Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507478 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1050 on: June 17, 2016, 01:55:02 pm »

But if you never fight an offensive battle, their lord superiority isn't as important...
Uhh... how do you win exactly if you never attack?

But yeah, you'd definitely have to mod it. As it stands you can barely fill one army with heroes. Not to mention you'd have to make them way easier to get. The Empire for example can't even get anything but Captains in the early game. There's the one other wizard you can get from the quest battle but that might be interesting depending on your difficulty level.

Again, on normal you'd wipe them but on legendary you die in three hits. Hard and very hard lie somewhere in that spectrum.

You might also have to look into increasing the winds of magic because right now having more than 1 spellcaster just basically reduces your cooldowns, so to say. Especially before they have the thing that boosts the winds a tiny bit.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: June 17, 2016, 01:59:40 pm »

Autoresolve might do the trick, but that requires a couple of armies massing against any hard targets.

The main problem I see is that it takes a while to get access to heros for several factions. Having to rely solely on Lords for the first two dozen turns wouldn't really go all that well.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: June 17, 2016, 02:28:50 pm »

But if you never fight an offensive battle, their lord superiority isn't as important...
Uhh... how do you win exactly if you never attack?

But yeah, you'd definitely have to mod it. As it stands you can barely fill one army with heroes. Not to mention you'd have to make them way easier to get. The Empire for example can't even get anything but Captains in the early game. There's the one other wizard you can get from the quest battle but that might be interesting depending on your difficulty level.

Again, on normal you'd wipe them but on legendary you die in three hits. Hard and very hard lie somewhere in that spectrum.

You might also have to look into increasing the winds of magic because right now having more than 1 spellcaster just basically reduces your cooldowns, so to say. Especially before they have the thing that boosts the winds a tiny bit.
You'd win by confederating with or vassalizing other factions.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: June 17, 2016, 03:06:39 pm »

But you can't...

How can...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: June 17, 2016, 05:57:55 pm »

Win conditions require you to occupy, raze or sack afaik.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: June 20, 2016, 02:45:52 pm »

My favorite mod of all time for this game is the one that limits all heroes to 1 of a kind per faction. No longer do I have 6 heroes clumped around my cities, spamming assassinations and sabotage attempts. Discontent with the default number of agents seems to be a common complaint.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: June 20, 2016, 03:36:17 pm »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707526115

The mod makes every playable Legendary Lord (including Chaos, but I'll be making a version that keeps Chaos immortality for those that prefer that, it probably be version I use) to be mortal. Well sorta. I made their recovery time 1000 extra turns, which is pretty much way past an average game length of turns to begin with.

I find this will really change how the game is played. Imagine being Grimgor as Greenskins, he is your toughest unit. Decked out in Legendary Items, highly skilled. You go to battle, manage him badly, and down he goes for pretty much the entire rest of the game. That is quite a setback. Or if you are the one who defeated him, that would be quite a victory in the war against Greenskins.

Does this make the game easier/harder? Will AI break down the road (it shouldn't, AI can still more than easily recruit normal generals like they already do)? No idea. However it definitely will change how I personally use the Legendary Lords, and change how I do battles and expand my empire.

Hope you guys like it.
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: June 21, 2016, 04:03:50 am »

Here is the version I will personally use, keeps vampire lords and chaos as immortal, everyone else mortal. More lore friendly

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707804716

:)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: June 21, 2016, 04:20:22 am »

My favorite mod of all time for this game is the one that limits all heroes to 1 of a kind per faction. No longer do I have 6 heroes clumped around my cities, spamming assassinations and sabotage attempts. Discontent with the default number of agents seems to be a common complaint.
I thought it was 1 base +1 per appropriate tech building?
Is the AI under the same restrictions usually?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: June 21, 2016, 04:55:44 am »

I think it is one base but since you need the building to hire them in the first place it goes up to 2.

I would guess the A.I. is restricted in how many agents can hire and maybe in when it can get them (needing the building) but I'm going to guess the A.I. heroes get more experience so they level up faster.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: June 21, 2016, 05:46:13 am »

Eh. I know a few races have different buildings for hiring and unlocking.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: June 21, 2016, 09:22:53 am »

In my Legendary Vampire Counts campaign things have gotten a little weird.

The Empire is dead, slain by my hand. The remaining Empire provinces have all pledged their allegiance to the von Carsteins in recognition of their actions against the Norscans and the forces of Chaos.

This has also drawn the attention of Grimgor Ironhide, who approached me with ever greater offers of alliance, which I graciously accepted. One of my Lords has traveled south to assist the Greenskins in eliminating the Dwarfs. With any luck once they are dead the Greenskins will send an army or two to help me fend off Chaos.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: June 27, 2016, 02:10:20 am »

Someone found out why vortexes suck so hard.

Tldr: Vortexes actually deal more damage to heavy units that light ones. Why? We're not quite sure, but it probably has something to do with the flinging and knockback that vortexes tend to do. The two prevailing theories are as follows:
1. The vortexes knock lighter models out of their area of effect before they take much damage. Heavier ones aren't blasted away so easily, so they stick around to take damage for longer.
2. Models are invulnerable while they are being flung. Since heavier models resist getting flung for longer than lighter ones, they stick around to take damage for longer.

This is probably why Burning Head seems much better than many other vortex spells- it has lower-than-average knockback values.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: June 27, 2016, 12:05:18 pm »

Interesting.

I'd like to collaborate but I've been using so many mods that I don't even know what the vanilla values are any more.

The only Vortex spells I like using are Winds of Death and Pillar of Flame incidentally. Winds of Death is hilarious in that since it travels in a straight line (and bounces), all you have to do is move your caster to the edge of the inevitable line both your armies are fighting in, then blast the ENTIRE enemy line with it. They will all instantly rout. I also really like the Lore of Heaven's Push spell for the same reason.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: June 27, 2016, 04:24:21 pm »

Speaking of mods, apparently someone went and made a playable Tilea, Estalia, and Border Princes mod with custom units. I feel like they should've been reduced to a single start province like the others, though.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 277