Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509200 times)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2400 on: July 14, 2017, 05:48:28 pm »

The Dark Elves have a nice selection of infantry units there. Sword Infantry aside Spear Infantry unlike the High Elves who just have spears. It'll be neat to see the Darkshard (Repeater Crossbows) in action, and them being able to have shields is a nice advantage over the High Elf archers, probably to compensate for shorter range.

Apparently the Cold One Dread Knights have maces. I'm guessing that means they'll have armour piercing attacks. A bit odd to me that Shades can have great weapons but I don't know much about the Dark Elf army list.

Some more details are gathered here, in a Reddit post.
As an army the Dark Elves will have an ability called "Murderous Prowess". When casualties increase (Yours or the enemies) to a point all of your units will gain a large buff to their combat stats for about a minute. The amount of casualties required will change depending on the size of the battle. Witch Elves have "Murderous Mastery" which gives them an even bigger buff from "Murderous Prowess".
The Cauldron of Blood seems like it has abilities that can give your units things like rampage and melee buffs.

Assassin has different poisons, including one that can get through city gates quickly.
Witch Elves have a poison that causes rampage. I think this means if you attack an enemy unit with it they'll force attack.

War Hydra breathes fire and has an improved version of regeneration.
Black Dragon has noxious breath with a poison debuff that lasts long enough to use the breath attack again before it's over.

Missile Dark Riders and Cold One Chariot both have repeater crossbows. Apparently repeater crossbows are armour piercing but the Dark Riders can't fire while moving and the Cold One Chariot can rampage.
Wut. How do you poison a city gate?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: July 14, 2017, 06:41:46 pm »

Probably acid-coated weapons.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: July 14, 2017, 07:30:06 pm »

Probably acid-coated weapons.
IRL that wouldn't work at all. An acid coated blade is not the correct delivery mechanism for a chemical that can burn through a fortified position. Either the blade would melt or it'll still take you eons to burn through the wood / metal due to the very poor surface contact area.

In fantasy world, is best idea.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: July 14, 2017, 07:50:39 pm »

Saw the trailer and wow, they cast great voices for both Malekith and Morathi. They sound pretty great. Also they gave him quite the Darth Vader vibe.

Sadly I'm not the one to spot this, but... he's a dude whose entire body was burnt, and who was then encased in a full-body suit of black armour to keep him alive despite being roasted alive. Also, in the End Times he turns out to be the Chosen One. And, if you want to stretch the analogy, his mental state is highly influenced by his mother.

"Darth Vader vibe" is putting it lightly!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: July 14, 2017, 09:30:04 pm »

The Army Roster

For those who can't or won't click on that:
Heh. I wasn't.
Cheers Teneb
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: July 17, 2017, 01:38:58 pm »

CA has teased tomorrow's trailer (I assume it is for the pre-order dlc faction (that, in case you don't know, will be for Warhammer 1 despite the pre-order being for 2)). It was very short and can be seen in these two images here:

I think the thing in the background is a dead arachnarok.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: July 17, 2017, 01:44:39 pm »

Something killing goblins with arrows.
Frankly, even more stumped now
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: July 17, 2017, 01:51:23 pm »

So CA have decided not to include mini campaigns with their Warhammer DLCs now, instead giving 2 more legendary lords, more start locations, etc.

Apparently this was after listening to fan feedback about them. Neat.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: July 17, 2017, 01:53:10 pm »

So CA have decided not to include mini campaigns with their Warhammer DLCs now, instead giving 2 more legendary lords, more start locations, etc.

Apparently this was after listening to fan feedback about them. Neat.
While I actually like the minicampaigns, I'm also ok with this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: July 17, 2017, 08:44:58 pm »

I was a fan of minicampaigns which were translations of WHFB campaigns of note.
Whether or not they all were I have no idea as I never actually played WHFB.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: July 17, 2017, 08:55:08 pm »

I was a fan of minicampaigns which were translations of WHFB campaigns of note.
Whether or not they all were I have no idea as I never actually played WHFB.
Bullying Chaos with Grimgor when?

Seriously Storm of Chaos was basically Chaos getting utterly wrecked in every way on the tabletop.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: July 17, 2017, 09:06:17 pm »

Storm of Chaos was hilarious, the end times given player control.
I mean more like the first two vampire invasions of Altdorf and the death of Vlad

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: July 18, 2017, 02:43:38 pm »

Hold on to your comprehensions boys, Norsca has been announced as the preorder DLC (it's not exclusive though, just free for preorders and people who buy 1 week after release).

Many, many many good things about it.

1. It's actually quite cheap, only CAD11 for me.
2. Holy shit it's extensive. Massive unit roster, awesome lords, unique campaign mechanics, etc.
3. Looks like it's on the scale of Bretonnia's release, except only two LLs. Awesome LLs though. Really good ones.
4. Fookin' mammoths. Werewolves, Cyclopian lizardmen.

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbrbDa9EBR0

Here's the unit roster and other info: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6o1aga/norsca_roster_reveal/

------

I think all of us basically were expecting this especially given all the hints CA gave even weeks before. But I didn't expect the scale of it. I'm really excited for it actually. I hope they keep Surtha Ek's um... chariot love though. As a nice reminder of his cancer.

Also frigging Wulfrik AND Throgg?! Goddamn. How do I choose who to play. They're both frigging amazing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: July 18, 2017, 02:46:44 pm »

PREEDIT: Umiman ninja'd me, but I already went through the damn trouble.

While the forums were down, Norsca race pack got a trailer

Also their army roster, steam store page and the info on the website. All copied and pasted below because I'm sometimes a nice person.

Spoiler: army roster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: steam page (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the official site (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: July 18, 2017, 02:50:19 pm »

It doesn't look like they're giving Wulfrik the ability to teleport anywhere on the map with his ship. Oh well. Can't have everything.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 277