Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508567 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3015 on: December 21, 2017, 11:20:00 am »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: December 22, 2017, 11:25:18 pm »

Perhaps not as much use to people here but one enterprising modder has found out a way to import models from Attila: Total War into Warhammer 2: Total War.

While keeping in mind the modding caveat that any mods have to remain focused on the Warhammer license (So no Lord of the Rings, though I assume historical content would be fine), this does open the doors to more resouces for theming factions such as Araby using elements from Attila or importing custom models into Attila than moving them over to Warhammer that way.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: December 23, 2017, 01:31:37 am »

In the laboratory I discovered a very dumb and funny way to draw the game.

I set up a battle between a giant giant and Ungrim along with... 5000 or so slayers. Also turned down gravity 50% and increased impact force by 10x.

The slayers were surprisingly wiped out without too much trouble but the battle between Ungrim and the giant couldn't be resolved and the battle ended in a draw.

This is because with every hit, Ungrim would be sent flying off to the edge of the map and we'd have to slowly crawl to each other before he gets punted off to another side of the map. It was impossible to do anything. It was like Dwarf golf.

----

Later I had another battle between humans and it was impossible to see anything because I upped blood by 3x. So everything was just sprays of blood.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: December 23, 2017, 08:23:46 am »

Sending trollslayers up against a daemonslayer+ level foe?
I mean you’re just asking for it.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 24, 2017, 08:15:20 pm »

The skill arrays of the four Tomb King lords have been made available through the Total War Dashboard 5 days of Christmas gifts:

Settra the Imperishable.
Queen Khalida.
Grand Hierophant Khatep.
Arkhan the Black.

Some interesting things are Settra the Imperishable can have a Khemrian Warsphynx as a mount, Khatep has several spells which I believe are from the Lore of Nehekhara, and Arkhan has a resurrect spell.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 08:17:42 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 26, 2017, 01:23:49 am »

Woah that’s a $20 DLC.
That’s pretty messed up.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 29, 2017, 06:47:10 pm »

Woah that’s a $20 DLC.
That’s pretty messed up.

Yeah, the DLC is almost insultingly expensive. I get that they're adding a new race with a few new mechanics, but when it's the price of a reasonably priced full (non-AAA) game it gets a bit much.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: January 08, 2018, 04:46:26 pm »

More information is out. The freeLC to come with TK is some dude I can't remember but is basically the alpha Skaven. And by that I mean he gets bonuses to running away and breaking treaties lol.

TKs look more and more interesting with every bit of new data. They don't rely on loot drops on the battlefield but prefer to craft all their stuff themselves. They use trade goods to craft. Their state units don't have idle animations but stand completely still.

angelious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: January 08, 2018, 05:07:44 pm »

Woah that’s a $20 DLC.
That’s pretty messed up.

Yeah, the DLC is almost insultingly expensive. I get that they're adding a new race with a few new mechanics, but when it's the price of a reasonably priced full (non-AAA) game it gets a bit much.

each new dlc races comes with unique army,lords,gameplay mechanics,animations,voice acting, skills,magic, etc....so its not really that insultingly expensive considering how much bang you get for your buck and how much work it takes for them to actually make a new race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: January 08, 2018, 05:29:07 pm »

More information is out. The freeLC to come with TK is some dude I can't remember but is basically the alpha Skaven. And by that I mean he gets bonuses to running away and breaking treaties lol.

TKs look more and more interesting with every bit of new data. They don't rely on loot drops on the battlefield but prefer to craft all their stuff themselves. They use trade goods to craft. Their state units don't have idle animations but stand completely still.
You forgot to mention that Tretch Craventail is also rat Vlad. He has vanguard deployment for all forces... and starts with a doomwheel.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: January 08, 2018, 05:38:25 pm »

Here's more stuff I stole from Reddit:

Khemri: Settra the Imperishable

Public Order +2 (all provinces)
    Growth +10 (all provinces)
    -1 Construct time for main settlement buildings
    +100% leadership aura size
    +10% replenishment rate for Tomb Guard and Skeleton Chariots
    Starting Unit: Khemrian Warsphinx
    Starting Unit: Tombguard (Halberds)
    Has a Unique Traits which levels up based on how rich you get. Increases your raiding income and building income.

Exiles of Nehek: Grand Hierophant Khatep

Suitable Climate: Mountains
    Diplomatic Relations -40 with Dark Elves
    +5% Campaign movement range
    +10% casualty replenishment (all armies)
    +10% research rate
    Hero Capacity: +2 for Liche Priests
    Hero Recruit Rank +3 for Liche Priests
    Starting Unit: Hierotitan
    Starting Unit: Carrion

Court of Lybaras: High Queen Khalida

Suitable Climate: Jungle
    Diplomatic Relations +20 with Tomb Kings
    +20% ammunition for all armies.
    Poison attacks (for Khalida's army)
    -50% attrition for Khalida's army)
    Untainted +3 for Khalida in local province.
    Starting Unit: Sepulchral Stalkers
    Starting Unit: Necropolis Knights

Followers of Nagash: Arkhan the Black

+20 diplomatic relations with Vampire Counts
    -50 diplomatic relations with Tomb Kings.
    +10 Winds Reserve for all armies.
    Vampiric Corruption does not impact public order.
    Starting Unit: Crypt Ghouls
    Starting Unit: Tomb Scorpions(?)

