Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509087 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2475 on: July 26, 2017, 11:13:45 am »

In today's stream they showed the norscan units and played some battles. It looks like they accidentally revealed Regiments of Renown for the Beastman, so it is probably other DLC races will also get them.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: July 26, 2017, 02:11:14 pm »

In today's stream they showed the norscan units and played some battles. It looks like they accidentally revealed Regiments of Renown for the Beastman, so it is probably other DLC races will also get them.
That's pretty nice. Should balance things out quite a bit, especially for MP.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: July 27, 2017, 07:57:17 am »

A new video is up covering the War Hydra for the Dark Elves. It also contains a clue for the next part of the ritual.

I do like the design for the Hydra, being more based off a snake than a dragon. I like its rattle-tail.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:03:49 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: July 28, 2017, 09:07:42 am »

A campaign video covering Throgg the Troll King for the upcoming Norsca DLC is up.

It covers things like the totem system and appeasing the 4 Chaos Gods as well as what bonues they give, the build tree for Norsca, research tree and the monster hunting mechanic as well as an interesting mechanic that makes confederation with Norscan tribes easier once you beat their faction leader.
It also shows the skill trees for Throgg and the Norscan Chieftains, who can actually put points towards one of the four gods, gaining bonuses and abilities for doing so. End bonuses listed below.
Beserker for Hound.
Regeneration and Poison Attacks for Crow.
Immune to Psychology, passive that gives Leadership bonus, melee defense and leadership debuff to enemy for Serpent.
Fireball spell and Magic Attacks for Eagle.

Some interesting points is the reward for favour with the Hound/Khorne is blurred out (I believe it says something about regiments of renown) as well as a unit I'm unsure of next to the Frost-Wyrm in the build tree (forth building tree from the left).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: July 28, 2017, 01:44:25 pm »

Makes sense with the crow, what with that other crow...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 02, 2017, 08:32:09 am »

Seems for their 30th birthday they're releasing some extra goodies. Basically a way of giving everyone some Regiments of Renown that aren't the base four races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yz7qXNJglxI
Norsca
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wood Elves
Brettonia
Beastmen
Chaos

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 02, 2017, 08:38:23 am »

The only way to get them will apparently be via Total War Access, FYI.

I wonder if anything at all will come for the base factions.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 02, 2017, 08:50:15 am »

Grim n' Grave and King n' Warlord were the packs they already released to bring those up to speed.
I guess just be glad there isn't a Brettonia paid expansion.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 02, 2017, 09:27:35 am »

They did mention that all the factions would be getting something so I would assume the base four factions will be covered in the patch on the 10th of August.

The various differences the units have can be read about on the F.A.Q here.

The Mirror Guard look really nice and the Swords of the Apocalypse have a map-wide charge and speed buff. The Dragon Ogre unit has a single-cast Chain Lightning that charges during melee while the Cygor has a root unit ability.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 02, 2017, 03:04:48 pm »

Cygor has a root unit ability.

Oh dear.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 03, 2017, 03:53:19 am »

Cygor has a root unit ability.

Oh dear.

Hm, I don't think it'll be that much of a problem. Beastmen don't have access to the Net of Amyntok and I assume the Cygors ability will require it to be quite close. It'll help the Beastmen deal with enemy cavalry to a small degree.

Some other things that have become apparent are; during the Norscan stream there was eight visible Regiments of Renown available (possibly more since I think the window could be scrolled). One of these is a unit of four Hellcannons that from what I've seen said is the 3rd tier reward for the Hound favour (Khorne reward for Norscan totems). The other looks like a Chaos Dragon/Frost Wyrm so I'm going to assume that the monsters you hunt during the Monster Hunt quests can get added within the Regiment of Renown list to recruit.

Anything else... we got the skill array images for Wulfrik the Wanderer and Throgg the Troll King.

There was also a short story called "The Forked Tongue" about a skink uploaded to the Total War Access. I haven't read it myself.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 03, 2017, 01:31:22 pm »

I'm on mobile and super lazy so I'll just let you guys know there's YouTube video out on the new monster hunt mechanics.

It looks frigging good. So damn good. I see what they mean by removing the mini campaigns and putting more stuff into the main one.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 03, 2017, 05:27:35 pm »

Here's the vidya of Wulfrik huntin gribbles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO3c1Rd-nNE

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 03, 2017, 05:52:47 pm »

I hope they address the fact that the original LL's are so dull compared to the new ones.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 277