Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509140 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1425 on: October 12, 2016, 09:50:17 am »

Oh wow, the lords from this pack actually start in different areas than default. That's nice.

EDIT: Okay, it's pretty clear from the steam page they put in a lot more detail into this one than Grim and Grave. Both starts are pretty cool, with Belegar starting in the Border Princes with four etheral (dwarf ghosts) heroes with him, at the cost of higher upkeep 'til he grabs the peaks, and Skarsnik way over in the Grey Mountains (between the Empire and Bretonnia), being the first Lord with two models (not counting mounts) and being stuck with goblins 'til he also grabs the peaks. I'm surprised Bugman's Rnagers are a regular unit and not a RoR, though.

I guess we'll also be getting Wurrzag as a FLC.

EDIT: Looks like the Great Green Prophet gets his own store page, despite being free. Like his buddies in the paid content, he has his own start. I guess this is going to be a pattern for most Lords now, with some exceptions.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 11:58:17 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: October 12, 2016, 12:46:55 pm »

Well that link to the Free lord doesn't appear to work, so maybe not.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: October 12, 2016, 12:48:02 pm »

Well that link to the Free lord doesn't appear to work, so maybe not.
I think they took the page down.

What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: October 12, 2016, 01:06:48 pm »

All the DLC characters are looking more and more powerful than the previous.

By next year we will probably have DLC Legendary Lord Gabriel Angelos, Chapter Master of the Blud Rahvens. He wields Godsplitter and has the ability described in the Codex Astartes as Steel Rain. He will have the ability to mount an Imperator Titan and starts off with the first company terminators retinue.

And then after that we will get all four Chaos gods themselves. Literally them. But they don't do anything. They just kinda sit around and plot and everyone just ascribes their regular behaviour to them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1429 on: October 12, 2016, 01:17:37 pm »

New DLC, you play as the God Emperor of Mankind and invade a primitive world fighting over dirt and scraps in order to bring them into the empire. Take the field as the Emperor or one of his Primarchs, lead the Space Marines on a campaign of conquest and destroy the evil elves Eldar!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: October 12, 2016, 01:31:19 pm »

Eventually, you'll be able to play as Nagash who starts with all other VC LLs as units in his army, and both him and them start already at maximum level.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1431 on: October 12, 2016, 01:49:23 pm »

Now that I think about it though, I'd love to see a 40k total conversion for this.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: October 12, 2016, 05:53:11 pm »

So, when this was on its way to market, the verdict was "won't be great on launch, wait until they patch it to be good". Is it good yet?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1433 on: October 12, 2016, 05:55:38 pm »

So, when this was on its way to market, the verdict was "won't be great on launch, wait until they patch it to be good". Is it good yet?
I think it's great. If you like Warhammer fantasy and total war you will like this

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: October 12, 2016, 06:07:27 pm »

Mods appear to have addressed the more crippling unbalanced/unfun mechanics in vanilla.

Now that I think about it though, I'd love to see a 40k total conversion for this.

I don't think it'd work. As someone who made the switch from Fantasy to 40k a long time ago....

40k doesn't operate in static battlelines and formations. Terrain only makes 40k games more fun and interesting; it tends to ruin Fantasy. In 40k figs can actually get into the terrain. In Fantasy you pretty much avoid getting into terrain unless it's 100% flat. Otherwise you spend 1/2 your turn trying to keep your figs in a line.

It's why I made the switch. 40k just isn't as starchy and cumbersome to play as Fantasy. It makes for way more exciting and interesting photos too.

At a basic level it'd work yeah, but I don't think it'd really deliver 40k game play so much as a believable 40k re-skinning.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: October 12, 2016, 09:22:25 pm »

The way they've done Skarsnik and Gobbla seems interesting for other characters that work similarly. Heinrich Kemmler might get an update with Krell, Thanqual and Boneripper, Gotrek and Felix and I think there's two wood elf heroes that work as a pair.
It could also work for Ogre Kingdoms hunters with their sabrecats and a few others that I'm forgetting.

Another thought is with the addition of different factions of races, we could see future packs that add some of the missing units to, say, the Beastmen (Harpies, Ghorgon and Jabberslythe) alongside a new legendary lord. Two packs you could buy, either lets you play as the Beastmen but one could have the focus on the previous units while the existing one has the Minotaurs as the unique units.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:08:24 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: October 13, 2016, 05:46:25 am »

Another thought is with the addition of different factions of races, we could see future packs that add some of the missing units to, say, the Beastmen (Harpies, Ghorgon and Jabberslythe) alongside a new legendary lord. Two packs you could buy, either lets you play as the Beastmen but one could have the focus on the previous units while the existing one has the Minotaurs as the unique units.
CA outright stated that they'll never do DLC for DLC. Mind you, that doesn't mean they won't add more stuff to DLC content, it's just that it will be free.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: October 13, 2016, 06:07:03 am »

Hooray. I'm glad that's the line they're choosing not to cross.

Although all the DLC for Fall of the samurai counts, right?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: October 13, 2016, 06:08:04 am »

It's what I was getting at. You don't need the prior DLC to make use of the new units. Though, it would mean it would have less value for people who already own the previous one.

I remember people on the official forum dicussing it a little while ago on where that quote came from. Apparently it was in relation to the "Age of Charlemange" pack for Atilla: Total War.
"    Darren_CA said:

The DLC may recieve free updates for a short time, but we have no plans to add more DLC that requires DLC already... that probably wouldn't go down well with the wider community!"

A bit more here in quotes and a link to an article on Warhammer: Total War.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: October 13, 2016, 08:26:38 am »

Fall of the Samurai wasn't exactly DLC though. It was more of of a stand-alone expansion, since you could own Fall of the Samurai without owning Shogun 2.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 277