Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508259 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3465 on: November 23, 2018, 09:57:38 am »

If you confederate a faction, do you get to recruit LL's they haven't recruited yet? Or do you have to wait till they've recruited all of them for maximum awesomeness?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: November 23, 2018, 10:09:33 am »

If you confederate a faction, do you get to recruit LL's they haven't recruited yet?
Nope
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: November 23, 2018, 10:36:02 am »

If you confederate a faction, do you get to recruit LL's they haven't recruited yet?
Nope

Yeah just the ones already active. I'll never have Herbert Ghost or whatever that one guy's name is.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: November 23, 2018, 08:39:20 pm »

Nope

Yeah just the ones already active. I'll never have Herbert Ghost or whatever that one guy's name is.

I do think they changed it in the patch after the Queen and the Crone came out so you can now gain the legendary lords from confederating while they're wounded.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: November 23, 2018, 08:41:19 pm »

Nope

I do think they changed it in the patch after the Queen and the Crone came out so you can now gain the legendary lords from confederating while they're wounded.
Still need to be recruited.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: November 24, 2018, 08:38:23 am »

I recommend the legendary lord respec mod for that kind of thing. Lets you recruit the unrecruited and redo the skill choices of those already recruited, which is pretty important given how much of a fixation the AI has with the godawful blue lines. Only weakness is that it breaks quests a lot of the time, so the mod just gives confedded LLs their uniques when they hit the level requirement for the quest (same way the AI gets them)

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1391653276
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: November 24, 2018, 10:02:59 am »

Thanks for the tip.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: November 24, 2018, 08:20:24 pm »

!!Important Notice!!

The Wood Elves have been removed from the lush forests, and now live awkward but entertaining lives in the mountains.

That is all.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: November 24, 2018, 09:41:30 pm »

Speaking of mountains near the elves: Enterprising modders are remaking Kemmler's faction based on an old (Vampire Coast old) armylist for him: The Barrow Legion.

Neat, I look forward to seeing how it goes.

They don't list the units at the link so here's the army list from the 1d4Chan wiki. Click expand on the far right.

Some interesting things from the army list are Barrow Wight heroes on chariots, Shadow Druids (Etheral spell casters), skeletons with javelins, ghosts, Simulacra (apparently similar to Ushabti) and Glooms (similar to wraiths but weaker with higher unit numbers)

They also seem to be adding some extra things as they have a Terrorgeist and dragon (zombie probably) shown on their patreon page.

Edit: Apparently, Kemmlar also had his own lore of magic at one point with spells like Desiccating Grasp (Kemmler ignores armour, any wounds instantly kills target), a better Danse Macabre and Curse of Eternities which is a better Curse of Years but seems to funtion more like Fate of Bjuna does in Total War (Damage overtime to a unit, though Curse of Eternities gets stronger over time).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 09:47:01 pm by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: November 24, 2018, 11:13:32 pm »

“Project hobo”

Well, i’m sold.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: November 25, 2018, 04:48:36 am »

!!Important Notice!!

The Wood Elves have been removed from the lush forests, and now live awkward but entertaining lives in the mountains.

That is all.

But what about mountain elves, also known as goblins? They already have an ecological niche there. Both have pointy ears and sneaky nature, so both are obviously elves.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: November 25, 2018, 07:44:31 am »

Nope

Grab Toddbringer, you know you want to.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: November 25, 2018, 05:16:25 pm »

PSA: there is a big mean bug on the lose.

How bad? It crashes the game. Consistently.

How does it work? If a vampirate faction has any coves when they are wiped out, the game crashes because it can't figure out what to do with those.

I suspect hunting down and razing each cove could solve the problem, but it's still really shitty.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: December 04, 2018, 01:55:21 pm »

I started a new game as Archaon with a singular goal: the Sword of Khaine.

I want to take it and butcher legions of foes and every. Single. Legendary lord.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 277