Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508883 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2610 on: August 18, 2017, 12:44:50 am »

WoC have no counter to cavalry other than just bogging them down in heavy infantry. Norsca and beastmen on the other hand...
1: "Just bogging them down in heavy infantry" works when the infantry are pikemen more tanky than dwarves
2: Aren't the WoC cav units pretty good though?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: August 18, 2017, 01:03:56 am »

Early on I might use warhounds to catch them and keep enemy cavalry busy until their infantry is dealt with. Other than that, lore of shadows "Melkoth's Mystifying Miasma" to slow them down and/or lore of metal spell that lowers armour on heavier cavalry. Though, I tend to just take the cavalry charge and charge them with other infantry or fast moving units while their busy in melee.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: August 18, 2017, 02:06:02 am »

Chaos only has one strat. Walk forward and kill everything in the way.

It's why your army should be Sigvald and all Chosen.

Incidentally, the new Chaos RoRs are really powerful. They also look awesome. Except the cannon. That one doesn't seem to be worth it.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: August 18, 2017, 02:25:20 am »

Heh, don't tell the majority of chaos players on here that. Lads love their monster mash.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:28 am »

Heh, don't tell the majority of chaos players on here that. Lads love their monster mash.
I play Chaos like I play Dwarves. Heavy heavy HEAVY infantry focus, with some cavalry to hunt their arty, and when I can, some Hellcannons to help break the foe's leadership.

I do use a fair few Monsters, though, because linebreakers are GREAT.

That being said, instead of my "Sit there and wait" approach I use with Dawi, I have a "GET IN THERE" approach instead.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 03:32:30 am by ArchAIngel »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: August 18, 2017, 06:20:13 am »

When I played Dwarves, I used a roughly 12/8 infantry/archertry set up. It was pretty OP.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: August 18, 2017, 06:26:46 am »

Autoresolve LOVES rangers.
It's annoying as heck.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: August 18, 2017, 11:51:03 am »

Skaven army roster is out and up for viewing.

Spoiler: Copy of the List (click to show/hide)

The list has a nice selection of things, with only a few things missing. Suprising additions are the Plague Furnace (mount for Plague Priest) and Bonebreaker (Rat-Ogre mount for Warlord).

Things that aren't included are Jezzails, Ratling Gun, Doom-Flayer, Poisoned Wind Mortar, Warp-Grinder, Giant Rats and Chieftain hero. There's also some mounts with the Great Pox Rat and War Litter.

A lord DLC with Ikit Claw and possibly Thanquol (though I'm thinking he might be FLC along with the combined campaign map) would make sense with most of these units being from Clan Skryre.

Some units that had me looking up my rulebook to find out what they are. Death Runners are the name for champion Gutter Runners while the Death Globe Bombadier is likewise the champion unit for Globadiers, Death Globes being a stronger Poison Wind Globe.
I have to wonder about items. Death Runners are equipped with Weeping Blades but I would like to know whether you can equip a Warplock Engineer with a pistol and the brass orb (A vaccuum in a sphere). In tabletop the Brass Orb was great for erasing powerful enemy units as it dealt an Initiative save or die under the template. There was also the Fell Blade that was stupidly powerful but slowly killed its user and Warpstone Tokens you could use to boost your magic points at a risk of taking a wound.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: August 18, 2017, 12:07:08 pm »

The Brass Orb is my favourite magic item, and I'd be thrilled if it were added. Nothing better than hiding a hero with it in a unit, popping out at an opportune time to suck something in to a vaccum

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: August 18, 2017, 01:13:19 pm »

"Initiative test or die" sounds like "High damage AOE with a long telegraph"

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: August 18, 2017, 03:13:54 pm »

It's really remarkable how they can include such high quality models in such huge numbers.

The Skaven in this actually look better than in Vermintide. Sure, Vermintide is a few years old, but TWW2 is doing them by the thousands.

I'm still pissed there's no ratling gun at launch though. It'll probably come with the obvious Clan Skryre DLC but fuck. I want my gatling gun.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: August 19, 2017, 04:31:39 am »

I know that Chosen and the like are objectively better, but monsters are so cool...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: August 19, 2017, 07:36:28 am »

Only real chaos Army is Kholek Suneater leading a 100% Dragon Ogres force. Humanity weak get out.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: August 19, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »

Your Dragon ogres can't handle my Chosen. Come at me bro.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: August 19, 2017, 03:59:54 pm »

*Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees**Stormlords and flees*

A most glorious battle.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 277