Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Wizard Chat  (Read 11956 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Chat
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2015, 01:38:44 pm »

I've never dealt with a pain minister, but I've trapped enough djinn in iron flasks that I can't help but recommend one. An ordinary hip flask will do fine, though you want to make sure you don't use one filled with a potion or alchemical reagents, as the results could be disastrous. A lamp will also do in an emergency, but I can't recommend it for long-term storage, as whatever you've trapped can easily be released accidentally by some just simply rubbing it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2015, 01:53:43 pm »

Oh man, need some help here.

Accidentally summoned a pain minister instead of an undine and I really need ideas for a suitable container before he subjects me to 'pleasures of the flesh'. Puzzle boxes traditionally work, but have you tried finding one at this hour!?!

Please advise
Hmph, just bend its mind hundred ways backwards and it won't be a problem anymore. Doesn't take much of effor unless you are novice mesmer. Then you can do whatever you want with it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »

((Do you know how tempting it is to don my robe and wizard hat?))

@Necromancy/Immortality: Avoiding Death isn't so hard. You get to challenge him to a game for your life, so it's all about how you play your cards. But don't pick anything that can be played perfectly. Pick The Game, then do a simple, targeted memory wipe. *poof* Immortality!

At least, that's what my notes say. I don't remember what this 'The Game' is. I guess it worked?

@Pain minister: Tell me that you put down extra-strength wards before summoning. They should give you the time to make the nessecary preparations. If not...

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 02:09:40 pm »

Crisis averted, I ended up improvising the use of a wok, some amethyst dust,and a tomato lying around. Now to pawn this off to a merchant before something goes catastrophically wrong
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 02:12:15 pm »

Bah! You shouldn't have tried it. Summoning anything at all is dicey business I say!

Things like extra-planar activities are best left to the professionals like the Blue-Robe Legion. Those bookworms always have had a knack with dealing with the problems that comes when a summoning backfires and their own planar circles tend to be more solidly built than those created by your standard basement wizard.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 02:16:32 pm »

Crisis averted, I ended up improvising the use of a wok, some amethyst dust,and a tomato lying around. Now to pawn this off to a merchant before something goes catastrophically wrong

...you used a tomato for a negative plane binding? Is this a joke? You know what that does, right?

My god.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »

Oh good, a place for proper wizardly discussion. I'll be watching this for if I have to ask advice on anything.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 02:23:47 pm »

ORGANIC MATTER!?!? For a binding? What the hell do they teach at schools nowadays. The only safe organics to use are those that contain acids, like citrus fruit. Best call the sentients containment squad before it gets too far.

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 02:29:32 pm »

It's too late SJM!

I just saw a stream of cabalistic symbols on the FOX network-okay, that's not so strange, I'll admit-but these were 9th level. O'Reily is 5th level, tops-small time.

It's moved into the electronosphere. This is bad.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 02:37:38 pm »

Well...I uh sold it to some odd merchant fellow on his way to Morocco, so it's his problem now.

Now I need to find out what went wrong with the undine summoning ritual. I need that undine for reasons
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 02:46:13 pm »

Undines, I thought they were pretty much garbage disposals? They put them in the sewers all the time to clean up...things.

If you're getting rid of raw meat, it's nothing couldn't do easier with a swarm of nixies, or a big hellboar.

What exactly do you have to get rid of?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 02:48:45 pm »

Hmmm.... nothing on the BBC yet, but they were always harder to influence.

I'll notify Merlin and get the scribes working on mind wipe scrolls.

((Summoning an undine rather than naturally coming across one requires the blood of a virgin, and you should well know the rules regarding that particular substance. Though if you do get a hold of it, remember not to marry. You've already endangered the world once today.

And Dwarmin, you may be mistaking an undine for bog beasts. I've always found it amusing that they share the same occult family as nymphs and undines, but I suppose it's the nature connection?))
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 02:55:50 pm »

Ah, finally a thread for real life wizards. I've been waiting for this.

How are your familiars doing? I currently have a Alligator as a familiar. He's pretty damn fast for an alligator, dear god.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 03:01:11 pm »

My cat familiar tried to do a mind/body switch spell on me.

Again.

Bastard hit me when I was cooling down my aura from spherewalking with my girlfriend.

Given I still have thumbs and am not eating fancy tuna, it didn't take.

And Dwarmin, you may be mistaking an undine for bog beasts. I've always found it amusing that they share the same occult family as nymphs and undines, but I suppose it's the nature connection?))

They're both big slimy eat-ey things, that's all I know. I admit, my knowledge is strictly hedge-level.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2015, 03:02:45 pm »

ORGANIC MATTER!?!? For a binding? What the hell do they teach at schools nowadays. The only safe organics to use are those that contain acids, like citrus fruit. Best call the sentients containment squad before it gets too far.

.......Tomatoes contain plenty of acids... enough to give my father heart burn..
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11