Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508657 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1965 on: March 27, 2017, 02:12:45 pm »

Maybe it'll work like how medieval total war did it. When you got the expansion that let you go to other maps, you would acess them by walking your army to the edge of the other map. Both maps would be technically separate, but the campaign encompassed both of them and events took place on the maps at the same time. So it was two or more maps that effectively worked like a larger map.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 27, 2017, 02:56:36 pm »

That's how Empire total war worked too, although it was a self-contained game.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 27, 2017, 03:04:16 pm »

That's how Empire total war worked too, although it was a self-contained game.
Empire only allowed transitions in specific spots, while I have no idea about med 1.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 27, 2017, 03:52:35 pm »

I know med 2 did it (IIRC), no idea about the first one.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 27, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »

I know med 2 did it (IIRC), no idea about the first one.
Um. No it didn't. It had a single map, and the expansion added 4 different campaigns with their own maps. They don't interact in any way shape or form.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:57 pm »

Maybe I'm confusing medieval 2 with empires then? I played both several years ago, I just know that was a thing the total war series did at one point or another.

EDIT: actualy, I was right, you can go to the americas by sailing off the west edge of the map on Med 2.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 04:05:45 pm by TempAcc »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 27, 2017, 04:52:25 pm »

Maybe I'm confusing medieval 2 with empires then? I played both several years ago, I just know that was a thing the total war series did at one point or another.

EDIT: actualy, I was right, you can go to the americas by sailing off the west edge of the map on Med 2.
It's not another map, though. It's just a part of the map you can't normally go to until you hit a specific point in the game. It's always there, just covered by fog of war. If you use the console, you can see it rather easily.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 27, 2017, 10:21:23 pm »

The Bretonnia patch is out. The changes and fixes are minimal though the major things include a few balance tweaks as well as build tree modifications.

Spoiler: Bretonnia Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

As for the maps in previous games. In Medieval 2 when the turns reached a specific number the map would expand to the west, unveiling the East coast of the Americas. In Empire: Total War the map was a mix of continuous and seperate maps where India was on the same map as Europe (though they had seperate minimaps) while the Americas and the smaller trading hubs (Ivory Coast etc) were seperate and you needed to sail a fleet between them via icons on the map edge.

For what they'll do with Warhammer: Total War; I suspect they'll have one continuous map. I wonder whether they'll do something interesting to represent the sea monsters that plague the oceans in Warhammer.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 28, 2017, 02:30:30 am »

The notes on the next patch have been put up. Focusing mostly on Bretonnia it fixes a few things to do with their campaign and buildings as well as some balancing changes such as the Foot Squires.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 28, 2017, 02:32:03 am »

I thought the maps never 'expanded' and that the Americas were always available but required ocean-going ships
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 31, 2017, 10:33:12 am »

The annoucement trailer is up for Warhammer 2: Total War.

Spoiler: Stuff about trailer (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:49:02 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 31, 2017, 11:09:30 am »

This looks pretty good - I'm happy with the race selection they made. I imagine Tomb Kings will be DLC - wouldn't be surprised if they're Chaos type preorder DLC.

I imagine that they'll see a bit too similar to the Vampire Counts (for non WH fans especially) so it's probably the best way of getting them in - if they go down the construct way with them though it could be interesting enough for a Wood Elf style expansion.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 31, 2017, 11:50:45 am »

So each of the four factions will have two lords each this time. And all of them will have separate starting positions.

I'm glad Skaven won't be DLC so Tomb Kings or Estalia / Tilea probably will be.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 31, 2017, 11:52:50 am »

Here's an article from Eurogamer. While it doesn't give anymore information than that which is described in the FAQ and on the Steam store page, it does give a bit more detail about how the maps will work together and Creative Assembly's plans for future content and release.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 31, 2017, 12:00:02 pm »

Is naval combat happening?

Only in autoresolve. Warhammer Fantasy Battles is principally a game about land warfare, so that’s where we’re choosing to focus our efforts in terms of full battle simulation. There are some new sea-related campaign features that we will detail in the future.

Welp, so much for that.

---

You know I never really was interested in any of this as I don't care for Elves and only minorly care for dinosaurs... but then I remembered Skaven have gatling guns.

I want to mow people down with gatling guns.

It also makes me curious how they'll handle the combined super map. The blog talks about how they have to tweak some things and maybe remove some minor races so turn times aren't excessive but they want to keep it as much a sandbox as possible. The elves generally only have minor enclaves in the old world (though they probably don't at the start) but we all know there may or may not be massive undercities populated with certain rodents under every single capital city.

So if they do do that... does that mean the Empire is going to get even more roflstomped than it does already? Those poor humans.

----

Oh, and the whole vortex thing doesn't matter for old worlders according to the same blog.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 277