Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblin Arrival  (Read 1635 times)

Eldin00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Arrival
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 07:21:05 pm »

I can confirm that ambushes and sieges still happen in the newest versions, though I've yet to see a babysnatcher in 0.40.xx. But the ambushes and sieges are much more erratic than in the previous version, and I haven't yet found any good way to be sure of getting them beyond embarking practically on top of a thriving goblin civilization. Check legends before you embark, the hostile civilization needs to be doing well, preferably at war with your civilization, and not at war with anyone else, to really be very sure of seeing them. Even then there's no guarantee of the timeframe to encounter them, but in 0.40.23-24 I've had multiple forts that provoked a goblin encounter within the first 5 years using that method.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 07:50:52 pm »

I'm not saying goblin sieges don't show up, i'm saying NO goblins show up.  I used to get a squad or some babysnatchers at 30-40 at like year 2, but now I get absolutely nothing.
Well, I have got only badgers and gray langurs for those four years :/ . I even got to state "let's finish these two big projects and if nothing appears soon, let's try something closer to goblins"... Well, now they have showed up after all :D
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 03:10:15 am »

I recently got my first siege soon after I broke 1 mil wealth. It was 1 squad.

A good thing too because my population was way too high.
Pages: 1 [2]