Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508635 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2955 on: December 06, 2017, 04:50:08 pm »

It’s refreshing to see a big dev team go into this kind of detail on why things aren’t working out. Wonder what the ’experimental free game mode’ is going to be.
Ork Boys, I'm sure. Remember how well that worked for Eternal Crusade?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: December 07, 2017, 02:10:02 am »

>2 way battles make very little sense, both pragmatically and from a historical perspective.  Why on earth would someone choose to fight two armies instead of getting in some relaxation and fighting one (now weakened) army with your own well rested one.
WAAAAGHHHH?

Or favor of the gods, in the case of Chaos.

Can't think of any other factions, but there's probably some reason. 's not like this game is SUPER ULTRA LORE HARD after all.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: December 07, 2017, 04:13:52 pm »

That trailer put my sides into orbit.  Looking forward to it.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: December 08, 2017, 01:29:44 am »

Okay, very unexpected. Looks like a fun little gimmick, nothing more - but hey, it’s free, so I can’t complain.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2960 on: December 08, 2017, 02:13:11 pm »

If only I had a computer than could run the massive unit sizes... Id only ever play one 1000+ man regiments.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: December 14, 2017, 09:39:52 pm »

The Laboratory battle mode is now available as well as a small patch, called the Reprisal Update, that came along with it.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

From a brief look over things, it appears that people are having better performance in the Laboratory than in normal battles or campaign battles. I've only fiddled with it a little bit but, what with the working with Intel over this, it seems like it might be utilizing cpu usage more effectively.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: December 15, 2017, 12:47:44 pm »

The Laboratory battle mode is now available as well as a small patch, called the Reprisal Update, that came along with it.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

From a brief look over things, it appears that people are having better performance in the Laboratory than in normal battles or campaign battles. I've only fiddled with it a little bit but, what with the working with Intel over this, it seems like it might be utilizing cpu usage more effectively.

I am not sure what type or how much data they gather but I am guessing the labratory was an experiment all it's own for their benefit...they handed us a clip board and told us to fiddle with stuff and see what happens, meanwhile they have their own clip boards and are watching us behind a 2 way mirror.

That's not to accuse them of using us or dishonesty or anything...but it seems like a smart way to handle it...almost like machine learning...except instead of AI they just use tons of humans runnings large amounts of different iterations testing limits.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: December 16, 2017, 03:19:51 am »

Intel accidentally leaked the most obvious DLC race:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: December 16, 2017, 06:14:14 am »

At least they confirmed Ushabti are going to be an unit.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: December 16, 2017, 08:15:55 am »

I'm happy about Ushabti, they're one of my favorite looking units in Warhammer Fantasy.

I do wonder what they're going to do about Lamia. I can't decide whether they would implement Neferata as a Vampire Count or Tomb King character, or perhaps implement her as her own faction. She's a Vampire Counts character but I feel she should have a Tomb Kings theme to her army.

I suspect Tomb Kings will be split between two major factions with 2 lords each. Settra the Imperishable and Queen Kalida on one side and Arkhan the Black and, I don't know, Prince Apophas (Undead guy made out of beetles) on the other perhaps?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: December 16, 2017, 09:13:48 am »

I'm happy about Ushabti, they're one of my favorite looking units in Warhammer Fantasy.

I do wonder what they're going to do about Lamia. I can't decide whether they would implement Neferata as a Vampire Count or Tomb King character, or perhaps implement her as her own faction. She's a Vampire Counts character but I feel she should have a Tomb Kings theme to her army.

I suspect Tomb Kings will be split between two major factions with 2 lords each. Settra the Imperishable and Queen Kalida on one side and Arkhan the Black and, I don't know, Prince Apophas (Undead guy made out of beetles) on the other perhaps?
CA did mention that 4 LLs would be the norm since the mini-campaigns are not making a return. Settra and Khalida are obvious picks, as you said, though I don't know if they should be on the same side. Dunno about Arkhan, but I'll like it if we have him (however it will be silly if Settra can confederate with him).

Decided to take a look at the rest of their named characters and we got the previously mentioned beetle-man Prince Apophas; there's also the necrotect Ramhotep the Visionary; Grand Hierophant Khatep to fill that caster lord slot if Arkhan doesn't make it; finally there's Settra's BFF/Bodyguard, Herald Nekaph. Not a lot of memorable skulls in that lot.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: December 16, 2017, 09:30:21 am »

To;dr on why those two are anathema?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: December 16, 2017, 09:39:26 am »

To;dr on why those two are anathema?
Arkhan is Nagash's only friend and apprentice. Nagash is responsible for turning Nehekara from super-prosperous, best WHF human realm, fantasy egypt into spoopy skeleton desert.

SETTRA! was pissed off because, when he was alive, the priests promised he'd return to life as a golden god-king, and not as a skeletor. Also because Nagash's pretty much destroyed his kingdom, considering he pretty much united and turned it into what it used to be.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: December 16, 2017, 09:53:40 am »

I'm not sure who you're talking about as for the second, Apophas isn't particuarly anathema. He was a cruel leader who was cursed with undying until he killed a soul equal to his own (an impossible task). Perhaps Arkhan could tempt him with death in return for service in the short term.

Grand Hierophant Khatep was banished from Kemri by the awakened Settra the Imperishable to not return until he knew how to undo Nagash's undead spell and give the Tomb Kings the immortality they had been searching for (living immortality, not undead).
A bit more: In the End Times, Khatep returned to warn Settra about the resurrection of Nagash. Settra thanked him for the warning but then killed Khatep for breaking his banishment.

Ramhotep the Visionary is probably the most likely above Apophas. He has a focus on animated constructs which make up a good portion of the Tomb Kings armies. Ushabti, Necrosphynx and, I think, Bone Giants.

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 277