Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509160 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1380 on: August 24, 2016, 05:25:58 pm »

I do love those Tzaangors.  :D My favorite race with one of my favorite gods.

I wouldn't say the Tomb Kings got squatted so much as everything did. The whole point of AoS was that it let GW do a hard reset and divvy things up differently than they had in WHFB. I am curious about what they'll do with the Undead since they killed off the VCs as well, but kept vampires among the hierarchy of Nagash's new realm. Assuming the End Times aesthetic they sued for their minis holds out I expect we'll see a lot of Gothic/Egyptian mash up stuff like the Morghasts and Nagash himself.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: August 24, 2016, 05:35:55 pm »

The current Death List needs some fleshing out of the new factions they splitup they badly need new lore (The Flesh Eater Courts are certainly an interesting take on the Strigoi though). I mean I get the gist, but you've got Deathlords (Nagash, Mortarchs, and the Morghasts), Soulblight (Vamps and co), Deathmages (Necromancers), Deathwalkers (Zombies), Deathrattle (Skellies!), Nighthaunts (Ghosts and Ethereal things). Which in theory sounds interesting but they badly, badly need something like a battletome to tie in some more stuff as they are the least fleshed out faction amongst the four.

There's a kingdom of undead that sounds very suspiciously Tomb Kings showing up recently in blurbs however.

http://s75.photobucket.com/user/tylerrox6688/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstlzap2lx.jpeg.html

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: August 24, 2016, 09:16:01 pm »

I didn't like the style of Age of Sigmar mostly because I don't think it has unit rank and file formations, rather with most units being in skirmish formation and spread out.

Anyway: A new video about the Grim and the Grave, outlining who exactly are Volkmar the Grim and Helman Ghorst. Also shows the ability pages for the two lords. I like the detail of the corpse cart with the twitcing arms and legs.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: August 24, 2016, 10:07:34 pm »

Oh, if you guys were wondering, Vlad and Ghorst's special abilities don't apply in multiplayer skirmish. So if you play MP Warhammer, then you won't have to worry about poison zombies or an entire army's vanguard deployment.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: August 24, 2016, 11:29:59 pm »

Zombies with poison sounds nasty. A tarpit unit that wears out the enemy faster along with the buffs from the corpse cart? I think a lot of the enjoyment from these unit packs will be the themed armies it makes feasable from the new options.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: August 24, 2016, 11:56:02 pm »

Zombies with poison sounds nasty. A tarpit unit that wears out the enemy faster along with the buffs from the corpse cart? I think a lot of the enjoyment from these unit packs will be the themed armies it makes feasable from the new options.
He actually gives ALL units under his command poison attacks. So not just zombies.  ;D

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: August 25, 2016, 12:31:28 am »

I wonder what unit would benefit the most from that. Fellbats would be nice to fly in and wear down more powerful units before battle, though I don't know how quickly the effects of poison are applied to a unit.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: August 25, 2016, 01:54:55 am »

I wonder what unit would benefit the most from that. Fellbats would be nice to fly in and wear down more powerful units before battle, though I don't know how quickly the effects of poison are applied to a unit.
Poison is instant.

Also it doesn't do damage. It inflicts severe temporary debuffs on its opponent.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1388 on: August 25, 2016, 01:17:55 pm »

Okay I admittedly haven't played much as the Vampire Counts but this cannot be normal...

I started a new campaign, rolled over the initial rival faction. Finished them off in a battle that mostly involved skeleton and zombie spam because its like turn 4 and nobody has advanced units yet.

Afterwards I see a little icon that says a great battle happened here and better stuff might be available for raise dead.

I click raise dead.

I now have some grave guard, a bunch of crypt horrors, and 2 units of black knights. I don't have the tech to make these, nor did the guy who died here. Is that a normal thing?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: August 25, 2016, 01:42:59 pm »

Yes. The more that died in battle the more units you get and the better the quality.

You generally don't really need to recruit troops normally as VC unless you're not fighting or want units with chevrons.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1390 on: August 25, 2016, 01:44:32 pm »

Yes. The more that died in battle the more units you get and the better the quality.

You generally don't really need to recruit troops normally as VC unless you're not fighting or want units with chevrons.
It.. just seems really odd that I don't need any of the buildings associated with these units. I'm getting high level shock cavalry and monsters without the investment in growth and resources normally needed. I'm not complaining but it still seems odd.

Also they're half price right now because of some event that cut all raise dead costs by 50% so woo

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: August 25, 2016, 01:49:53 pm »

It.. just seems really odd that I don't need any of the buildings associated with these units. I'm getting high level shock cavalry and monsters without the investment in growth and resources normally needed. I'm not complaining but it still seems odd.

Also they're half price right now because of some event that cut all raise dead costs by 50% so woo
The thing is that to reliably get these units via raise dead you will need to do big battles where a lot of units die, including your own. Not only that, but they get no chevrons, like umiman noted, and it's not always the ones you want or need. And you can only recruit them at that specific spot.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1392 on: August 25, 2016, 01:56:01 pm »

Yeah I understand that it's got some limitations but on the other hand I have 10 units of shock cavalry black knights that I cannot normally recruit and its only turn 20. Boy was the Empire not expecting that. I was reliably getting 2 per turn for a while, now its down to 1 per turn but I don't really need more.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: August 25, 2016, 02:15:31 pm »

It's somewhat intended to represent stuff like the various battles at Hel Fenn, where the VCs would reanimate the dead from the last battle to reinforce their numbers in the most recent one, and the general way dark magic coalesces around battle sites and graveyards.

Lotta bodies = lotta undead after all.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1394 on: August 25, 2016, 02:18:48 pm »

It's somewhat intended to represent stuff like the various battles at Hel Fenn, where the VCs would reanimate the dead from the last battle to reinforce their numbers in the most recent one, and the general way dark magic coalesces around battle sites and graveyards.

Lotta bodies = lotta undead after all.
Sure, but in this case it was two big start-of-game armies full of of skeletons and zombies that were obliterated and somehow from that corpse pile I've pulled black knights galore and crypt horrors, etc. It's all good, I just left one Lord at that location to constantly raise new units on the cheap. I don't even need to buy the production buildings, so I dedicated all of those slots to income buildings to fund my raising. I can outfit a new army in 3 turns. I wonder how long it will last.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 277