Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508902 times)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1605 on: November 30, 2016, 04:06:12 pm »

Nah, nothing to do with Elves. I'd personally rather have skaven or maybe even lizardmen. But all the game has is dwarves, greenskins, which aren't personally my thing. Vampire counts are awesome, chaos is pretty cool. Though mods unlocking factions do spruce up things A LOT.

But, despite each faction being unique (which is awesome), the game feels too limited with how few races there are. DLCs/mods/expansions of course improve and will improve that.

I did play over 400 hours though, so there is that. So it may just be because I got tired of what there was to play as. I never actually played with mods, since I prefer a vanilla experience. But I know if I did, I'd get the ones that unlocked and improved different factions since they add a lot of different guys you can play as. That improve things a lot.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: November 30, 2016, 05:35:00 pm »

Nah, nothing to do with Elves. I'd personally rather have skaven or maybe even lizardmen. But all the game has is dwarves, greenskins, which aren't personally my thing. Vampire counts are awesome, chaos is pretty cool. Though mods unlocking factions do spruce up things A LOT.
You need more WAAAGH! in your life.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: November 30, 2016, 05:39:59 pm »

There we go Andres. As we can see, you shouldn't buy this game.

I mean, it just gets so stale and boring after 400 hours of playing it without mods. It's not worth it really, especially since it's filled with stupid things like Dwarfs and Orcs. Who even wants those really.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: November 30, 2016, 08:56:16 pm »

There we go Andres. As we can see, you shouldn't buy this game.

I mean, it just gets so stale and boring after 400 hours of playing it without mods. It's not worth it really, especially since it's filled with stupid things like Dwarfs and Orcs. Who even wants those really.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I saw the spoiler :)

400 hours is pretty good for any game. So it WAS worth the money.

And actually, I completely forgot beastmen. That was an awesome addition to the game.

Really, I'm only ranting because when I play the warhammer mod for medieval 2, there are tons of factions and tons of land. So when I go back to warhammer, I'm left with a small selection. One day warhammer total war will have all that that is in the mod, and way more. I'm just really excited to see warhammer total war develop to be even better than the warhammer medieval 2 mod.

Having said that. 400 hours is totally worth it, and that isn't even with mods that add more time for games. And I'm gonna get all the unlockable faction mods and start playing again :) so yeah totally worth the money. Even gonna start up again. Just wish I could go into the future to get all the awesome stuff they plan to add :P

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: November 30, 2016, 09:40:54 pm »

For myself, this is a game/company matchup that I was hoping for for quite a while and with Warhammer Online closing and Age of Sigmar replacing Warhammer Fantasy it's one of a few games set in the Old World setting I like.
I will note that you do not need to buy the DLC to play against it. Every faction/unit that is added through DLC is available for the A.I. to use so when the Wood Elves are released you will be able to fight against them even if you do not own the DLC.

In other stuff: Another Twitch stream was done recently covering the Wood Elves main campaign. A continuation of the other one they did within the last week or so.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: November 30, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »

Yeah I wouldn't say elves are required to have fun at all.
However I would say that they definitely need to come out before the brettonian DLC, because otherwise Brettonia is so segregated from the rest of the map that they'll never have anything to fear all game.

Is another good reason to put in Skavenblight, too, at least as an NPC faction. NPC Orks only seem to invade as far as the border princes, so Tilea and Milaglino (until the arrival of the beastmen) were some of the most powerful races in the late game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 01, 2016, 01:28:26 pm »

My VH Beastmen campaign is nearing its end. But things in the Empire are getting weird. The Empire itself is limited solely to Reikland, having been pushed back from all the counties. Middenheim is mostly controlled by Kislev. Stirland belongs to the Vampires. Averland and Eastern Sylvania(!) belong to the Border Princes of all things. Dorfs also seem to have steamrolled the Greenskins. Never went into Bretonnia so I can't say what is going on there other than that the main faction was wiped out.

All I need to win now is to actually wipe out the Empire.

EDIT: Took a peek into Bretonnia. It's split between Couronne and Estalia.

EDIT 2: Finished the campaign. While checking out the achievement list, I noticed that wood elf DLC achievements are already in the list, for those interested.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 02:18:09 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 01, 2016, 06:59:30 pm »

Playing as the beastman one of the start locations is near Estalia, kida far from Reikland, but when I start a empire campaign they are are always in Reikland in the first 5 turns. I don't like how the game focus things on the player. I would prefer if things were more dynamic.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 01, 2016, 07:52:41 pm »

Playing as the beastman one of the start locations is near Estalia, kida far from Reikland, but when I start a empire campaign they are are always in Reikland in the first 5 turns. I don't like how the game focus things on the player. I would prefer if things were more dynamic.
I think it's because of Khazrak's diplomacy trait, Hates Empire or something along those lines. I suspect it makes him prioritize making a beeline for KF & Friends.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 01, 2016, 08:57:17 pm »

I think it's because of Khazrak's diplomacy trait, Hates Empire or something along those lines. I suspect it makes him prioritize making a beeline for KF & Friends.

Makes sense, but this beeline makes him easy prey to Empire players.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 01, 2016, 09:08:02 pm »

Yes, Khazrak in most of my games moves from Estalia, through Bretonnia to the mountain pass into Reikland, usually getting defeated around here and rendered rather ineffective or outright defeated completely. I kind of think beastmen should be able to create lords more easily as losing a battle sets them back so much.

A battle gameplay video for the Wood Elves has been uploaded showcasing a battle between the Wood Elves and the Empire on the defensive map for the Oak of Ages. It shows off the great eagle mount for the lord, great eagles on their own as well as the hawk riders and forest dragon. There's also the wardancers, wildwood rangers, treekin and wildriders.

I like the butterfly pattern on the forest dragon wings and the animation for the treekin are very nicely done as well. The map looks neat though, as a few people are mentioning on the official forums, not as heavily forested as you'd expect. I did think it would be more like the Beastmen forest path maps with gigantic trees all over rather than an open glade though those beastmen maps are rather taxing computer-wise.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 01, 2016, 09:14:17 pm »

Beastmen are like Savage Orcs though. They just keep randomly spawning all over the place after the main hordes have been defeated.

Kazagarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 01, 2016, 09:20:41 pm »

Yes, Khazrak in most of my games moves from Estalia, through Bretonnia to the mountain pass into Reikland, usually getting defeated around here and rendered rather ineffective or outright defeated completely. I kind of think beastmen should be able to create lords more easily as losing a battle sets them back so much.

A battle gameplay video for the Wood Elves has been uploaded showcasing a battle between the Wood Elves and the Empire on the defensive map for the Oak of Ages. It shows off the great eagle mount for the lord, great eagles on their own as well as the hawk riders and forest dragon. There's also the wardancers, wildwood rangers, treekin and wildriders.

I like the butterfly pattern on the forest dragon wings and the animation for the treekin are very nicely done as well. The map looks neat though, as a few people are mentioning on the official forums, not as heavily forested as you'd expect. I did think it would be more like the Beastmen forest path maps with gigantic trees all over rather than an open glade though those beastmen maps are rather taxing computer-wise.

Here is a direct youtube link too, for those who don't want to use vimeo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaB1RCNLoU

They look like a lot of fun! The units look great too, and love the tree ents. Those archers, having an army of those could really wreck things up (which IS what wood elves are known for anyway in warhammer)

Thanks for posting all the information on Warhammer Mech :) Really appreciate it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 02, 2016, 02:21:24 pm »

Grey Wizard and Jade Wizard FreeLC are now on steam (though can't be downloaded yet).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 02, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »

Jade Wizards seem... pretty crazy strong.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 277