Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508368 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3330 on: October 09, 2018, 11:27:02 am »

A right up about Luthor Harkon has been posted on the Creative Assembly website.

Spoiler: Key Details (click to show/hide)

Some other interesting details is the addition of "The Galleon Graveyard" in the middle of the Great Ocean (visible on the map in the above blog). The blog also gives silhouettes of the other three lords coming.

From them it can be pretty strongly be guessed that two of them are Noctilus and Aranessa Saltspite. I do not know who the third person is, the sihouette looks kind of like a banshee with no legs and wavy hair. I don't really know that much about the Vampire Coast or Dreadfleet so someone more knowledgable will have to take a guess.
Aranessa is a really odd pick because she's alive, and a Chaos mutant to boot. Making her into a vampire is kind of forced, but whatever. The Banshee is probably a lord made-up for the dlc. Though I was wishing for Vangheist, a character from Dreadfleet who was a ghost pirate (and had his own ship model, which is kind of a big deal considering one of the main features of the DLC). Noctilus might as well be guaranteed, really.

EDIT: folks on the internet might've pinned down the fourth LL as Comtesse Charlotta Jacoba, in the right of the picture.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 11:30:42 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: October 09, 2018, 11:40:55 am »

Depth Guard
GODDAMMIT CA

YOU HAD TO DO IT
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: October 09, 2018, 03:12:15 pm »

I never knew I had such a big place in my heart for vampirates. I'm loving this faction so far. It's a pity they're not working in naval battles with this, but I get it - a whole lot of work and most people don't really enjoy them all that much. Shogun 2's naval battles - both in vanilla and Fall of the Samurai - are really the only TWs where I've actually liked playing them, but if they could manage something like that  again I'd be all over it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3333 on: October 09, 2018, 03:47:22 pm »

From the post Mech#4 linked we can see that they added Noctilus' Ship Graveyard in the middle of the map. That's pretty interesting.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: October 09, 2018, 05:02:29 pm »

I never knew I had such a big place in my heart for vampirates. I'm loving this faction so far. It's a pity they're not working in naval battles with this, but I get it - a whole lot of work and most people don't really enjoy them all that much. Shogun 2's naval battles - both in vanilla and Fall of the Samurai - are really the only TWs where I've actually liked playing them, but if they could manage something like that  again I'd be all over it.

The ship battles in Rome 2 are bullshit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: October 09, 2018, 05:47:27 pm »

The only fun ship battles are the ones with cannons honestly. Also maybe the combined arms ones where you had land and sea battles happening at the same time. But Those were really only fun in Attila for me. In Rome 2 they were kinda trash.

I think the fundamental problem with ship battles in the games is the engine limitations. The ships are too small. The battles have no maneuverability whatsoever. There's way way way too few units. Etc. etc.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: October 09, 2018, 08:48:24 pm »

I didn’t mind sea invasions in Rome 2 but ship-on-ship battles yeah were very flawed.
Especially as transports started off being very OP
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: October 10, 2018, 03:03:44 am »

The ship battles in Rome 2 are bullshit.

Indeed they are! That’s why I didn’t mention them at all. I don’t know how they went so wrong there.

In TW you’d get to have a nifty mix of cannons, magic, flying units, fantastical ship types and sea monsters and all. It could be great if they figured out how to make it all work.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: October 10, 2018, 05:06:20 am »

I didn’t mind sea invasions in Rome 2 but ship-on-ship battles yeah were very flawed.
Especially as transports started off being very OP

Yeah even after they fixed em I still just autoresolve.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: October 10, 2018, 05:32:51 am »

A right up about Luthor Harkon has been posted on the Creative Assembly website.

Spoiler: Key Details (click to show/hide)

Some other interesting details is the addition of "The Galleon Graveyard" in the middle of the Great Ocean (visible on the map in the above blog). The blog also gives silhouettes of the other three lords coming.

From them it can be pretty strongly be guessed that two of them are Noctilus and Aranessa Saltspite. I do not know who the third person is, the sihouette looks kind of like a banshee with no legs and wavy hair. I don't really know that much about the Vampire Coast or Dreadfleet so someone more knowledgable will have to take a guess.
Aranessa is a really odd pick because she's alive, and a Chaos mutant to boot. Making her into a vampire is kind of forced, but whatever.

While I have no problem with such a change, does she necessarily have to be a vampire now? She could be a necromancer, or infused with enough of the energy from the Galleon Graveyard (a place that, from my understanding, collects all of the oceans dead) that she now has the power to command undead troops while still being living, or maybe empowered enough by necromatic magic she counts as undead (such as Ghouls, Necromancers, Dire Wolves and Fell Bats).

Edit:
On Rome 2's naval battles, I never really had a problem with them. Though they were difficult to control what with all the remembering which way the winds blowing, planning ship movements in advance, where your other ships are and are going to be and so on. It became a mess but I felt that was more through my own actions.
It's like a whole new set of tactics and maneuvers to understand.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:37:23 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: October 10, 2018, 10:18:37 am »

A writeup about Luthor Harkon has been posted on the Creative Assembly website.
This link now includes a write up on Noctilis. His starting location is in the new Galleon's Graveyard at the center of the map. It also looks like each Vampirate gets a different cool-looking flagship model.

Spoiler: Details (click to show/hide)

I'm going to hazard a guess that the other two LL will get revealed in the next two days.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: October 10, 2018, 10:31:26 am »

Surprising. I was expecting info on him only next week.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: October 10, 2018, 10:32:48 am »

If you want Warhammer sea battles, there is Man'oWar: https://www.gog.com/game/man_o_war_corsair

It is basically a pirate sailing simulator in the Warhammer world. You get to play Chaos too, if you like. The game is quite ugly but very fun.

You are playing either a human freelance captain or a Khorne/Nurgle champion. Allies and enemies include various human factions, high elves, dark elves, dwarves (!), orks, skaven, four Chaos factions, sea monsters, undead and pirates.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 11:04:51 am by Majestic7 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: October 10, 2018, 12:56:05 pm »

MOUNT: NECROFEX COLOSSUS

Count Noctilus is often seen riding into battle atop the grotesque, rotting bulk of a Necrofex Colossus.

:D

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: October 10, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »

Yah, with all the bonuses he gets for them along with being unbreakable (which is odd for a vampire but I assume it means he won't crumble) he'll be a right pain on top of one. Though, if you take lots of cannons and ranged...

It also seems like the Vampire Coast will have Terrorgeists in their army list, aside from the Death Skriek one Luthor Harkon gets as a mount.

Also, I'm going to have terrible trouble trying to resist hiring a lord and renaming them LeChuck.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:43:56 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 277