Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508970 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2550 on: August 14, 2017, 01:16:23 pm »

In other news, Total Warhammer's Steam review score has finally gone from mixed to mostly positive. I don't think it's ever left mixed ever since launch. That's quite a massive jump.

The subreddit is speculating it's because of the Chinese localization. It would be interesting if the entire reason for the mixed score was because of the lack of it alongside the controversy. I always thought it was because of the DLC whoring.

Incidentally, they updated the broken launcher today (rolled it back) but apparently they broke it even more. Ironically, it appears to have broke the game for Chinese players.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 14, 2017, 04:25:23 pm »

In other news, Total Warhammer's Steam review score has finally gone from mixed to mostly positive. I don't think it's ever left mixed ever since launch. That's quite a massive jump.

The subreddit is speculating it's because of the Chinese localization. It would be interesting if the entire reason for the mixed score was because of the lack of it alongside the controversy. I always thought it was because of the DLC whoring.

Incidentally, they updated the broken launcher today (rolled it back) but apparently they broke it even more. Ironically, it appears to have broke the game for Chinese players.

If there is such a demand in China for the game I guess we could expect even Cathay in the future

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 14, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »

A poster on reddit committed heresy on everyone's behalf.
Spoiler: Squeak (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 14, 2017, 07:44:56 pm »

Sadly, that post is likely inaccurate, since the legend for all the other races was alphabetical after the two playable races. Unless, of course, the devs didn't apply alphabetization until after the names were replaced with question marks.

The VCs in the Lands of the Dead and Bretonnia in Araby are hopefully just placeholders. It's not like TW:WH1 didn't have placeholder or incomplete factions, from the limited Bretonnian roster to the impassable gap that was Athel Loren to the generic VC faction that Vlad would later displace.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 14, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »

Sadly, that post is likely inaccurate, since the legend for all the other races was alphabetical after the two playable races. Unless, of course, the devs didn't apply alphabetization until after the names were replaced with question marks.

The VCs in the Lands of the Dead and Bretonnia in Araby are hopefully just placeholders. It's not like TW:WH1 didn't have placeholder or incomplete factions, from the limited Bretonnian roster to the impassable gap that was Athel Loren to the generic VC faction that Vlad would later displace.
Yeah, quite likely. I think the two playable ones (top two) are right though. Mors was kind of a surprise to me.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 14, 2017, 08:18:47 pm »

Just finishing my Norsca campaign and I think it was the most fun I had playing the game. It was kind of easy, but it was very fun. Even garrison battles were fun.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 14, 2017, 09:38:01 pm »

Just finishing my Norsca campaign and I think it was the most fun I had playing the game. It was kind of easy, but it was very fun. Even garrison battles were fun.
I think CA really knocked it out of the park with this one. This faction is just a ton of fun. The units are powerful and memorable, but also versatile. The start is good. They have so many things they can do in the campaign with so many different battles to take on alongside fun resource management.

Not to mention they actually have a good end-game. I think they're the only faction in any Total War game where I actually like the end-game and don't look for a way to mod it better somehow (whether it's by making Chaos stronger for vanilla races, or making the realm split less stupid in Shogun, etc.)

It's a good sign if this is how things are to be for the upcoming races.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 14, 2017, 10:15:26 pm »

Yeah, quite likely. I think the two playable ones (top two) are right though. Mors was kind of a surprise to me.

Clan Mors would work for Queek Headtaker, the red colour would also match his red armour.

I would assume that the Bretonnian and Vampire Counts factions will get shoved aside if/when Araby and Tomb Kings get a release.

The start in Naggaroth for the Dark Elves looks interesting. They're surrounded by 3 Beastmen factions and 2 Norscan tribes. The size of the map is very nice too, I like how we get the whole of the west coast for Lustria and Naggaroth.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 14, 2017, 10:31:57 pm »

Clan Mors would work for Queek Headtaker, the red colour would also match his red armour.

I would assume that the Bretonnian and Vampire Counts factions will get shoved aside if/when Araby and Tomb Kings get a release.

The start in Naggaroth for the Dark Elves looks interesting. They're surrounded by 3 Beastmen factions and 2 Norscan tribes. The size of the map is very nice too, I like how we get the whole of the west coast for Lustria and Naggaroth.
I'm hoping the Chaos Nomads won't be Norse forever. They're more like evil mongols than evil vikings.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 14, 2017, 10:47:53 pm »

Some other interesting points is it seems like one of the Lizardmen lords starts all the way over on the east coast of the Southlands. I assumed they would start between Naggaroth and Lustria and in Itza but the Last Defenders seem to be the second playable Lizardmen faction. I like that there's a Wood Elf faction on the map, Oreon near Karak Zorn. It seems like Tiranoc starts with some land on the Bleak Coast in Naggaroth.

Looking at Ulthuan, it seems like there's only four of the gates present. The Dragon Gate, I believe it's located between the Unicorn and Phoenix gates, doesn't seem to have a valley for it.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 14, 2017, 11:44:04 pm »

Yeah there's actually a way to check other language reviews.. It was one of the games Chinese players review bombed simply because they wanted it in Chinese. Bit disgusting I do say.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 15, 2017, 12:09:12 am »

From the comments by chinese players I've seen; it was originally planned for Warhammer 1 to be in Chinese, but the translation team was dropped just before release. People who bought the game thinking it would be in chinese ended up not having that option. A mod was made to translate the game in the meantime, however, when the chinese translation was continued the mod was removed in lieu of the official version.

I'm glad that the option exists now for these people. Apparently the russian audience is having some issues with their translation as the company working on it is doing a rather unprofessional job of things.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 15, 2017, 03:04:58 am »

Even more reason the next total war game will be three kingdoms.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: August 15, 2017, 08:12:01 am »

I would actually be pretty excited about a three kingdoms total war game.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 15, 2017, 08:55:52 am »

China would probably be the only nation of earth which developed military strategy without the incentive of a small population.
I have no idea how they fought.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 277