Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507184 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #900 on: June 01, 2016, 09:22:31 am »

I'd offer myself, but I'm both not a streamer and have finished near 4/5 of the Very Hard campaigns, with Empire gonna be a co-op (which is more boring than usual imo).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 01, 2016, 10:05:35 am »

In my VCs game the three superpowers have between us destroyed every faction but each other and 1 little dwarf faction that occupied a single settlement just south of the Empire. I occupy all the land south and east of Altdorf, everything north of Sylvania, Tilea and Estalia and the Border Princes. The Dwarves occupy everything from Karaz-A-Karak and southwards, everything they used to hold north of that has been razed. The Empire spans from Altdorf through Bretonnia.

Through exorbitant bribery I ruined the relationship between the Empire and the Dwarves. By befriending the Empire with large sums of money I made them start getting relationship penalties with the Dwarves for attacking me. After a little while I had treaties with the Empire and called them into a war against the Dwarves, and the Empire then called in the little Dwarf faction as well, who I have also since befriended.

I have successfully made the Dwarves into the new Warriors of Chaos faction. They are now the enemy of all, living and dead.  :D
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 01, 2016, 10:31:18 am »

I have successfully made the Dwarves into the new Warriors of Chaos faction. They are now the enemy of all, living and dead.  :D

Except that the Dwarves will probably pay the Empire to peace out relatively fast, given their absurd economy.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 01, 2016, 10:45:01 am »

Except that the Dwarves will probably pay the Empire to peace out relatively fast, given their absurd economy.

They haven't so far. Their hatred for one another is mutual now. The Empire hates the Dwarves for attacking me, and the Dwarves hate the Empire for working with me and defending me from them. Provided I stay friendly with the Empire and stay at war with the Dwarves I think I can keep them from ever becoming friends again.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 01, 2016, 11:39:45 am »

They'll buy peace when it starts looking ugly.  I've burned down half the human world and Karl Franz still thinks he can buy peace with orcs.
Shoes...

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 01, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

They'll buy peace when it starts looking ugly.  I've burned down half the human world and Karl Franz still thinks he can buy peace with orcs.

That won't fix their relationship modifiers though. They'll just start fighting again after a while. If not I can just ask/pay the Empire to join the war again.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 01, 2016, 04:52:13 pm »

Nah, all AI factions are perfectly happy buying peace with the player, but acceptance on the AI's side is always due to strength.
As long as GP makes sure that the dwarves are weak, the empire should never go for it - Unless the empire dissolves treaties with the Undead due to aversion and great power penalty whatchemerjigger.

That being said, razing all of those dwarfholds is going to be bloody time intensive, and the only faction left to inhabit them will be the Empire's pocket dwarves- a faction which could prove to be troublesome if you let the war drag on too long.

In me-land, I'm doing a 3v4 full-stacks battle against a chaos army.
The odds are 45%-55% so autoresolving gives me a valiant defeat.

Which means I have to play it. My computer can handle it but I sure as hell can't. I ain't that good.
And sitting the red corner doesn't exactly sit right with me.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 01, 2016, 05:18:43 pm »

That being said, razing all of those dwarfholds is going to be bloody time intensive, and the only faction left to inhabit them will be the Empire's pocket dwarves- a faction which could prove to be troublesome if you let the war drag on too long.

I plan to turn them against the Empire once the main Dwarves are dealt with. They already like me more than the Empire.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 01, 2016, 06:20:52 pm »

Man, that's straight-up duplicitous. I like it.

In me-land, I'm doing a 3v4 full-stacks battle against a chaos army.
Autoresolving gives me a valiant defeat.

Played it through about four times, didn't get any better than a valiant defeat.
Decided the autoresolve valiant was better than my valiant.

Played the followup battle personally because their heroes and giants were on a sliver of health as per usual (thanks autoresolve!), so I just took them out before shattering completely under the concentrated fire of eight hellcannons.

The turn ended there, Thorgrim's army, the only one which didn't get followed up on managed to lightning strike the remaining two armies and polish them off, and suddenly short campaign victory.

Yaaay. Legendary dwarf game. Someone give me a big ribbon of condescension and cheese.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 06:27:02 pm by Tack »

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 01, 2016, 06:42:57 pm »

I decided to dip my toes into the Chaos game with Archaon today, and wow is it annoying not having access to good sniping magic at the start. Lore of Fire mostly seems to do stuff that I don't generally use magic for, like killing infantry and cavalry. Hopefully I can get a hero with the Lore of Death, because I get the feeling I'll need it for fighting Dwarves later on.

EDIT: I am making good progress in my war to end the Dwarves. Two Vampire Lords snuck into the southern Badlands by sea and burned a dozen settlements to the ground before being defeated. Heinrich Kemmler and a lesser Necromancer Lord have lain siege to a fortress containing the King of the Dwarves, Thorgrim, preventing him from harrying my forces elsewhere. Mannfred von Carstein and a Vampire Lord have swept through the lands near the Border Princes, razing all they encounter. In all the Dwarves have lost a score of their settlements, and all will burn before I deign to grant them peace.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:52:43 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:13 am »

Okay, ramping the game up to very hard while having Radious enabled was NOT a good idea.

Radious buffed economy and cheats on Very hard and above add up to crazy amounts of stack right from the get go. I had a total of 7 Dwarven stacks running around the Badlands on turn 6. I mean, holy cowbell.

Also, Autoresolve just seems worse and worse the more I play. iants are an outright liability. I've had Auto Resolves on Battles which the game TOLD me were 80% in my favor. And it jsut kills my Giant and nothing else if I auto. Arachnaroks dont outright die, but the game loves putting them at 20% hp after EVERY DAMN auto. Did NOONE test this before release? You'd think the game murdering Lords and Monsters willy nilly would be looked at.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 02, 2016, 10:31:19 am »

I think it was mentioned before here by someone else: the autoresolve seems to favour the player when it comes to victory... except it also loves to murder units with few (or a single) characters.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 02, 2016, 10:38:43 am »

Not just smaller size units, but lightly armored seem to do much, much worse.

I started a new dwarf campaign on very hard, starting with the Slayer King hero. I also get a unit of Slayers, which have 0 armor. Normal Dwarf Warriors have 80 armor. Their unit sizes are actually similar; Slayers are 80/unit with 80 health each, and Dwarf Warriors are 100/unit with 55 health each.

Yet in autoresolve, Slayers are totally decimated, while Dwarf Warriors take much lower casualties. Despite the fact that their unit sizes are relatively similar, and Slayers actually have more overall HP. And this is in totally trivial fights, like undefended orc outposts.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 10:40:50 am by ZeroGravitas »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 02, 2016, 11:15:06 am »

I'm betting it randomly has the units make attacks on each other and resolves them until one side's out of leadership or wiped out.  That would also explain why solo units get killed, having entire regiments hitting them at once.
Shoes...

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 02, 2016, 11:33:48 am »

It could be a lot of things.

I would love if there was an exclusion tag. Or if it just spread hp damage evenly. Right now, stuff like Slayers, Giants or Arachnaroks require you to manual even the smalles fights. And it just get's on your nerves after a while.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 277