Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 507372 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!
« Reply #4050 on: July 15, 2022, 02:06:51 pm »

Honestly, I'd be cool with them just getting a variation of the beastmen rework, that one made the horde gameplay quite fun while also dealing with the problem of having to clear out stuff that got recolonized constantly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: July 16, 2022, 02:22:54 am »

TBF since with tww3 you can gift settlements, shouldnt it... ah no doesn't work duh... I guess at least it could be modded in now? Anyway they should be able to build up vassals, wouldnt that solve most of it?
let

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: July 23, 2022, 03:49:51 am »

A few blog posts have been released detailing upcoming content.

Total War: WARHAMMER III – Introducing the Champions of Chaos
Going over the details of the upcoming Champions of Chaos DLC pack it explains the faction abilities of Azazel, though not the other 3 chaos lords coming yet, as well as the new units, campaign mechanics and regiments of renown.

One of the big things here is how Warriors of Chaos units can be upgraded. Starting from a base unit of Norscan Marauders you can dedicate them to a Chaos God or leave them Undivided, ungrading them to Chaos Warriors, then to Chosen or Chaos Knights as well as Aspiring Champions in some cases, then through to Chaos Spawns.
Heroes can also be dedicated to a single god, gaining access to new skills and abilities, such as a Chaos Sorcerer hero being dedicated to Slaanesh and choosing between the Lore of Slaanesh or Shadows, resetting their skill points and changing their appearance.

Total War: WARHAMMER III – Immortal Empires Race Updates

This blog post covers some of the most significant changes being made to existing factions in the Immortal Empires update. Including the Vampire Counts, Lizardmen, Dark Elves and Norsca.

Key for Vampire Counts is no more free skeletons research, but an increase in LD for all of their units as well as stat buffs for Etheral units and being able to recruit Mournguls if you own the Vampire Coast DLC. Raise Dead also provides better units earlier and seems to scale off of Vampire Count Corruption. Recruitment buildings have been reshuffled, tech tree gone over as well as skill trees and Bloodline effects.

For Lizardmen, Primal Instincts on Saurus now provides larger bonuses early as well as not having Rampage any more. Gor'rok has had his Unbreakable rite changed to providing a barrier to Saurus units and immunity to effects like poison.
Slann also gain barriers and changes to their magic trees. Nakai has some changes to help his economy and from constructing his Temples to the Old Ones, as well as benefiting from overall improvements to how vassals work.

Dark Elves have had how their Slavery mechanic works changed. Slaves now being a faction level resource that you spend at certain buildings to generate income or "invest in three powerful 'slave Diktats' to benefit a specific province".

Norsca can now colonise anywhere, not just coastal regions and faction capitals. Their devotion to the Gods mechanics have changed as well, with the Hound and Crow no longer providing the RoR "The Ice-Forged Legion" Hellcannon unit and the global plague. Instead they provide access to and Exalted Hero of Khorne and an Exalted Great Unclean One respectively.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: July 23, 2022, 02:30:36 pm »

Key for Vampire Counts is no more free skeletons research
:(

They're right that it made a lot of the roster obsolete, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: July 25, 2022, 11:19:54 pm »

I'm pretty hyped for the big sandbox/campaign map. I've gotten like 100 hours out of warhammer 3 so far, which is a huge amount really. But I'll get a TON more out of sandbox, and its sounding/looking like it may be really good.

As for free skeletons, I'll miss that :( But hopefully the rest of the roster is a lot better. I remember in warhammer 2, the vampire roster was getting a bit outdated really toward the end, had to get mods to modernize the roster and it was hard to figure out which OP godlike unit mods to avoid lol. Or I guess could have taken the approach of starsector, nothings OP if EVERYTHING is OP :P But thats just in regards to mods...either way even the base game, the newer DLC rosters were so much better than the old outdated rosters of warhammer 2. At least thats what it felt like to me.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: July 25, 2022, 11:49:01 pm »

I wonder if Wind of Death is going to get a nerf or not. They've clearly changed some spells. And I feel like WoD was another big leg of the table in the VC effectiveness.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: August 22, 2022, 02:33:08 pm »

let

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: August 22, 2022, 03:23:29 pm »

So apparently confederations may be kind of busted.

LotW was saying that Chaos factions can't confederate each other, only vassalize. I don't know if that's true for the other factions but if so, that's a pretty big derp for release. Confederating the other LL for your faction is like half the reason to play anything more than a short game. Hoping that's addressed by release, or shortly thereafter.

And for the factions that can confederate, confederations are way, way harder and more tedious than in game 2.

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/wnbe4m/warhammer_3_confederations_are_borked_this_is/

Also....with Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen and Norsca now completely reworked, I put the question to you......

What is the worst faction/LL in Total Warhammer 3 now? Guessing probably the Lizardmen with Nakai the Wanderer.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 06:01:04 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: August 22, 2022, 09:17:57 pm »

There are some lizardmen changes in the patch, if I recall, including making Nakai's subsidiary system not terribly busted, though the geomantic web is not getting any changes (they acknowledge it could really use some, just didn't have the time this patch).

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: August 23, 2022, 02:00:34 am »

Hmm... maybe dorfs? They have the lack of magic of khorne but without the fast manevourability, they just lost their resistance to magical weapon attacks, and all their shielded units have bronze shields despite their shields being, like, the same size as the dorf.

I suspect most demons will dumpster them, especially slaneesh with their massive AP values, and the dorfs don't really have any magic damage outside of Runelords to deal with the demon physical resist.

They just don't really have a big toolkit.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: August 23, 2022, 03:06:24 am »

Ironically.
Love, scriver~

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: August 23, 2022, 09:36:27 am »

Patch notes.

Dwarfs were barely touched in the update here, and considering that outside the latest DLC guy (who was a bit OP) they weren't exactly great then, I'm thinking you might be right.

Slann get a Tzeentchy barrier now, which is neat, but more importantly no more rampage for lizardmen units.

War wagons got a buff on paper and reportedly also fixed an apparently longstanding glitch that lowered their damage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: August 23, 2022, 01:00:02 pm »

I'm guessing the Dwarfs are gonna get a big rework once the Chaos Dwarf expansion hits, possibly next year.

Also I don't think being unable to confederate as the new Chaos champions is necessarily bugged either. They're wildly different and it doesn't make sense that a Khornate warband takes charge of a Slaneeshi one. Might make sense for someone like Archaon to be able to smash together warring factions like that but not so much for the others I'd say.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: August 23, 2022, 01:08:21 pm »

And I think that's the rub. Archaon I believe can't confederate any Chaos Daemons or Champions of Chaos. Only vassalize.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:19:05 pm by nenjin »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: August 23, 2022, 02:04:09 pm »

Played a bit of Immortal Empires today with Kholek and had a pretty good time bulldozing through ogres and Cathay. Dragons ogres are a pretty good counter to both dragons and ogres.

Some of the "Short Campaign" victory conditions took incredibly long in WH2, but Kholek's first victory could probably be achieved in 50 turns or so.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 277