useful magic support. All the regen stuff they have is so minor that it has barely any impact on a battle.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: January 26, 2018, 08:36:37 am »

I agree that the healing effect from casualties feels a bit weak. I don't think it can overcome the crumbling health loss and I can't say I've noticed units gain models back from it, though for the 120 units it's not like I've been looking that closely.

I've been having fun with the chariots. Getting nice charges off with them and breaking enemy units can see them gain around 100 kills. Though the lack of healing hurts their use over a longer battle. I've also had troubles with the chariots charging. They don't seem to always accelerate when charging, bumping into a unit and pretty much stopping, especially if the unit is skirmishing like an archer unit.

An interesting thing with the chariots is the ranged ones are a direct upgrade of the melee ones. There is no statistical difference between the two other than the archer chariots having bows.

Some of their magic I've had good use of. The lore of Nehekhara has got very nice buffs but most of them are single unit. Pha's Protection from the lore of Light is probably my most commonly cast spell, that and Banishment. Usekhp's Incantation of Dessication looks really nice with -44 melee attack and -27 melee defense in an area.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: January 26, 2018, 08:42:59 am »

An interesting thing with the chariots is the ranged ones are a direct upgrade of the melee ones. There is no statistical difference between the two other than the archer chariots having bows.

Bear in mind that there's hidden stats too. While I also suspect that the ranged chariots are flat out superior, it's possible that there's a difference in attack delay between the two.

Attack delay is probably one of the more important hidden stats. It's why halberds aren't quite as killy as their stats make them look, unless you're fighting large and the extra attack/damage tips the balance and makes them better than great weapons.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: January 26, 2018, 11:12:48 am »

That does seem possible. I have read about the attack delay time before though I wouldn't know where to begin looking to find out about that for the chariots.

On the regeneration for the Tomb Kings, I was reminded that the Lore of Nehekhara has a passive that gives healing and resurrection whenever you're casting a spell. "The Restless Dead" greatly heals all of your units mapwide as well as resurrects units for 7 seconds. I haven't played enough to really see if it makes much of a difference but it's something to encourage usage of those single unit buffs.

If this does make a big difference, than, what with the limited number of Liche Priests you can have (7 +1 from the First Book of Nagash I think), having a Liche Priest with Lore of Nehekhara would be better than the other lores.

I just looked over the books of Nagash and the sixth book is how you get Shadow lore Liche Priests. Also, the eigth book improves commandments by 50%. I'm 168 turns into my game and I haven't gotten any of them yet.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: January 26, 2018, 11:18:41 am »

Yes but the reali question is- does Teclis get that passive too?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: January 26, 2018, 11:38:03 pm »

Would it make sense for him to? As I recall the table top, healing from buffs was pretty much the TK's thing (alongside awesome archery and cool giant monster statues)
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: January 27, 2018, 12:10:59 am »

Bloody elves. Don't even have the common decency to stay dead when you kill them.

I had a bit of a closer look at "The Restless Dead". From what I can see it heals about 200 health over the 7 seconds, so not that much really. Seems like the lore needs to be used like in the tabletop and you should keep buffing units as often as you can to get the heal benefit. The Tomb Kings do have some seemingly very powerful items for increasing magic power during battles such as, though I haven't used it, "Neferra's Scrolls of Mighty Incantations" which increases power reserve and recharge rate proportional to how many friendly units are within range when using it. There's also the "Casket of Souls" that increases power reserve as well.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 277