Campaign Start: Settra

Main early enemies are Orc Factions (Top Knotz) controlling land north of Khemri
    It appears that CA has allowed, for the purpose of the Tomb Kings, Multiple missions to trigger during the same turn, this is good for modding potential alone.

Main Objectives: The Books of Nagash

Books are obtained by capturing certain settlements or defeating certain armies. It is not certain whether these are preset (likely) or partially randomized (unlikely).
    In the gameplay. the following are the requirements
    Book 1 Location: Defeat the Black Creek Raiders (looks like a rogue army) who start in Lustria.
    Book 1 Bonus: +1 Capacity for all heroes, -50% hero action cost, +10% hero success chance.
    Book 2 Location: Occupy the Awakening on the Vampire Coast.
    Book 2 Bonus: Grants vision over any settlement with Gold, Gemstones or Marble, Grants +20% income from Trade.
    Book 3 Location: Occupy Vulture Mountain, near Araby in the Southlands.
    Book 3 Bonus: After Occupying or Sacking a settlement, a sandstorm will occur. You gain immunity to sandstorms and +15% casualty replenishment after occupying or sacking.
    Book 4 Location: Another Rogue army, in the southern jungles of the Southlands.
    Book 4 Bonus: 250 Jars, Lord Recruit Rank +3, -1 to Wound recovery time.
    Book 5 Location: Occupy the White Tower of Hoeth, in Ulthuan.
    Book 5 Bonus: +1 Army Capacity, +5 Unit Capacity for Tombguard (both types) and Skeleton Chariots.
    Book 6 Location: Another Rogue army, starting just south of Araby.
    Book 6 Bonus: Unlocks Recruitment for Lore of Shadows Liche Priests, grants +20 Winds Reserve.
    Book 7 Location: Yet another Rogue Army, starting in the Islands of Ulthuan near Cothique.
    Book 7 Bonus: Grants 10 Jars per Turn and +10% research rate.
    Book 8 Location: Capture the Lost Plateau, near Karak Zorn.
    Book 8 Bonus: +50% effects from Commandments.
    Book 9 Location: "Known to Belong to Arkhan the Black, however it's exact location is unknown, and retrieving it will be all but impossible".
    Book 9 Bonus: Enables recruitment of Certain Vampire Count Units.
    You must also take and hold the Black Pyramid, getting it to max level.

Recruitment

Recruitment is fairly simple: Units have a cap which is increased by the building you recruit them from.
    Units have no upkeep and no recruitment cost, only a unit cap.
    Build more stuff to have access to more units.
    Regiments of Renown are available (at least four of them anyway) right off the bat. These regiments appear to be Legions of Legend.
    The available Regiments are:
    The Flock of Djaf (Carrion)
    Usirian's Legion of the Netherworld (Nehekhara Warriors)
    Storm Riders of Khsar (Nehekhara Horsemen)
    Venom Knights of Asaph (Necropolis Knights)
    Skeleton Warriors and Skeleton Spearmen appear to be the only units not subject to any form of unit cap.

The Mortuary Cult:

Has 6 tabs: Legions of Legend, Weapons, Armour, Enchanted Items, Talismans, and Arcane Items.
    The legions of Legends tab lets you use Gold, Canopic Jars and the possession of certain trade goods to increase the capacity for the legions of legend.
    You also must pay to increase your army capacity (Costs 10000 cost and 750 jars, which seems expensive).
    The crafting is basically having access to a given trade resource plus having enough Jars.
    Some items seem EXTREMELY powerful, but cost many jars.
    Lots of Room to make your Lord completely overpowered with this.

Roster Notes

Tier 5 Units include: Hierotitan, Necropolis Knights (Halberds)!!!, Khemrian Warspinx and Necrosphinx.
    It is interesting that the tomb-kings have a Tier 5 cavalry option with Armour Piercing Damage, poison attacks, Bonus Versus Large and a decent armour value at 90. Their Stats are slightly lower than Demigryphs with Halberds but still, they are fucking impressive.
    Tomb Swarms are apparently in, but only as an Army Ability.

Dynasty's (research)

Researching Dynasty's lowers your research rate each time, but is a far cheaper way of increasing your army capacity.
    Each Dynasty contains a unique Lord who can be unlocked at the cost of Jars, a unique proclamation (factionwide buff, basically) that can be unlocked for Gold, and 6 minor techs. *Heralds can be unlocked separately and are unique followers.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: January 08, 2018, 08:56:59 pm »

It's interesting that Creative Assembly are modifying the suitable climates amongst lords of the same race. It's something they've apparently done to Tretch Craventail as well (screenshot of lord selection screen). Here's a screenshot of Tretch's faction abilities.

Hunting down the books of Nagash seems fun, though I wonder about the ones held by rogue armies. What if the rogue army gets defeated before you get to it, or what if it settles a region?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: January 10, 2018, 12:43:53 pm »

I'm super hype.

It looks like the campaign starting with the coalition against Dong Zhou, so we won't be getting Yellow Turbans, which seems sacrilegious to me. But I guess CA was stuck in a corner since they refuse to ever give us multiple start dates at launch.

Though I'm sure this way they get to sell us a Yellow Turban DLC down the way.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: January 10, 2018, 12:54:24 pm »

I’m so conflicted. My first thought was “ugh, herohammer” (and my comments on YouTube reflect this)
Then. I was like “Wait, Chinese history is basically ALL about the generals (and my comments on reddit reflect this)

So i’m kinda stuck. I love the gritty realism of historical games, but I can understand the Three Kingdoms campaign wanting to have a bit more... flair.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 277