Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509224 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1335 on: August 19, 2016, 09:29:51 pm »

I tend to think that while dwarfs are tough, they not that much of a damage dealer. The longer a battle goes against dwarfs the more in their favour it turns. I like using 2 groups of 3 wolf riders to flank around with 1 lot of 3 the melee and the other 3 archers.

The wolves are nice and fast for getting to the artillary quickly as well. Also units of night goblins are great for vanguard sneaking.
unfortunately the AI isn't quite that smart. Their wolf riders ran director into masses thunderer fire and broke after a few volleys

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 19, 2016, 09:48:02 pm »

They mentioned something about a lord alongside this but it was "unfit to mention him" or something.
Taking a look at the FLC Roadmap, the background for the Legendary Lord shown there seems to be a VC city. In 8th edition, there are only 3 named lords, and it's Heinrich Kemmler, who we have, Mannfred, also have, and Vlad. Could be the man himself.

Or it could always be Krell.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: August 19, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »

Turns out it's Nagash
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 19, 2016, 09:55:35 pm »

Turns out it's Nagash
Nagash would be cool, but is too strong. Also there is no united undead army (or the other undead army for that matter (TKs are awesome)).
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 20, 2016, 03:14:29 pm »

My dwarf army gets caught in a forced march and it spends the entire battle tired. I catch an ork army in forced march and they start fresh. Is that a bug?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: August 20, 2016, 03:16:59 pm »

My dwarf army gets caught in a forced march and it spends the entire battle tired. I catch an ork army in forced march and they start fresh. Is that a bug?
The enemy AI general probably put points in that skill that reduces fatigue effects.

The AI just randomly assigns skills from what I've seen.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 20, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

I was wondering whether making it so you can't use forced march on the campaign map if an enemy army is nearby would help with chasing armies around. Repurposing of the rule on the tabletop where you can't march if enemies are too close by.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 20, 2016, 10:28:57 pm »

I was wondering whether making it so you can't use forced march on the campaign map if an enemy army is nearby would help with chasing armies around. Repurposing of the rule on the tabletop where you can't march if enemies are too close by.
There are mods to prevent the AI's cheating of forced march. Basically they can use it for free after actions.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: August 22, 2016, 08:46:00 am »

I took a try at reading it. May edit this later if I or someone else see it. Anyway, it's Vlad because of the last lines.

To the Gravelord,

I hope the carrion bird was successful in delivering you this message. Under normal circumstances I would have communed with you in via arcane means, but the risk of interception is higher than normal in the case. It seems the Witch Hunters - curse their lot - have learned a rite disrupt such spells. So, to keep our plans covert I have put blood to paper.

As you have predicted, he has given chase. My brothers and I will lead him a merry danse around the Old World if we have to. While his ire is drawn towards my mischief, your own plans will be unshackled. I hope this proves beyond doubt that I am your worthy servant and that the secret knowledge you promised impart will at last be mine.

I dare not say too much more in case the Witch Hunters, using more mundane methods, intercept this letter and this missive finds its way into their hands. Yet, I feel this last warning must be given - I know whispers that another who bears your name is abroad once again. If such rumours do no prove false, then we must prepare. It will be the ring that has brought him back - therein lies some of his power.

Your obedient servant,
[Maybe] Helman Ghorst

E: Some corrections based on attempts by others.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:05:44 am by Teneb »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:17 am »

Your obedient servant

That guy really gets around.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:12 am »

Wait, Vlad is gonna have the ring of git gud as his Lawd item?
'Cos if so, Hot Damn. Nerf Pls.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: August 22, 2016, 11:36:01 am »

Well so far I got to factions on my want list...

The Scaven and the Necros (Or... whatever the undead faction that lack Vampires is)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 22, 2016, 11:55:22 am »

The video for the DLC is out: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/4z1bu4/the_grave_and_the_grim_dlc_is_coming_1st_september/

It looks... really good! It's a bit funny that the two factions with the most diversity in units get all the units but hey, more is good.

----

This doesn't include the freeLC, but if Teneb's transcription is correct then it's either Vlad or Konrad.

Edit: Holy shit that Strigoi is riding a Terrorgheist. That's insane. If that doesn't end up being the strongest damn unit in the game, I don't know what to believe.

Edit: Hahaha, the Steam reviews for TW:W is mixed. I can totally see why, as the DLC is pretty frigging annoying.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:46 pm »

Dat hype. Seriously, though: Volkmar on his altar, flagellants, strigoi, corpse cart, KNIGHTS OF THE BLAZING SUN, mortis engine, free comapny, arch lectors. Ghorst is eh, but more stuff is always great.

EDIT: Looks like it's been taken down already.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 277