Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35

Author Topic: The Almost War (FIRST MISSION BEGINS!)  (Read 35633 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: The Almost War
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2015, 02:06:31 am »

Wait, Kuvira kills Korra causing new avatar to be born in Earth Nation she rules over? That's... the one smartest move ever!
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2015, 02:20:39 am »

Wait, Kuvira kills Korra causing new avatar to be born in Earth Nation she rules over? That's... the one smartest move ever!
At least, they say she killed the avatar. But no one has seen the avatar in a long time. So who knows if there even IS a new avatar yet.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2015, 02:23:03 am »

Ah, so there was no head on a pike, it is just said she did. Well, either way a winning move was done.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2015, 03:19:02 pm »

Most of these are done now, the last one I'll need to go over some more. Let me know if there are any issues with these.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
S'all good

Spoiler: Haka (click to show/hide)
Not much to say on this one, looks good.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Still looks good.

Alright, I've made Twisted Luck tactical

Spoiler: Turo Pakudzi (click to show/hide)
Not much change to the bonuses, should be good now.

Bonuses should be good now. I still don't think we can have him show up at the start, but there's a lot of potential for bringing him in later.

Character sheet
Bonuses applied.

I'll need to do some more work on this one, referencing the pm'd sheet.

Mostly fixed now.

Spoiler: Wei Li (click to show/hide)
All good here

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
Should be good.

THE EARTHSHAKER IS READY

Let me know if you need me to fix something.
That airship is huge. If he's engaged in piracy/smuggling, something smaller might be better. Additionally, the main manufacturers of airships in the UR are Future Industries and Cabbage Corp, though perhaps that ship comes from a Fire Nation company. Why would an airship have a torpedo rack, though?

Lightning Bending is something any firebender could learn to do, with enough time and training. It's not something one could stumble upon mid-fight, due to the concentration required.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2015, 03:34:41 pm »

I love it. Lets start the mayhem.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2015, 03:35:54 pm »

Looks all good, thanks for the bonuses

Lightning Bending- could it happen by accident? Like mid fight you think you are going to die and you put all your focus and energy into one last attempt to disable your attacker and just accidentaly send a lightning bolt instead of a big fire ball?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2015, 03:43:24 pm »

Oh, so cabbage corp guy didn't get shut down?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2015, 03:44:26 pm »

The torpedo rack is just something he picked up as he went along, it was not part of the main ship design itself. Also how long would you think the ship should be? I wasnt sure since the airships in the show were larger than a proper battleship in the ocean.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2015, 04:59:04 pm »

Lightning Bending- could it happen by accident? Like mid fight you think you are going to die and you put all your focus and energy into one last attempt to disable your attacker and just accidentaly send a lightning bolt instead of a big fire ball?

According to uncle Iroh this is not how the lightning works. In-game, it's all about your roll, I guess.

I came up with that additional rule that might be reasonable to state - advanced bending (blood, lightning, lava, metal etc.) can only be performed if benders skill is over 10 and requires in-game training session and skill checks suffer -3 penalty, because those are way harder to perform, but damage is calculated with multiplier 1/3 instead of 1/5.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:04:03 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2015, 05:18:18 pm »

According to uncle Iroh this is not how the lightning works. In-game, it's all about your roll, I guess.

I came up with that additional rule that might be reasonable to state - advanced bending (blood, lightning, lava, metal etc.) can only be performed if benders skill is over 10 and requires in-game training session and skill checks suffer -3 penalty, because those are way harder to perform, but damage is calculated with multiplier 1/3 instead of 1/5.
So is everyone getting a say in what the rules are? Or whats the deal?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2015, 05:35:27 pm »

Since I made a template of rules earlier, I'm just correcting myself.
Sigs

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2015, 05:38:23 pm »

I don't think that would be to fun though. And considering that we had the option to start with special bending I don't think people would enjoy that as much.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2015, 05:39:40 pm »

NINJAS: Specialized Bending

Many earthbenders seem unable to learn metalbending, so there's probably some natural talent required to pick it up, but advancements in training techniques seem to have increased the number who have access to it. Lavabending, on the other hand, seems to be a very rare "mutation."

Bloodbending and lightning bending seem only to require great skill and training, so any water/firebender (respectively) could potentially learn the technique. There seems to be a very rare natural talent for enchanced bloodbending, which may have existed for a long time but remained undiscovered until the technique was discovered

Combustion bending, like lava bending, is a rare "mutation"

No one seems to have chosen to start with lavabending. They still could (if they feel like revising their character), or they might have the natural talent required to learn it and pick it up later. I'll only allow one lavabender in the party, though, since they are really really rare.

Airships

Both the Earth Kingdom (before Kuvira) and the Republic City police seem to use Cabbage Corp airships, which by my estimate have cabin-capacity equivalent to the inside of a yacht
Spoiler: images (click to show/hide)

Future industries made slightly smaller airships, which were used by the Equalists. They seem to have a cabin capacity similar to a tugboat
On the other hand, Future Industries also made this behemoth. It has the standard underslung cabin (sizeable), some kind of huge bridge thing on the level of the balloons, AND a deck on top.

Earth Empire airships. They seem superficially similar to the smaller Future Industries one, but their interiors seem to have a different layout, and they seem to have the capacity to carry several MECs.

But, bear in mind that 27 years have passed, so designs may have changed/advanced.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2015, 05:47:07 pm »

Can I give my character a little bit of training in lighting use, not like mastery of it just something that he could use with a lot of focus?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2015, 05:50:23 pm »

I don't think that would be to fun though. And considering that we had the option to start with special bending I don't think people would enjoy that as much.

My rule doesn't stop you from starting with advanced bending - you have it in your backsories, so it is good to go. What I mean is if characters do not wield such powers at beginning but develop significant bending skill with all the experience they had, they can't start advanced bending out of thin air - they ought to find a person capable of it and learn from him/her.

As for airships - they had planes in Legend of Korra, so why not gunship? For example, an old model of bomber plane (like one below), reinforced with extra armor, additional fuel tanks and extra two engines to be able keep two engines running and maintain other two in flight?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:55:49 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 35