Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509094 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2280 on: June 27, 2017, 02:09:09 am »

The AI improvement mods are basically mandatory for this game. Especially to fix the recruitments.

As is the AI will never recruit high end units and will build complete nonsense in their settlements.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: June 27, 2017, 03:44:23 am »

Unfortunately there seems to be a set limit for the amount of mods you can load. If you have too many mods loaded, the game just starts crashing. It has nothing to do with mod compatibility; just having too many makes the game unstable.

I guess some compilation mod would skirt around this issue.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: June 27, 2017, 09:19:29 am »

Ah yes. Concept art for the theoretical arcitecture of mythical giant rats.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: June 27, 2017, 11:22:22 am »

Just wait till you see Surtra Ek's Chariots of Doom - or Grimgor with ten rock lobbers.
Grimgor's very dead. And Surtha Ek's just odd right now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: June 27, 2017, 12:07:14 pm »

Just wait till you see Surtra Ek's Chariots of Doom - or Grimgor with ten rock lobbers.
If the rumours are true and Norsca is the next DLC race for the first game, I'll be very disappointed if Surtha Ek is not one of the LLs.

EDIT: CA posted this

EDIT 2: Derp, Mech#4 already posted it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 12:24:36 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: June 27, 2017, 12:15:37 pm »

If the rumours are true and Norsca is the next DLC race for the first game, I'll be very disappointed if Surtha Ek is not one of the LLs.

Surtha's already a Legendary Lord for Norsca. I tried to shank him yesterday with a Runesmith.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:00 pm »

Surtha's already a Legendary Lord for Norsca. I tried to shank him yesterday with a Runesmith.
I meant with items, quests, voice lines, faction bonuses and so on. Not just faction leader immortality that everyone has.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: June 27, 2017, 12:19:10 pm »

I meant with items, quests, voice lines, faction bonuses and so on. Not just faction leader immortality that everyone has.
Ahh. Okay.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: June 27, 2017, 12:33:26 pm »

I actually really like the character that is Surtha Ek. He just naturally evolved into the current state where he is meme-fied.

I like to think of a million different players getting so frustrated with this particular Norscan raider as he. keeps. coming. back. And every time he comes back he brings more and more chariots.

I know personally that's what happened to me. My first few campaigns I kept having to deal with this moron. I still fondly remember myself going, "wait a second... Surtha Ek? Didn't I kill this guy before?". "Surtha Ek.... you're here again...". "Oh fuck I need to kill all these Chaos before Surtha Ek shows up again!!!!!"

And then, to seal the entire deal, I had a Dwarf game where I was struggling against the Greenskins and VC. Desperately needed help. Then the goblins managed to get a Waagh up in Karak Kadrin and I was in serious shit. Then out of nowhere. Fucking of ALL PEOPLE. Surtha Motherfucking Ek shows up with his fullstack. He slaughters the Goblins. Then just leaves. Like. Where the fuck did he come from? Why did he come all the way to the mountains? Why did he come just to kill some frigging goblins?!

It was really, truly, beyond my comprehension.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: June 27, 2017, 01:14:02 pm »

One thing that made me chuckle is that the unlocker I am using (Crynsos), despite making absolutely no changes to S. Ek, still describes him in the faction selection screen as "Legendary Raider" and "Hit & Run Expert".

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: June 27, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »

where do Norsca general raid? The Nordland region? I'm playing as Marienburg (via mods) and I haven't seen them once--except perhaps when Nordland got ruined I suspect.

EDIT: Also, fuck those Bretonnian fucks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:10:32 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: June 27, 2017, 05:06:25 pm »

So, uh... I have an issue.

Specifically, Karak Ziflin.

I've exterminated every faction I've ever had a Grudge with, in proper Dwarf fashion, so only Brettonia, the Varg, the Empire, and the Skaelings are left.

But I have one grudge left.

The Halfling Pudding Grudge.

I need to perform a Hero Action on Karak Ziflin.

I own Karak Ziflin.

Every other condition? Done.

This last Grudge is all that stands against me and eternal victory.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: June 27, 2017, 05:19:54 pm »

Raid Karak Ziflin with your own troops. Create a rebellion. Let the rebels take the city. Perform action on it. Win.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: June 27, 2017, 05:21:14 pm »

...You can raid your own lands?

...That feels very un-Dawi.

Fuckit. Demolishing the Runic Gates there as well.

There a way to keep Brettonia from interfering? They've been loyal allies, don't wanna exterminate them.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 277