Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Stress  (Read 11514 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Re: Stress
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2015, 05:55:38 pm »

I think he may have a fetish for dwarves in chains, and cages...

also maybe you don't have a big enough jail ? i would assume you build a bunch of cages and chains, then designate a jail out of one, and it encompasses all. Like a dormitory/dining room works.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2015, 09:33:29 pm »

He was - but I built a lot of cages, and he still was stressed over it!
strange question, but did you sctually make a jail cell out of them?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2015, 09:42:09 pm »

Right now I'm doing some stress science on a plump helmet man. She's getting more and more stressed. I'll tell you what happens as it does.

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2015, 02:46:58 am »

It says somewhere in the Z menu how many you have vs need.

Also, I'm thinking/hoping the new festival/party/spiritual stuff might help with the stress.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2015, 04:05:32 am »

It says somewhere in the Z menu how many you have vs need.

Also, I'm thinking/hoping the new festival/party/spiritual stuff might help with the stress.

Huh?
In the stockpile menu?
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2015, 04:18:16 am »

Scroll over to where it says justice.  When you have a prodon properly zoned, is when it counts a cage ad part of the justice system. Just make a room from a cage, and hit j.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2015, 04:37:55 am »

I have no cases in Justice.
No crimes, no murders, nothing.

And if IIRC (not at home now), it requires 0 Jails..
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!

se5a

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2015, 03:42:09 pm »

I have no cases in Justice.
No crimes, no murders, nothing.

And if IIRC (not at home now), it requires 0 Jails..

No, it's done on population size I think. look at the top right in the justice screen.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2015, 04:48:24 pm »

The plump helmet man is getting more stressed, she's now at 195k. Her partner, though, is all the way at -91k.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2015, 09:43:54 pm »

So, due to having to dispose of the remains of a goblin siege (56 Goblins) one of my dwarves - oh hey, yet another militia captain; a hunter of my crossbow squad...I REALLY should look up their stress resistance before making them part of the military...and not pick someone who "becomes completly helpless in stressful situations"... - had reached almost 101k stress for some time.
He decided that he had to be the one to carry the corpses (and parts) to the refuse piles, even though every time he got close to the blood-drenched battleground he almost froze due to being horrified.

Also, how come he got "frustrated by not being able to find someone in charge to cry on"? I thought they'd just run to the next noble (my duchess at that time)? Nothing prevented him from getting to her and I saw him next to her a few times. Is there something I have to do so that a stressful dwarf can complain properly...?

Anyway, a few of the other dwarves who constanly had bad thoughts from seeing the previous goblin siege's corpses felt nothing about seeing this siege's corpses; but whenever they saw the corpses of the previous siege, they got bad thoughts again. It seems like the severeness of the bad thought is stuck to the corpse at the moment the corpse became a corpse.
Which means I do have to get a proper waste disposal system running...luckily I embarked on a vulcano.
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2015, 02:04:14 pm »

The plump helmet man is now at 260k stress and is now exhibiting signs of it.

I'm now waiting for her to go insane.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2015, 04:06:38 pm »

She's now at 300k and threw a tantrum and destroyed her rope. Luckily she just fell into some cage traps and I put her right back on a new rope.

What stress do creatures go insane at? I've only seen one mad dwarf in DF2014 and that was from a strange mood.

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2015, 01:49:17 am »

I think he may have a fetish for dwarves in chains, and cages...

also maybe you don't have a big enough jail ? i would assume you build a bunch of cages and chains, then designate a jail out of one, and it encompasses all. Like a dormitory/dining room works.

Problem was solved by the Flying Circus
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]