Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 194281 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2015, 12:46:20 am »

Is their any way to put some sort of requirement on the breeding ratios to make it that half-bloods only happen from inter-caste breeding?

Also is their a way to do the opposite of a curse like some sort of bestowed gift or do I have to treat it like a regular curse?
and if so is their a way to create some-sort of were-dwarf or equivalent and make it where a domesticated animal lets say a cat will spawn with a chance of having a were-dwarf curse, and not have it go beserk when it transforms or is that kind of reaction not possable.
This is not the place for modding question.

1. halfbreed intercaste breeding: no.
2. benevolent curse: yes, but still named curse ingame
3. were-what? what? I dont understand the question.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2015, 10:14:50 am »

i figured to ask my questions in this thread since the succubi are very similar to what I wanted to create which in simplest terms they do what a succubi does but they are nomads of sorts. and I figured that Boltgun would be very knowledgeable on the questions I have.

and as far as the were-dwarf it is the opposite of say a were-chinchilla. instead of lets say a dwarf changing into a twisted chinchilla shape a creature would get twisted into dwarven shape (or what ever the civ you are playing as.)

So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2015, 12:57:51 pm »

Yes, sure, creature transformations are no problem, but you can't meddle with civ-membership, migration or entities that way without some major dfhack-ing. Even then you might have to write your own scripts.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 26, 2015, 04:11:42 am »

i figured to ask my questions in this thread since the succubi are very similar to what I wanted to create which in simplest terms they do what a succubi does but they are nomads of sorts. and I figured that Boltgun would be very knowledgeable on the questions I have.

and as far as the were-dwarf it is the opposite of say a were-chinchilla. instead of lets say a dwarf changing into a twisted chinchilla shape a creature would get twisted into dwarven shape (or what ever the civ you are playing as.)

It is worth trying to see if the game consider a transformed dwarf as a civ member and let it migrate, but I cannot figure how you would test that except out of crazy luck.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:06 am »

my origianal plan was to infect animals that would normally migrate as a pet and/or be bought in the embak screen at a lower percent chance after proving that it could work, probably at the same chance as the vanilla were-beasts after various bugs are worked out and I am able to pull it off if I am able to.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2015, 10:34:16 am »

But what are you trying to achieve? A playable race that breeds that way, or a hidden invader that makes life difficult for your dwarves?

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:06 pm »

My current goal is beneficial (possably have them teleport and/or transform if their owners/spouse/friend in trouble) but if their is some sort of karma system in the game then have it based on that on second thought if I based it on a karma system they will bring just about any fortress down around the players ears, on third though it would add FUN so I might have options for both...

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2015, 12:53:24 am »

A few thoughts as I play.

Succubus are hot, like, really hot. I had one get into a fistfight with a polar bear on top of a glacier. It was not uncommon for the polar bear to be caught in a cloud of boiling polar bear blood that burst out of it after she got in a good punch, and when it finally died the corpse caught on fire and burned for months.

Their lava immunity also doesn't seem to be 100%. I had a few succubus get knocked down a channeled out 1z level hole when they activated a magma well and get incinerated. Perhaps they are not immune while stunned?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2015, 04:20:40 am »

Yes, the new version of df is a bit weird when it comes to temperature. I've seen hunter causing a wildfire and in adv mode I killed enemies with my own blood. Also in some circumstances I have now fixed, they refused to eat because the food was 'too cold'.

They should never die in lava however, MW modifies tissues and I know that in 6.2 the simplified leather cause fire imps to melt in room temperature. I'll test that again. If she was stunned, there is also a chance that she drowned in lava and her corpse was burnt.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2015, 03:44:45 pm »

It happened instantly, drowning should take a few second IIRC.

The flaming fists thing is actually quite cool, its just, if they fight anywhere flammable the whole map tends to go up. I feel like I have to armor my troops not to protect them but to protect my wood sources.

Edit: Actually, would it be possible to have the troops splash their blood around on purpose? Or maybe smear it onto their weapons? That would be interesting.

Edit2: As I play around with magma well more, these things a pain. If the mamga appeared a Z level up or down they would be useful, but since it appears on top of the well itself the succubi who activates it gets shoved around, possibly bashed into a wall, possibly drowned by lava(?).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 03:58:33 pm by cerevox »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2015, 04:38:29 pm »

Is it possible to see your magma well? I rarely had death around it.

Making magma is dangerous but can be made safe with preparation. By digging a large area around the well, with channels and a constructed passway, or better with grates or fortifications, the succubus  can evacutate without much issues. Of course this is considering that succubi have nothing to fear from the heat.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 04:42:24 pm by Boltgun »

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2015, 04:45:46 pm »

Right, I built a room with grates all around it leading down to the room I wanted to fill. My 2 main problems are that when the lava spawns it takes a second to start flowing and the well operator drowns for those few seconds, and the 2nd issue is that no succubi will touch the well until its lava free, which means that if your single activation isn't enough it will take ages and if the target room is only at 1/7 lava it will start drying up.

The only way I could get it to effectively fill a room was to have multiple wells all running, but that was when I was losing operators to the stun, doing medium/large runs create so much magma that when it starts flowing it flings the operator into a wall and KOs them.

So far simply digging down to the magma sea is seeming much much easier than getting a well to operate safely and effectively.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »

Ok in that case the well will have the option to spawn magma a z level below.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2015, 04:54:58 pm »

If I am just using them incorrectly I would be more than happy to change, its just, right now it seems easier for me to build a working magma pumpstack to the sea than it does to get a room filled from the well.

Edit: Perhaps of interest, when Succubi go to clean themselves, they appear to consider lava a valid place to clean just like they would a pool of water, but then cancel because its dangerous terrain.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 07:40:01 pm by cerevox »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2015, 07:30:53 am »

If I am just using them incorrectly I would be more than happy to change, its just, right now it seems easier for me to build a working magma pumpstack to the sea than it does to get a room filled from the well.

Edit: Perhaps of interest, when Succubi go to clean themselves, they appear to consider lava a valid place to clean just like they would a pool of water, but then cancel because its dangerous terrain.

I think the game consider them to be  lava hot, or maybe temperature is bugged. They are not different from 0.34 with that but strangely a lot of new mechanics kicked in.

I never had this issue with lava but they should prefer water once you find any. Or for fun, did you try to add a well over the lava?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 41