Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread  (Read 39670 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread (LAST CALL FOR ACTIONS)
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2015, 07:36:20 pm »

We're allowed to fluffify what they look like, etc.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2015, 07:37:27 pm »

We're receiving them at a 10-to-1 rate for drafting troops, now.

OH! The exact rule for your unique House Unit. You automatically receive 1 for each 10 soldiers you draft.
So if you Draft 500 peasants, you gain a force of 50 of your unique unit for free. This doesn't work for hiring mercenaries.

If you'd like to make a request for what your House Unit should be, just tell me in a spoiler in this thread. (preferably the same one that you use to clarify any questions you have over your actions)
Some of you already have ones chosen out, based on how fluffy your bios were.

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 20, 2015, 08:04:52 pm »

*Edits

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No hacks here...........just move along :3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 20, 2015, 08:33:50 pm »

Is it possible to add things/take them away from House units as a result of research and such?
Yes, you can update your House Units as you research new techs.

Cheese, I told you, for a large game like this you need a definite cutoff.

We have been dragging on at this stage for almost 4 days.
I can easily make cutoffs for players, but I can't do that for myself.
My own life, in the real 'verse, has been hectic as hell lately (I actually started this when I assumed things had calmed down, and found that assumption to be wrong)
If you don't like the wait, you can always drop out, but I'm not going to kill myself trying to get updates out on someone else's schedule.
I'm not meaning to sound mean, but trust me. If I were able to have updated this 3 days ago, I would have done so already.

Alright, you mind PM'ing me when there is an opening? If I don't respond in a reasonable amount of time, pass it on to whoever is next.
Yeah, I'll try to remember.

What's this about House units?
Yes, I thought Cheese said we'll find out about our house units when we recieve them.
I'm letting people choose them if they want them.
If you decide to not specify, then I'll decide for you. I still have plenty of ideas that people haven't taken yet.

*Edits

Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2015, 08:42:58 pm »

Take as long as you need mastah. I'd prefer the game to take longer than the GM to go crazy(er?)
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2015, 08:59:19 pm »

Also, another note.

It seems some of you forgot my request of "If you change something, make a new post for it. Don't make me go looking for it."

Please keep this in mind.

Take as long as you need mastah. I'd prefer the game to take longer than the GM to go crazy(er?)
The (er?) on the end is the important part.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:48 am »

No, Cheese, you mistook me. What I'm really against is players backtracking because something had changed fundamentally within a turn, in which others also backtrack and invent something new, which leads to a new rule, which leads to other players moving to exploit that rule, and so on and so forth.

At least, for my own sanity, would you mind to introduce new rules in the future between turns? After all rewarding the instigator of the rules with a turn of exclusivity seems fair.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 21, 2015, 12:32:12 am »

I don't actually know what you're saying. :\

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #368 on: January 21, 2015, 05:16:17 am »

He means he doesn't like people revising their actions after having posted them. Personally, I think it's fine, seeing as it doesn't really affect anyone else - unless they're cheating and looking at spoilers.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 21, 2015, 05:51:51 am »

He means he doesn't like people revising their actions after having posted them. Personally, I think it's fine, seeing as it doesn't really affect anyone else - unless they're cheating and looking at spoilers.
But for how long and how much incentive are there for people to revise is the question.

I strongly believe that there must be a balance, and I do strongly feel that its best achieved by a hard deadline in which after that no one can revise anything pertaining the turn.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 21, 2015, 06:06:05 am »

No, Cheese, you mistook me. What I'm really against is players backtracking because something had changed fundamentally within a turn, in which others also backtrack and invent something new, which leads to a new rule, which leads to other players moving to exploit that rule, and so on and so forth.

At least, for my own sanity, would you mind to introduce new rules in the future between turns? After all rewarding the instigator of the rules with a turn of exclusivity seems fair.
Err...could you expound on this? Emphasis on the orange part?
It seems like its an intentional thing, is what I got from reading this up. Which...is strange and unusual. :O

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 21, 2015, 01:11:10 pm »

Err...could you expound on this? Emphasis on the orange part?
It seems like its an intentional thing, is what I got from reading this up. Which...is strange and unusual. :O
I don't agree with everything said there, but I do agree that something needs to be done about people constantly editing their posts because they got a message or someone makes a smart decision and copies it.

And I've been quiet about this, but I'm also going to ask if we can please NOT post other people's actions on the OOC. I'm still not happy that 99% of my turn was posted on here, and the 1% was just fluff. It LITERALLY defeats the purpose of spoilers if you're snooping onto other people's stuff and posting it for everyone to see. I had to change my turn BECAUSE someone went and told everyone what I was doing. Might as well say "oh go after this guy! He's building an army!" Like serioiusly, I had some questions for MASTAHCHEESE ONLY FOR IN GAME STUFF and you post it for EVERYONE WHO I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE IT.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 21, 2015, 02:38:17 pm »

...None of the stuff I answered in here was at all important, and I only snooped because I knew that whatever question you had, it was almost certainly... well, unimportant, and something to which I knew the answer and to which you SHOULD have known the answer.

I was right, too.

Also:

1.  Cry me a river.
2.  Bite me.
3.  I forgot about that rule one time and was trying to help!  Get over it.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #373 on: January 21, 2015, 06:39:25 pm »

It's considered polite to apologise when one makes a mistake at the expense of another.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2015, 06:52:46 pm »

I did, more or less, though I fail to see how it was at his expense. I can see now that he didn't deserve even that much.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33