Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 508639 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1920 on: March 24, 2017, 04:07:27 am »

I used the first person camera in Shogun, where it actually went into the soldier's perspectives. I was under the impression they replaced this with the boring 'hovering over unit' cam, or did they re-add it here?

It's entirely useless when you need to actually command, but a fun little toy if you're watching a replay or something.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 24, 2017, 04:22:41 am »

I used the first person camera in Shogun, where it actually went into the soldier's perspectives. I was under the impression they replaced this with the boring 'hovering over unit' cam, or did they re-add it here?

It's entirely useless when you need to actually command, but a fun little toy if you're watching a replay or something.
You're correct. They replaced it with the 3rd person camera.

I significantly preferred the first person version in Shogun 2. I remember watching entire ship battles in it (because honestly there's nothing to do in ship battles pre-Fall of the Samurai). I would cheer on for my character.

In fact, I uploaded a screenshot of it back in 2011:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's nowhere near that immersive now with the third person. Though the models and animations in Warhammer are the stuff of legend. I really can never get over how gorgeous Warhammer looks.

By the way, did you know if you went into unit camera, you'd actually confer a tiny little stat buff to that unit? It was so they'd live longer I think. So if you're in a final 1v1 situation against someone, might as well go into unit camera to give yourself a little boost.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 24, 2017, 04:43:45 am »

Okay so what, people are mad that Warhammer is releasing Warhammer 2? Which is a weird way to name an expansion, imo. It's just a special kind of DLC, people.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 24, 2017, 05:22:00 am »

I use the close up camera, but usually only after a battle is finished and I want to watch units running down fleeing enemies. The first person camera in previous games was neat, I really liked seeing inside the ships and front lines of musketeers in Empire/Napoleon.

Speaking of the coming announcement on the 31st of March; there's a lil somethin somethin on that front.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 24, 2017, 06:03:27 am »

Okay so what, people are mad that Warhammer is releasing Warhammer 2? Which is a weird way to name an expansion, imo. It's just a special kind of DLC, people.

I mean, it's completely expected as it is Sony we're talking about but I was still a bit shocked that they'd go for such a blatant 'that's another £50 please' so soon.

Whilst I wasn't expecting a whole new engine, I'd at least expect them to have iterated on the past one a bit. I can't even imagine they'd have had time to sort of learn from mistakes and improve it at this point. The graphics/unit count/etc. can't be any better really as in the last year not much has changed computer power wise, and so it'll literally just be more races.

That's fine, but I wish they'd just admit that rather than pretend it's a whole new game.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 24, 2017, 06:37:21 am »

Not quite. It's more of an "expandalone" in that you don't need to own Warhammer 1 to play it.

EDIT: where are people mad, anyway? I haven't managed to find anything of the sort.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 06:42:12 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 24, 2017, 06:48:18 am »

It is still kind of silly if they ask 50/60 bucks for it. That will make the finished game worth 150 bucks plus 60 bucks of DLC's per installment, so... something like 330 bucks. And people say Paradox whores DLCs?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 24, 2017, 07:05:09 am »

Stellaris came out the same month as Total Warhammer; Can you imagine if Paradox were to announce Stellaris 2 at this point?
I can understand your disbelief but don't forget this is SEGA. They're mega DLC whores.

Not to mention this was ALWAYS in the plan. Even before Warhammer 1 came out they already said this would be a three-part series.

Part 1 was Old World.

Part 2 is New World.

Part 3 is Chaos (and expansion of the Old World map to the East and South).

It's why I tell people if you want to wait for the super mega complete version, then it'll take three years and about $300 worth of DLC by the end.

Well I'm suddenly very happy I never actually got around to buying Total Warhammer. Probably not buying Total Warhammer 2 either if they're going to make a Thirdhammer next year.
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 24, 2017, 07:59:39 am »

The notes on the next patch have been put up. Focusing mostly on Bretonnia it fixes a few things to do with their campaign and buildings as well as some balancing changes such as the Foot Squires.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

As for the the release of the next part of Warhammer: Total War. I'm fine with it since they explained their plans early on before the release of the first part, it's planned to have 4 unique races again, probably a whole new map with all the battle maps and details that go along with that, as well as adding on to the existing game for an expanded campaign map.
I've gotten a lot of play out of the first part, so much so that I haven't bought any other games since it came out. The price could be a bit high, but in Australia games release for $100 AUD ($76 USD) as the norm so $60 USD ($78 AUD) is cheaper than usual anyway. It's why I buy games on Steam and not at EB Games. JB HiFi can be cheaper sometimes but boxed copies come with so little now I don't consider them worth buying.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 24, 2017, 11:53:23 am »

Not quite. It's more of an "expandalone" in that you don't need to own Warhammer 1 to play it.

EDIT: where are people mad, anyway? I haven't managed to find anything of the sort.
Oh I typed that horribly, think of people as a select few and not many. It's a standalone expansion yeah and Sony or whatever can be cash greedy, given how much they charge for how little feature, but I quite like that they're finally fleshing out a game.
Whoever said that they're making it with a new engine, I hope not. Since then it'd be a pretty empty game with just 4 factions again and I'd say the company needs to be buried.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 24, 2017, 12:31:15 pm »

1. It's Sega, not Sony.
2. No one said they're making a new engine. That would be extremely unlikely.

By the way, what do you guys think the preorder DLC race will be?

I bet it's Skaven. Since they did frigging Chaos last time, the shmucks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 24, 2017, 12:42:44 pm »

1. It's Sega, not Sony.
2. No one said they're making a new engine. That would be extremely unlikely.

By the way, what do you guys think the preorder DLC race will be?

I bet it's Skaven. Since they did frigging Chaos last time, the shmucks.
I think someone on reddit pointed out that there are exactly 8 tabletop races left (not counting Dogs of War). Since it's usually 4 base factions, that means pre-order would end up being one of the minors instead. Probably Tilea or Estalia since they got colonies in the New World, using the Dogs of War units if Tilea.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 24, 2017, 01:06:16 pm »

Kislev maybe?

I wonder if there'll be a game mechanic for the relashionship between the various lizardman races..
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 24, 2017, 01:21:37 pm »

I wonder if there'll be a game mechanic for the relashionship between the various lizardman races..
Why would there be? They are basically biological robots serving the Great Plan... even if they don't know exactly what it is.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 24, 2017, 02:02:21 pm »

One interesting thing to note is that the "real" elves and the Slann aren't limited to singular schools of magic like the Old World is. They have access to everything.

I wonder if they'll represent this in the game somewhat.

And maybe FIX magic without us relying on Cataph to do it.

Who am I kidding, sieges and magic are here to stay in this current shitty form.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 277