Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 509095 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1410 on: September 02, 2016, 06:57:08 am »

Expansion is out and all, but turns out another DLC got leaked: The White Dwarf
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: September 02, 2016, 07:06:30 am »

Capped minimum reload time to prevent multiple Master Engineers rewriting the laws of physics and giving ranged units negative reload times.
Those missed opportunities
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: September 02, 2016, 12:20:24 pm »

Well shit, if only I'd known that sooner.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 10, 2016, 12:52:09 pm »

DLC has been teased. Looks like it'll be a Greenskins vs Dwarfs instead of Wood Elves.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: October 10, 2016, 08:52:47 pm »

The Gitz and the Grotz.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: October 11, 2016, 10:20:32 am »

Looks like Belegar VS Skarsnik. Going to take a guess at some of the new units: Runelords, Anvil of Doom, and Squigs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 12, 2016, 03:36:53 am »

I looked up Karak Azul and it came up with King Kazador though I don't know enough about dwarf lore to know which would be more appropriate. It mentions "Thaggoraki" but I think this is just a continuing trend I've seen with Creative Assembly not naming races until they're implemented. King Lunn's hold is relevent to Skarsnik and since it mentions retaking Belegar would be more fitting.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 12, 2016, 03:38:53 am »

Orks vs Skaven

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 12, 2016, 05:08:26 am »

Orks vs Skaven

I swear if Skaven can only take Ork settlements... then I will officially say that whole "only some races can take the settlements of over" really WAS just an excuse 100% without question... Like I already think it is.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 12, 2016, 06:44:48 am »

But they released an official mod that removes this limitation on day 1, but I seem to recall this argument having been used before :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 12, 2016, 06:49:47 am »

But they released an official mod that removes this limitation on day 1, but I seem to recall this argument having been used before :P

Yes, I recall it was just as apologist then as it is now.

Mostly because the game is not balanced towards the mod, the mod doesn't make any changes for this, and the mod causes several issues. It also wasn't "official" as in officially released and endorsed by the developers...

In otherwords "The existence of a mod that overcomes a limitation or flaw in the game doesn't excuse it"

---

And even then my conclusion is still kind of solid...

If Skaven can only take Ork settlements... which is such a terrible idea I highly doubt it is true... It really would just finally settle my theory on this whole "It is just weird" excuse they made.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 06:52:01 am by Neonivek »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 12, 2016, 07:04:34 am »

Mostly because the game is not balanced towards the mod, the mod doesn't make any changes for this, and the mod causes several issues. It also wasn't "official" as in officially released and endorsed by the developers...

In otherwords "The existence of a mod that overcomes a limitation or flaw in the game doesn't excuse it"

Although most of the time I can sorta see your point with this, in this case this is bullshit. As soon as they knew they were going to be able to have mods they "offered dev team support" (whatever the heck that actually means) to Dresden to make sure that this mod would come out on day one, and they advertised it's existence as part of their advertisements for the game. No matter how you cut it that's completely official endorsement. So your conclusion is honestly completely wrong.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 12, 2016, 07:09:03 am »

Although most of the time I can sorta see your point with this, in this case this is bullshit. As soon as they knew they were going to be able to have mods they "offered dev team support" (whatever the heck that actually means) to Dresden to make sure that this mod would come out on day one, and they advertised it's existence as part of their advertisements for the game. No matter how you cut it that's completely official endorsement. So your conclusion is honestly completely wrong.

They did what Firaxis did... which is give him the tools so his mod could come out day 1... Mostly to advertise the tools to admit. (though it seemed to also existed as a deflection of the new system given how the fans often seem to take it.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

Anyhow point is...

Skaven should have Ork, Dwarf, Human, and Vampire as their settlements they can take...

I honestly thought they would just be able to take humans/Vampire but be able to use underways.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:41:10 am by Neonivek »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 12, 2016, 09:39:21 am »

Only a brief time for speculation, the DLC pack is up on steam with a video and screenshots to look over.

Spoiler: Interesting points (click to show/hide)

There's also this page for Wurrzag. A free Lord coming at the same time as The King and the Warlord DLC. October 21st.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 10:11:27 am by Mech#4 »

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 277