Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508540 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3060 on: January 12, 2018, 01:10:27 pm »

I'm actually really curious how they'll do it. It's easy to say they'll make it like Warhammer where heroes and generals are superunits, but what about things like... who leads an army? Who is a bodyguard? Most characters did both. Can we have multiple generals in a single stack like before or are we doing 1 general per stack like the modern games? Can officers break away and do their own thing? How will the game handle stuff like Lu Bu or Liu Bei who just betray everyone and do their own shit constantly? Can you recruit officers from enemy armies?

I'm sorta wondering that instead of states that we might be playing characters/dynasties, ala CK2. Though I'm not entirely sure how you would handle effectively separate "states" within a state in Total War. Maybe a system like the HRE in Europa Universalis?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 15, 2018, 11:33:19 am »

Though already gathered from the screenshots released, the start locations of the Tomb Kings factions have been announced along with a map image to show the various Tomb King factions that'll be featured.

Note: On the map, Khemri has the wrong icon in the faction list. It shows a golden scorpion when they actually have a bird. The proper icon is shown on the map itself.

Also, it seems like one of the Vampire Count factions in the area has been removed, with only the Necrach Brotherhood remaining while the Strigos Empire no longer having a place. Not a major thing really. As an aside it would be neat if they developed them into a full Mourkain Empire faction.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: January 15, 2018, 11:59:02 am »

Though already gathered from the screenshots released, the start locations of the Tomb Kings factions have been announced along with a map image to show the various Tomb King factions that'll be featured.

Note: On the map, Khemri has the wrong icon in the faction list. It shows a golden scorpion when they actually have a bird. The proper icon is shown on the map itself.

Also, it seems like one of the Vampire Count factions in the area has been removed, with only the Necrach Brotherhood remaining while the Strigos Empire no longer having a place. Not a major thing really. As an aside it would be neat if they developed them into a full Mourkain Empire faction.
The strigoi are usually in the southwestern Dark Lands anyway, so they may end up returning.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 15, 2018, 12:12:23 pm »

Man, the Southlands are going to be an apex of fighting now.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 15, 2018, 06:17:42 pm »

Doublepost!

So I kinda did a Hitler in my Lizardman VH campaign.

I managed to take most of the Southlands except for a rabble of random 1-province states in the NW. Humans, Bretonnians, Dwarfs, etc. We were allies for a very long time but they were kinda getting in the way now.

So I figured, I'll take the reliability hit and just war them and unify the Southlands.

Big fucking mistake.

The next turn basically the entire world save the Dark Elves declare war on me. So all the Dwarves, Elves, Humans, other Lizardmen, even Mazdamundi fucking come for me.

All my colonial holdings were basically wiped out. Now I'm desperately trying to hold the Southlands against a neverending horde of everything (except Dark Elves). I have 6 armies but I can't defend the entirety of Africa so enemies keep managing to make beachheads here and there.

Fun times.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 16, 2018, 02:51:29 pm »

First off: Ha to above. Saw it, loved it. Good luck.

Meanwhile, I started a Mors mortal realms game.
Keep on forgetting that the very first Ruin spell is basically the Saurusfucker.
Bunch 'em up, knock 'em down. Rinse repeat. It's actually a little too powerful for the price, IMO.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 16, 2018, 03:03:45 pm »

Ooh yeah, Skaven have really really brutal spells. And they have so many of them too.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 16, 2018, 09:39:47 pm »

The unit roster has been put up for the Tomb Kings, covering the basic units and their variations, the Legions of Legend (units created through spending canoptic jar resource) and the Regiments of Renown.
Note: The army list doesn't list the basae Tomb King lords, though here's the information of them from the Steam page:
Tomb King
Tomb Kings are the principle Lords which lead the armies of Nehekhara. A number will appear as standard in the recruitment pool, but unique, named Tomb Kings – famous rulers from the six dynasties of Nehekharan history – may be resurrected via the Dynasties panel, at which point they enter your Lords recruitment pool. Tomb kings may unlock the Skeletal Steed, Skeleton Chariot, and Khemrian Warsphinx as mounts.

Spoiler: Tomb Kings Army Roster (click to show/hide)

There's also a video showing several turns of a head-to-head campaign between Settra the Imperishable and Arkhan the Black. It shows some of the Tomb Kings rite abilities like using a special Necrotect to establish a level 3 settlement from the get go.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 16, 2018, 10:27:21 pm »

I found the cooler part about that Necrotect ability was that you don't have to sacrifice half an army to create a level 1 settlement. Also means you don't have to reroute them to colonize something out of the way too. Very useful rite.

Certainly more useful than half of the Lizardmen ones.

Jesus Christ did Slann mages get the nerf bat in this game. They're so bad. No idea why you need to build so much shit AND do a rite to get something so crappy.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 17, 2018, 10:36:57 am »

Meanwhile, I started a Mors mortal realms game.
*slaps forehead* Gosh darn what a silly mistake. Mortal empires!
I forgot that everyone has Regiments of Renown. Everyone except me and my Warhammer 2 buddies.
Good thing that they can replenish those stacks WAY before the ten-turn timer which was supposed to have been patched in.

