Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508792 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1725 on: February 14, 2017, 10:54:23 am »

The prize for Warhammer: Total War winning the "Make War not Love" event has been revealed and it is, in a pleasant suprise, Isabella von Carstein.

Isabella von Cartstein will be a Legendary Lord who, along with the Blood Chalice of Bathori (a healing item in the tabletop), will gain bonuses when in a battle alongside Vlad von Carstein.

In the thread, something was mentioned about being able to use some lords within a battle together.
Grace_CA: "Vlad can join her in battle and she'll gain buffs from it, just as currently Balthasar Gelt can show up on the battle field for Karl Franz. This is not a new mechanic. "

I am a bit confused on this. Is this just refering to reinforcing armies or does Balthasar Gelt do something different. I don't think he can join Karl Franz's army.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 14, 2017, 12:03:39 pm »

Only mechanic I can think of is reinforcing armies.

Still, even more reason to love the VCs, if they're getting one of the first female LLs. And they're at 5 total! (Though Kemmler is pretty forgettable, like most magelords)
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 14, 2017, 12:05:40 pm »

Only mechanic I can think of is reinforcing armies.

Still, even more reason to love the VCs, if they're getting one of the first female LLs. And they're at 5 total! (Though Kemmler is pretty forgettable, like most magelords)
Poor Kemmler can't catch a break. And it does seem that the Fay Enchantress won't be the first female LL. Huh. Too bad Isabella's not a Legendary Hero, though, would love to see a system like that.

I guess we'll see her as paid content later if this doesn't win.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 14, 2017, 01:45:11 pm »

Yeah, sounds like it's just for reinforcing? Kinda derpy but hey, free stuff.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: February 14, 2017, 09:53:12 pm »

Yes, reading further it does seem like it was refering to reinforcement.

Though they have no plans for it at the moment, this doesn't rule out the possibility of Creative Assembly adding Legendary Heroes later on. Some characters, like Deathmaster Snikch for the Skaven, to my mind wouldn't really work in a "leading-an-army" context, being all sneaky assassin type.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: February 15, 2017, 02:02:26 am »

Legendary heroes would be nice, wouldn't Isabelle be better as a hero vampire giving special boni to Vlad when attached to him instead of a leader? Giving more LL's to the faction with most to being with seems a bit strange. Especially when many original factions like Empire have shit lords (Gelt) that would need improvement. Or the way Chaos campaign sucks with Chaos boyz unable to raze and loot like the Bestmen do.

edit: I'll just leave that typo. Bestmen Horde sounds awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: February 15, 2017, 01:09:23 pm »

It was revealed earlier today that Vlad (and Isabella) will be leading a "new" faction (the banner will change, at least): Scwartzhaften.

link

Isabella herself will focus on buffing the hero vampires, as well as flying units and monsters.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: February 15, 2017, 02:26:58 pm »

It was revealed earlier today that Vlad (and Isabella) will be leading a "new" faction (the banner will change, at least): Scwartzhaften.

link

Isabella herself will focus on buffing the hero vampires, as well as flying units and monsters.

So she'll bring the hammer to match Vlad's vanguard infantry anvil.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: February 15, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »

Apparently, the new faction will be able to confederate with the main Vampire Counts faction, though not with Templehof. I don't think anything has been mentioned on confederating with Mousillon.

Isabella von Carstein also gives a unique building in Drakenhof that allows vampire heroes to be recruited at rank 1 settlement with 70% recruitment discount. It's called "Mausoleum on the Mad Count" which is most likely referring to Isabella's father but... Konrad?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: February 15, 2017, 09:26:23 pm »

Apparently, the new faction will be able to confederate with the main Vampire Counts faction, though not with Templehof. I don't think anything has been mentioned on confederating with Mousillon.

Isabella von Carstein also gives a unique building in Drakenhof that allows vampire heroes to be recruited at rank 1 settlement with 70% recruitment discount. It's called "Mausoleum on the Mad Count" which is most likely referring to Isabella's father but... Konrad?
It's a reference to her dad. He was called Count Otto von Drak, the Mad Count. (Not to be confused with Marius Leitdorf of Averland, the OTHER mad count, who is very much alive in-game).

Konrad was just an edgelord who got ragey because he was magic-impaired.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: February 15, 2017, 10:21:35 pm »

Konrad will be awesome as a lord though. No magic, just killy.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: February 17, 2017, 11:22:25 am »

If you were wondering what the prizes were for MLNW... here they are:

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/5uitoq/for_those_who_might_not_know_what_the_rewards_for/

This is from: https://www.pcgamesn.com/make-war-not-love-4-announced

16th February – SEGA vs Faction: Voters will decide which SEGA game the community manager from each faction will go head to head with a SEGA champion in. Winning the bout will earn the faction 50 points and Company of Heroes 2: Southern Fronts DLC, plus a mystery Mega Drive game.

17th February – Art Attack: For this challenge, each faction will create their own piece of MWNL inspired artwork to share on SEGA’s Facebook channel. Points go to the piece of art you, and we here at SEGA, like the most, along with Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 2: Retribution – Ultramarines faction pack, plus a mystery Mega Drive game.

18th February – Stream if you wanna go faster: The factions will run their own live-stream segments for their respective game, with views and community engagement determining where the points go this round. To the victor goes copies of Endless Legend: Echoes of Auriga, plus another mystery Mega Drive game.

19th February – SEGA Showdown: The final round will see the two highest scoring factions enter a duel, playing each other’s games live at the PC Gamer Weekender within the SEGA Zone at Kensington Olympia. The winner of the round will secure the last batch of points for their side, and the Blood Pack DLC for all relevant Total War titles (excl. Total War: WARHAMMER), plus a mystery Mega Drive game.

And the final one:

All of this will culminate in two armies going through to a head-to-head final in the SEGA zone at the PC Gamer weekender in London. The winner on the day will be crowned champion, unlocking some very special DLC for their faction.

Pretty frigging garbage.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: February 17, 2017, 12:33:53 pm »

I never bought a single blood pack so...
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1738 on: February 17, 2017, 12:35:18 pm »

Why did I get an email with a freebie key to some Company of Heroes DLC and a key for some old sega game? I didn't even enter this year.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: February 17, 2017, 03:18:44 pm »

If you were wondering what the prizes were for MLNW... here they are:
-snip-
Pretty frigging garbage.

That's offensively bad. They're giving DLC for random games (not the one you've actually voted for - they gave TW voters a CoH DLC) in the hopes that you'll pick up the others - just baiting at it's worst. Sure, it's all free, but it sort of seems so overtly money grabby that it's worse somehow.

I really hate myself for supporting Sega by buying TW - I hate their business model more than pretty much any other company. Yet I'm absolutely loving playing it - it makes me the ultimate hypocrite really, but I knew that the humble bundle was pretty much the cheapest it'd be for a year or two.

I've drawn the line at the DLC though - I'm just not buying it no matter what. If I can at least show them (in the tiniest, tiniest way) that the DLC model is fucking awful then I'm at least slightly redeeming myself.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 277