Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508566 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3000 on: December 19, 2017, 10:09:42 am »

Actually, speaking of factions and the third game, what can they even still do with it? I mean, they covered all the important bits of the map already, so what's left? Ogres, sure, and chaos dwarves, but isn't that pretty much it? And then it's just Ind and Cathay on the map besides them, which not even games workshop ever really cared about.

For the third game, I've heard speculation it would all Chaos infighting. Like, Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh as the main factions and DLC for Chaos Dwarves and Ogres.

There's also Skytitans, I guess?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 10:12:58 am by ZeroGravitas »

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: December 19, 2017, 10:15:31 am »

and the non-existence suspense is over: tomb kings coming january 23

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: December 19, 2017, 10:32:38 am »

The trailer.

Steam store page is not up yet, but from comments from CA_Grace in Reddit, Khalida is confirmed.

Blog post

EDIT: Reading the blog post myself now and it's SETTRA!, Khalida, Khatep and Arkhan. So that's nice.

EDIT 2:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 11:06:14 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: December 19, 2017, 03:20:42 pm »

It's definitely gonna be one of those extensive DLCs that's for sure.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: December 19, 2017, 03:57:33 pm »

Is it just me or so Tomb Kings seem very... busy?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: December 19, 2017, 05:16:07 pm »

Aww. No Nagash.

Wonder if he'll show up for the Black Pyramid Battle.

Then you could unlock him as a secret LL like the Red Duke!

hopes

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:00 pm »

Each of the lords have their own starting position, which is nice;

Settra the Imperishable starts in Kemri.
Queen Kalida starts near the Golden Collosus, south-west coast of Lustria.
Arkhan the Black starts in Wizard Caliph's Palace in Araby.
Khatep starts on an island just south of the Spider Planes in Naggaroth.

I believe these locations are just on the map in the Mortal Empires campaign, so Queen Kalida and Khatep might be shifted over a province but otherwise stay in the same general locations.

I like the mechanic the Tomb Kings have where they can get unique lords through, I think, research, adding them to the lord recruit pool. It also seems they've got regiments of renown in a similar way to how the Lizardmen have their blessed spawning units.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: December 20, 2017, 03:50:18 am »

So, has anyone looked at Mousillion recently?

Because, uh... They have a really nice Unique now.

-5% upkeep for Grave Guard and Black Knights factionwide, +2 Unit Rank for them faction wide, +1 Lord Recruit Rank factionwide, local Wight King Recruitment, Factionwide +3 Recruit Rank for THEM, +2 Capacity for Wight Kings, +10 Public Order locally, 2 Black Knights, 2 Grave Guard, and 2 Grave Guard Greatswords as a garrison, Walls, +5 Vampiric Corruption, and local recruitment of Black Knights.

T3 Building.

Fortress of Merovech.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: December 20, 2017, 04:00:09 am »

It's basically because their start position is awful so they need help haha. Also I believe their start isn't even a province capital, which is why they get roflstomped so often.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: December 20, 2017, 02:31:25 pm »

Stolen from Reddit:

TK Units do not cost gold to buy or upkeep

Mentioned on the TW stream earlier today. They have a unit cap that increases by building certain buildings.

Edit: also mentioned that Khalida will be in her home city in ME campaign

Edit2: also mentioned that Arkhan the Black has a unique building chain that allows him to unleash Vampire Count units in battle. They discuss Arkham using fell bats in battle at some point in the stream

Edit3: Legions of Legend described as “over the top, outrageous RoR” describes a large Carrion LoL that can drop bombs. You craft them with trade resources and Canopic Jars. 6 Dynasty’s total

Edit4: on Dynasty’s. Additional armies/hero’s require you to research a dynasty. You can only have as many armies as you have Dynasty’s. Each dynasty you research slows your research rate.

Edit5: Tomb Kings will have RoR from the start! These are separate from Legions of Legend! All races will be updated to not get RoR until level 10 in the future.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: December 20, 2017, 05:10:19 pm »

Stolen from Reddit:

TK Units do not cost gold to buy or upkeep

Mentioned on the TW stream earlier today. They have a unit cap that increases by building certain buildings.

Edit: also mentioned that Khalida will be in her home city in ME campaign

Edit2: also mentioned that Arkhan the Black has a unique building chain that allows him to unleash Vampire Count units in battle. They discuss Arkham using fell bats in battle at some point in the stream

Edit3: Legions of Legend described as “over the top, outrageous RoR” describes a large Carrion LoL that can drop bombs. You craft them with trade resources and Canopic Jars. 6 Dynasty’s total

Edit4: on Dynasty’s. Additional armies/hero’s require you to research a dynasty. You can only have as many armies as you have Dynasty’s. Each dynasty you research slows your research rate.

Edit5: Tomb Kings will have RoR from the start! These are separate from Legions of Legend! All races will be updated to not get RoR until level 10 in the future.
I like everything in that except what that person did to dynasties.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: December 21, 2017, 01:51:43 am »

Here's one last piece of info from Reddit and the stream:

TK have a unique stance called “sand veil” that replenishes Troops and gives them the “sand veil” ability in battle which allows them to hide units.

I really like all these. Reminds me of the Norsca DLC where they pumped so much love into the faction. Man, this is so much better than some half-arsed mini-campaign that no one plays. Not to mention ever since playing WH2, I learned to really like it when individual races have opportunities to make unique lords and generals. The Dark Elf one for example injects so much personality into them that you can't help remembering them and their exploits. So this dynasty's thing has me stoked.

Also apparently the Necrotitan was almost completely designed by CA themselves. They used thoughts and ideas from other people and sculpted it based on that. Gotta say. I much prefer laser eye colossus over the stupid bone titans.

Edit: Love you Teneb.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: December 21, 2017, 10:54:52 am »

I faffed about a bit with larger unit sizes, and it's interesting how even within single units you get sort of 'pockets' forming where a few troops from one side push their way through.  This is a gradual process, unlike how units would almost instantly break up in Shogun 2, and I find it quite pleasing both aesthetically and logically.  Reserve units seem a lot more important due to the large unit sizes drastically increasing the possibilities of multiple breaches in your line.

The primary downside so far is that ranged units take forever to form up and start fighting.  This might be mitigated by keeping them in set formations, but I usually like to keep archers fluid to adapt to new gaps and flanking opportunities.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 277