Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wheelbarrow for workshops  (Read 581 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Wheelbarrow for workshops
« on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:27 pm »

I know, I know, simply by placing the stockpile near or by using feeder stockpiles I could avoid my mason walking over ten tiles with a heavy rock.

But still, it seems more simple to assign a single wheelbarrow to the workshop and then said wheelbarrow be used to search for the materials for the work. Eventually this could be used as an entry to apprenticeship (you start a the fetch boy on the workshop) or in the case of multi-material works a single run with the wheelbarrow could suffice.

Dunno, it seems really practical.

This could work as a test towards workshops with tools and implements, having a wheelbarrow would help collect materials faster/in greater quantities. As the game is developed further tools could be introduced. For the carpenter it could be a table, hammers, saws, nails and so on...
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 01:24:54 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!