Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507187 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer!
« Reply #630 on: May 18, 2016, 04:28:54 am »

Wall towers in Warhammer are more powerful than in previous games. I remember in a siege of an empire city with Vampire Counts (I think it was in the Twitch Vampire Counts campaign play through), one of two siege towers was destroyed by the time it got about half way to the walls from the tower fire. The second one was on something like 60 to 80% when it reached the walls.
I think this is a necessary change concerning Warhammer. Vampire Counts in particular have no ranged units so the towers have to pick up that slack if you don't want to sally out.

All infantry are also able to scale walls using ladders that they deploy when right clicking on the walls. However, using the ladders gives a debuff to stats when they fight on top of the walls so it's preferable to spend the time to build the siege towers before hand.

I'd imagine using skirmish cavalry would be useful to harass enemy siege weapons. Outriders with grenade launchers in particular, as well as bombing runs by gyrocopters, not to mention magic spells cast from a mage on a Pegasus.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 18, 2016, 05:33:52 am »

not to mention magic spells cast from a mage on a Pegasus.
Bright wizards will probably be pretty good as anti-siege.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:59 pm »

Double post, I guess, but it's been about... 7 hours since then? Chaos Dragon OP, please nerf. I wonder how expensive this unit will even be.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2016, 02:47:40 pm »

Double post, I guess, but it's been about... 7 hours since then? Chaos Dragon OP, please nerf. I wonder how expensive this unit will even be.
Well then...

At least Galrauch isn't showing up. =|

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 18, 2016, 10:44:15 pm »

I wonder how expensive this unit will even be.

Looks like it's a mount. Maybe even a legendary lord only mount? So, probably cheap but rare?

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 19, 2016, 02:38:26 am »

While I kinda liked the duel thing in shogun 2, removing it means i might be able to play this thing on my laptop! So that's good (since the other game I wanted to play, battlefleet gothic armada, probably can't run).

Just as an aside, you'll definitely be able to play Battlefleet gothic if you can play this. I think they made the recommended specs wayyyy too high - I'm playing it on high on a pretty old laptop (lenovo Z50), and I know a friend is playing it on low on an ancient one. You can pretty much lower the graphics to the point of two rectangles bashing at each other if you need to.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 19, 2016, 11:41:47 am »

So, Mr. Harvey Birdman has showed up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, reviews are out.

40 steam tanks vs goblins.

-----------

Edit: A hundred teef says that the "herald" aka the tutorial guy that introduces every faction is the Lord of Change from the intro.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 19, 2016, 01:23:02 pm »

I wonder how the Lord of Change will appear. He's not in the WoC roster, so...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 21, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »

There is an odd trend with games calling unfinished content that didn't get into the game because they rushed the release as "free DLC"

As if it is a gift or present.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 21, 2016, 10:03:44 pm »

I wonder how the Lord of Change will appear. He's not in the WoC roster, so...
He'll probably show up as an end game thing like Realm Divide or Civil War.

---------

In anticipation of this game, I've gone on a pretty crazy binge of Fall of the Samurai. I got all the historical battle achievements. Completed the Imperial grand campaign on legendary (With mods. I can't handle it without as the AI cheatspams stacks of Armstrong guns on vanilla. I'm not pro enough to deal with that shit.). Almost finished a run of an independent nation.

I think next is Napoleon? It's the only other good one that has guns in it. I guess Medieval 2 has guns too but I'm a bit too lazy to deal with Stainless Steel right now.

I think it'll be kinda funny when I get into Warhammer and the units don't die in one hit from a gun.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 22, 2016, 04:33:04 am »

So the dueling is out but are sync-kills still in?  There were still sync-kills in Medieval 2 even if it didn't have all the dudes pair up and swordfight (which to be honest I don't think is all that realistic even for samurai.  Way of the horse and bow, not way of the katana, and all)

Plus I guess the sheer variety of the factions, rather than having green romans vs blue romans vs red romans, makes up for it but 5 seems a little spare for Total War.  I can't be Tomb Kings or Skaven or Daos Chorfs.
Shoes...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 22, 2016, 06:52:37 am »

dw-

theres a w sound in there
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 22, 2016, 12:40:32 pm »

So the dueling is out but are sync-kills still in?  There were still sync-kills in Medieval 2 even if it didn't have all the dudes pair up and swordfight (which to be honest I don't think is all that realistic even for samurai.  Way of the horse and bow, not way of the katana, and all)

Plus I guess the sheer variety of the factions, rather than having green romans vs blue romans vs red romans, makes up for it but 5 seems a little spare for Total War.  I can't be Tomb Kings or Skaven or Daos Chorfs.
Yeah, there still are sync kills especially for monstrous units.

And yeah, if you think about it, Rome 2 was:

1. Romans
2. Greeks
3. Desert people
4. Barbarians
5. Horse Archers

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 22, 2016, 01:28:52 pm »

It was 4 to start, the 5th is day one preorder DLC, and the 6th is already planned (but not revealed)...Obviously they are going for the DLC angle with races and many other things...if it seems bare it is on purpose...but give it time and it will be full as it should be.

Obviously there are a few missing races that should not be missing....Tomb Kings, Skaven, Beastmen, and Elves (high and dark)

To be fair I will give them credit for starting out with a lot of free DLC...which is a nice and respectable change from simply raping us from day one of more money for things that should already be in the game...I think paying for a game then having to pay for any content within a month or two of its release its just plain poor form.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:34:01 pm by dennislp3 »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 277