Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508880 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2655 on: August 28, 2017, 03:26:51 pm »

Well that was just barreling into poe's line and blowing right through.
If someone feels it's necessary to quit, chances are something is wrong in the company.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: August 28, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »

I would be surprised if it wasn't management.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: August 28, 2017, 03:45:23 pm »

He did a Lifestream 2 hours ago, not sure if anyone was watching
http://www.twitch.tv/darrentotalwar

I was on my phone so I don't know, but second-hand stuff says it was vitriolic.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: August 28, 2017, 03:53:06 pm »

I watched some of it and was really disappointed.

Was expecting some juicy drama or high level corporate fuckery. Instead it was a guy bitching about animations and nitpicking game stuff.

He just burnt so many bridges over such minor crap. No one will ever hire him again so if his YouTube doesn't pan out, he doesn't really have a backup plan.

Such a sorry fool.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: August 28, 2017, 03:56:24 pm »

Maybe that was just it. He had a whole bunch of bottled nitpicks which he wasn't allowed to air whilst under contract.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: August 28, 2017, 04:11:24 pm »

Maybe that was just it. He had a whole bunch of bottled nitpicks which he wasn't allowed to air whilst under contract.
He says he aired them a lot but felt he was ignored since they didn't do anything about them.

If you watch the VOD clips you'll understand why I think he screwed himself. He was basically venting and raving for the entire duration. It was quite juvenile and I bet right now he's sweating bricks over breaking the same NDA that he didn't want to break.

While it's understandable that you can get frustrated over stuff at work, most people bitch about it at the bar or to their friends. Having an episode in front of the entire world? Very bad idea. Especially if the premises were just... So minor and irrelevant. Hell, at one point he claimed Paradox has better business practices than CA. Lol.

CA wishes they could be Paradox when it comes to milking their fanbase.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: August 28, 2017, 04:13:46 pm »

Ew. Paradox is not on my good list.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: August 28, 2017, 05:41:01 pm »

CK2 + all expansions (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.
Total War: Warhammer + all DLC and the incoming expansion (not including the cosmetic stuff) costs £134.

Honestly, I'd say CA are milking us a lot more here.  I've gotten far more mileage out of CK2 (and it's still ongoing) than I'm likely to get out of the entire TW:W series (if we're pretending they're separate games).  And, well, TW:W is guaranteed to have another £40 expansion and a whole new round of DLC for parts two and three, so you can realistically expect to at least double that £134 before it's finished.

Don't get me wrong, they're both fairly awful.  But I'd argue that CA are the greater of two evils here.  If they'd made CK2 most of the counts would be unavailable to play as without mods and we'd be looking at separate DLCs for Scotland, Ireland, Brittany etc etc
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 08:44:14 pm by lordcooper »
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: August 28, 2017, 06:13:24 pm »

CK2 was the last good one. You'd have to compare it to to Shogun 2. Which still doesn't look favourably on CA, but hey.

HoI "Break the game and sell the fix" 4 was maybe the worst DLC policy I'd seen.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: August 29, 2017, 01:58:29 am »

And then there's Stellaris...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: August 29, 2017, 05:43:53 am »

And then there's Stellaris...
Stellaris' main problem is still being feature-light, but it is, fortunately for me, not broken like HoI4.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: August 29, 2017, 07:41:27 am »

Stellaris is... wait... this isn't the Stellaris thread... :P

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Ahem.

I just finished playing the Norsca campaign and it was probably the most fun I've had with the game yet. I think part of the appeal was that once you confederate the north your enemies are all south of you so you don't get overwhelmed when you're at war with everyone. I enjoyed their mixed roster of men and monsters. Even their throwaway units didn't seem like utter crap. My favourite unit would have to be the mammoth, stomping through Bretonian peasants was a gleeful experience.

Have they toned down the aggressive actions of enemy heroes? When I first played the game on release I was annoyed by how frequently they'd swarm me with heroes and spam abilities. It bugged me so much that I downloaded a mod to nix their ability to use offensive actions. But in my last playthrough without the mod it seemed very tolerable.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: August 29, 2017, 08:04:20 am »

Have they toned down the aggressive actions of enemy heroes? When I first played the game on release I was annoyed by how frequently they'd swarm me with heroes and spam abilities. It bugged me so much that I downloaded a mod to nix their ability to use offensive actions. But in my last playthrough without the mod it seemed very tolerable.
Since release?

Yeah, they did quite a bit to tone it down.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: August 29, 2017, 09:40:56 am »

I think the last patch actually increased the protection timer lords get when they foil an enemy hero's ability. It's called "On Guard" and reduces things like assassination attempts success percentage by about 30%. It lasts about 5 turns now where previously I think it lasted for 1 or 2.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: August 29, 2017, 10:44:37 am »

In my Marienburg campaign, my superpowered agents were pretty much capable of stopping invasions all by themselves. Between assassinations and camp assaults, those bastard French Bretonnians only ever laid siege to Marienburg once--on a fluke turn order.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 277