Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507573 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #345 on: February 10, 2016, 09:56:44 pm »

A bit more information has been delivered recently, this time focusing on minor factions as well as a map of faction locations.

Interesting things to note is that apparently factions like Savage Orcs will be roaming bands rather than minor factions with provinces. Also, Vampire Counts have control of Mousillon in Bretonnia and the map includes Kislev, Estalia and Tilia.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2016, 11:50:36 am »

Savage Orcs
Is that anything like Wet Water?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2016, 12:02:12 pm »

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 11, 2016, 12:04:49 pm »

The wettest water. Imagine if water could drench your entire body from one drop.

Savage orcs are orcs which forgo any kind of technology, even the limit types that orcs usually use. No metal armour or weapons, no catapults or bows. They're weapons are made from sharpened rocks tied to sticks and instead of armour they wear feathers and woad-like warpaint which, because of orc belief, actually acts as protection like armour.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2016, 06:42:11 am »

Kind of. But with lots of alcohol and fungus and rage and boar dung in the water as well. Mmmm, tasty
It's a game. Have fun.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2016, 06:46:09 am »

They eat other funguses? How depraved!
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2016, 08:00:34 am »

The reason they don't want any mods is likely because they don't want people making mods of future DLC they are making since... of course... this is another nickel and dime property where they charge you for every little thing.

I mean... Chaos is going to be Day 1 DLC (ohh sorry I mean pre-order bonus) and they are a major faction of the Warhammer universe.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2016, 08:16:53 am »

I used to be a Creative fanboi, but their DLC schemes have burned me out. Now they've teamed with the worst moneygrubbers in the tabletop universe so... ehhhh. Although the game mechanics seem interesting, I'm really considering not buying this.

It is time for competitors in the genre. Maybe we could bribe CD Project Red into doing a Total Warish game in the Witcher universe.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2016, 08:30:05 am »

The reason they don't want any mods is likely because they don't want people making mods of future DLC they are making since... of course... this is another nickel and dime property where they charge you for every little thing.

I mean... Chaos is going to be Day 1 DLC (ohh sorry I mean pre-order bonus) and they are a major faction of the Warhammer universe.

Or because GW doesn't allow any game series featuring their IP to be modded, considering that Total War Attilla has a modding kit...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 12, 2016, 08:36:39 am »

I'm sure there will still be mods for the game, just that work-arounds will have to be made.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 12, 2016, 08:40:44 am »

Or because GW doesn't allow any game series featuring their IP to be modded, considering that Total War Attilla has a modding kit...
I think this is it, yeah. While there are mods for other warhammer games, I've yet to see any get actual mod support. Meanwhile, CA has done some support for mods for their titles (how much depends on the title). Not that any of this will stop more determined modders, like Mech#4 mentioned.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 12, 2016, 09:54:34 am »

Yeah, Dawn of War 1 got no mod support at all, and Ultimate Apocalypse is totally a figment of your imagination (not one of the reasons why DoW1 is *still* selling pretty well on steam sales, considering the market glut of titles).

A GW license doesn't mean no mod support, it's just the reverse of the early grass-roots of the GW TT systems (make up whatever you want if it seems like it'll be fun, we'll provide examples).

Then it changed to "We'll crappily codify and systemize the hell out of it. But we expect you to tweak it properly, because there's some really broken shit in there" for late 6th/7th/8th WHFB and computer releases around that time (including DoW1 and expansions for WH40k).

There's now a third type of GW game, in the computer age of licenses/games. Now balance, play-types and gameplay comes first (because it has to in new PC releases these days, or heresy!), and modding gets tacked on if it's a success. Or at least, we can hope.

Step 1: Make successful, profitable and "fun to play" game.
Step 2: (?) (or add modding support)
Step 3: Profit! For years and years to come.

We don't even have step one yet for Warhammer TW, but it'll be there eventually. I hope it lasts longer, and is done better than DoW1 was. Because that'd be awesome.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:15:34 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 12, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »

Yeah, Dawn of War 1 got no mod support at all, and Ultimate Apocalypse is totally a figment of your imagination (not one of the reasons why DoW1 is *still* selling pretty well on steam sales, considering the market glut of titles).

It didn't get any mod support, it was handcrafted through an outside system and people had to create their own tools to mod the system itself, Relic provided no actual modding tools.

People may have modded it, that doesn't mean it had any support from the actual company to do so.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 12, 2016, 02:38:14 pm »

Mods finds a way.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 277