I am livid.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: January 17, 2018, 08:26:36 pm »

My accidental-Hitler game is going absolutely awful.

In 50 turns since that previous post I accomplished absolutely nothing. I haven't managed to expand. Haven't manage to defeat anyone. Haven't even progressed a single iota towards the ritual.

Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As you can see, money is tough. I actually managed to break through quite a bit of Southern Lothern and stopped the Elves from completing the final ritual, but then they brought down 7000 angry racist elves to smack me back to Lothern, which I just barely held on to after a really epic siege defense. 2000 lizards vs 7000 elves.

Mazdamundi doesn't really do much but he does send the occasional stack down to invade me when I have absolutely nothing to defend. Itza too, the pieces of shit. It's why that top bit of Lustria has a little razed province. I was hoping I could use it as a buffer zone to prevent the AI from attacking me so much from that direction. Didn't really work. There was one particularly amusing moment when Itza sent two stacks of just Terradons.

The asshole Lizard-loving humans come from there too.

The Dark Elves are basically out of the picture. They got completely smashed by intervention armies, Norsca, rogue armies, and finally Mazdamundi planting his giant lizard dong straight up their bumhole.

The NE is basically a new Border Princes state with three rogue armies calling it home.

The main problem are the fucking Spine of Sotek dwarfs. There's an unlimited number of them. You can't see it in that screenshot, but 4 stacks are sailing across the ocean to invade me. That's AFTER I defeated 2 stacks on that little island in between us and 2 stacks that already made landfall. It never ends. They just keep coming and coming and coming like a tireless horde. What the hell is wrong with these Dwarfs?!

Oh, and my reputation still hasn't improved beyond unreliable. So I can't peace with anyone. Still constant, total war.

------------

I'm thinking the only way I can get out of this mess is to move as many armies as I can spare into Lustria and completely wipe out the Dwarfs once and for all.

Also one of the Dwarf 1-province nations I originally declared war on is still somehow existing. They managed to colonize some ruins way in the NW of the map where no one else is and I can't get to them to finish them off. Normally I wouldn't care, but as a parting gift they left a single max level thane sitting in the middle of my land constantly assaulting my garrisons.

I imagine a really REALLY angry dwarf on a one man crusade in Araby. I don't actually want to kill him, he's been there so long. Like a national treasure.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 17, 2018, 08:58:44 pm »

So apparently if you're sitting outside an AI settlement with a stack now, and it gets attacked, you can get drawn into the siege battle.

I now need to figure out how to beat 4 stacks of Varg with a pretty strong Dawi stack, and a shitty Empire garrison helping out.

At least there are technically walls?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: January 17, 2018, 09:03:29 pm »

They just keep coming and coming and coming like a tireless horde. What the hell is wrong with these Dwarfs?!
They got to avenge those grudges.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: January 18, 2018, 08:12:52 am »

The patch notes for the update coming with the Tomb Kings release have been put up.

Headline improvements:
• Rebalanced the Grand and Vortex campaigns to reduce Dwarf supremacy.
• Improved ‘Dropped Orders’/units responsiveness during battles.
• Increased the length of Multiplayer Campaign objectives (head to head and co-op)
• Improved Skaven units in auto-resolve.
• Added a check-box to the army panel in campaign, so when end-turn notifications are disabled, the notifications for the selected army will still be enabled.
• Battle AI is now less inclined to use deep unit formations (e.g. 5 units deep) and will use more varied and wider formations where appropriate.
• Campaign Battle difficulty modifiers are now applied to the AI correctly.
• Battle AI is now less likely to clump when attacking a high Combat Potential unit or Lord, which used to make them easy to kill with ranged units or by flanking the clumped army.
• Improved the Battle AI outflank analyser to check the number of entities currently in the unit, rather than the initial number. This will prevent the Battle AI from attempting to outflank an already engaged unit and surround single entity units under certain conditions.
• Old World Legendary Lords traits and Bretonnia updates, see above for details.

Note: I would usually copy and paste the patch notes here, but they're too extensive and exceed the 40,000 (heh) character limit of the forum. There's a lot of small changes to quests, unit bugs and behavior fixes, building chains in some cities being wrong and so on and so forth. I'll add if I find anything particuarly interesting after I've read it all.

Along with this are some nice changes to Bretonnia, specifically their tech tree which now has several decrees related to the new factions added in Warhammer 2. It also includes new researches that improve their units as well as some new unique buildings to construct in Bretonnian and Empire provinces.

Also, along with the release of the Tomb Kings race, Tretch Craventail will be added for free as a new Skaven lord, starting in Naggaroth.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 18, 2018, 11:58:28 am »

Really? Clan Rictus?
Not what I would have expected.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 277