Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507160 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #660 on: May 23, 2016, 07:58:49 pm »

A few people are complaining about not having Vlad..
If I'm remembering right, this game is based loosely on the timeline in which Franz consolidated the empire?

Yeah, Vlad's been dead for a while and won't really come back till the End Times.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 23, 2016, 09:53:17 pm »

Warhammer's timeline has always felt rather optional to me. There's nothing in the tabletop rules preventing a match up between Vlad and Karl Franz since, like Warhammer 40,000, it encourages you to come up with your own stories and reasons for things happening. Like how any faction can fight against any other, you make the reasons up yourself.
I think it would be a bigger disappointment not to include heroes because of timeline issues than include them and have anachronistic match ups.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 23, 2016, 10:25:05 pm »

Let it be noted that there's no concept of time in the game too. You can play for unlimited turns and no one ages.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 23, 2016, 11:02:52 pm »

Eh, the only character in 40k who is 'dead' is Eldrad, and they retconned that because people complained. All of their named characters are very current. You cannot play Commisar Greiss or Solar Macharias, and they've now released 30k as a differently balanced game altogether so the more powerful characters from the earlier timeline don't interfere with the weaker ones of the latter.

... Bad derail. Sorry.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:04:31 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 23, 2016, 11:08:01 pm »

Eh, I wouldn't consider it a derail, as it's about the practices of a company this game is dealing with. I mean, I guess it's a bad derail in the sense that it's bad at being a derail, in my opinion.

Anyways, I forgot what today's date was and so I was at work thinking about how great it's going to be to play TW:WH when I get home. I got home and saw that I was a whole day off. Now I have to suffer through the same feelings again tomorrow.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 23, 2016, 11:10:27 pm »

Single and only benefit to being an Australian gamer: Rolling Releases
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 23, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »

I think TW:W isn't rolling, though. Steam's just got the wrong time on it, it's releasing at 8AM BST (British Summer Time, GMT+1), according to the devs on the official stream.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 23, 2016, 11:43:57 pm »

Single and only benefit to being an Australian gamer: Rolling Releases
It's not rolling mate. Global release time. Specifically 2 hours and 20 minutes.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 24, 2016, 12:49:54 am »

Mine's 10 hours away.
I guess Steam has the last word.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:51:55 am by Tack »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 24, 2016, 12:57:22 am »

Mine's 10 hours away.
I guess Steam has the last word.
Feel free to express your joy in 1 hour.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 24, 2016, 01:10:16 am »

Eh, the only character in 40k who is 'dead' is Eldrad, and they retconned that because people complained. All of their named characters are very current. You cannot play Commisar Greiss or Solar Macharias, and they've now released 30k as a differently balanced game altogether so the more powerful characters from the earlier timeline don't interfere with the weaker ones of the latter.

... Bad derail. Sorry.

Actually... They just recently killed off Aun'Va, and part of the Eight of Farsight, and Canis Wolfborn. It seems they are letting named Special Characters die at will now for 40k even.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 24, 2016, 01:17:18 am »

Ugh, why did I bother getting this game? I know it won't be any good and will be buggy on release and the entire reason I got it is for "Multiplayer" that won't be available in a worthwhile fashion.

I should just refund on the spot.

There is nothing of value in this game for me... It is Empire Total War all over again... When Medieval Total War was my favorite (and to this date... still the "best" experience I had with the series... Well Medieval 2 total war)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:21:12 am by Neonivek »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 24, 2016, 01:24:15 am »

Actually... They just recently killed off Aun'Va, and part of the Eight of Farsight, and Canis Wolfborn. It seems they are letting named Special Characters die at will now for 40k even.
And Corvin Severax, too.
Question- How many of those actually had profiles/models?

There is nothing of value in this game for me... It is Empire Total War all over again... When Medieval Total War was my favorite (and to this date... still the "best" experience I had with the series... Well Medieval 2 total war)
That's nice. The preorder special deal seems to have been extended into the time past the release date, so you literally could just watch someone play and see whether or not it is trash before re-buying it.

I, personally, have rather high hopes for it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 24, 2016, 01:30:56 am »

It is the whole Hero and Lord system that makes me dislike it.

Since it is just the Empire Total War system again.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 24, 2016, 01:41:25 am »

To play a Warhammer-based game Without heroes would raise a far greater outcry, you realize?
Maybe they've learned their mistake since then. Then again, Sega Assembly isn't my favourite pairing so far.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 277