Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread  (Read 39715 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

So, uh, how do we know what our nobility troops are, or are they just basic soldiers with better stats?
You'll know what they are when I make their stats. Which will be when armies are formed. That's one thing I won't be going ahead and doing before hand.

TalonisWolf: Unfortunately, I've closed the Sign-ups. But you may be able to replace in if someone drops out. (You'd be after Dwarfy, in that case, though.)

Question, were other players as cinematic as I was?
Some people are extremely cinematic, others don't have any fluff at all in their posts.
Personally, I don't generally enjoy reading mountains of fluff, let alone from over 30 people, so I prefer when the actual actions are obvious. (some people divided the fluffy parts of the posts from the action part, which is my personal favorite method to go through.)

And Lucus: People are right that you aren't supposed to be reading into other players' spoilers. I'll let it slide this time, because it's Turn 0, and I'm really overloaded with junk to be able to go through and answer questions one-by-one though. (In this case, it was actually really helpful, but please don't make it a habit.)
Well the post was initially unspoilered, for a long while too...
^Also this.

Speak to the foreign affairs advisor and ask them about the areas near us; specifically, which of our neighboring regions are the weakest, the strongest, the most profitable to raid and the one with the most food.
(You don't know until you send spies.)
This is true, you'd have to send spies to know. But in any case, everyone's military strength and economic strength are identical because this is turn zero.
((Why does everyone keep asking about food? I'm not tracking that in this game. I think I even specifically mentioned this.))

Consult the economic advisor on how our metal stores are doing and if we will need more resources before the raids.
(Same as everyone else.  You can equip your men fine.)
Again, everyone is identical. I don't track the amount of Metal people have. Your only resources are Gold and people.

Have our internal affairs advisor tell me how my sons are doing and if they think that any of them are old enough to take part in the raids this year.
(Almost certain you don't have any sons, and that the lack of heirs is intentional to ensure players die off quickly.)
Lucus hit it right on with this.
If you want sons, you need to make some.

First ask one of my advisors why the rebellion started?
(Pretty sure you have to send an agent to figure THAT out, too.)
Again, this.
Although the real reason they rebelled is because I rolled a 7 on the Random Event Table for that region. :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cheese, y'know, this is the time to actually try to push things through.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

On a scale of 1 to 10, how fluffy was mine? Would you consider a 3 too high?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

K, I will post an additional action, although I'm a bit surprised why you looked into our spoilers, but then again you didn't show anything too revealing and you aren't actually one of the houses so i guess it's fine. Question, were other players as cinematic as I was?
Wasn't sure when Mastahcheese was going to be able to answer things and I didn't think you were anywhere near me, so I doubted it mattered.  I'll refrain from doing so in the future.

Edit:  Well, that and I forgot about the rule in the haste to get things answered. >_>
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:23:35 pm by Lucus Casius »

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

Just wondering, if your ruler is female, are there any challenges, because of this, and also, can females be heir?
Ain't nobody got time for that.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wondering, if your ruler is female, are there any challenges, because of this, and also, can females be heir?
For the sake of ease of playing, being a female makes no difference. Pregnancy in this game works like it does in Dwarf Fortress, in that it does not slow down the mother in the slightest.
So yes, females can be heirs.

I am currently going through and gathering all the actions of the players (Ignoring all the fluff, so it's solely in-game related things). Once I am done, I will post the action list here (in spoilers, obviously) so everyone can review it, and confirm. (Or, if they say nothing, I'll just use what's there when I am ready for the turn)

That will be the last-second time for people to edit actions, and ask final questions before turn 1 is made, so turn 1 is incoming.
The Derail Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

That's what I wanted to ask!

Can we have more than one economic building (logging camp, mine, fishery) in the same territory?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's what I wanted to ask!

Can we have more than one economic building (logging camp, mine, fishery) in the same territory?
Yes. You can even have multiples of the same economic building in the same territory. Just keep in mind that if someone were to.. let's say go out of their way to burn down your logging camps, then having multiples means they are all in similar locations, so they'd all be easy to hit if just one got breached.

Having a logging camp, mine, and fishing fleet all separate from each doesn't have the same problem, though.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Since I have an entire mountain range, can I have multiple mines without that problem?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

Since I have an entire mountain range, can I have multiple mines without that problem?

Not if I have that problem with an entire forest :P

Though that, perhaps, is the problem...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For sake of my sanity, go steal someone else's mountains and forests :P

OK PEOPLES

I have consolidated all of the "game actions" that I could interpret from your posts (thanks to those of you who made it super-easy to understand.)

THESE ARE ALL THE ACTIONS YOU WILL BE DOING COME TURN 1. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO MAKE EDITS. DON'T LOOK AT OTHER PEOPLE'S SPOILERS.

Spoiler: Haerun (adwarf) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skleros (Lucus Casius) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Linshi (Glowcat) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tanshin (wipeout1024) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tan-Seong (Remalle) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undynne (Harbingerjm) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blacklumber (Ghazkull) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vargson (Highmax28) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Corrin (Kashyyk) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hofer (High tyrol) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salivar (heydude6) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crowden (Tomcost) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ontoni (Taricus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xledenero (Lukeinator) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Feox (Sentient Bowtie) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lienrus (SilverDragon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clawbrood (flabort) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dracul (apiks) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Liu (TamerVirus) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rossow (Beneviento) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dunik (Playergamer) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Iände (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Laureline (Andres) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Chen (evilcherry) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wayfaire (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Duys (Deidei) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Talbot (LuckyKobold) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Flargus (InstantHax) (click to show/hide)

I have already gone over this list twice. That does not mean that I did not make a mistake. If you have multiple construction projects, it will say which ones you're going to have to wait on. If you try to draft and construct ships at the same time, it will say which one you're going to wait on.
Due to this reason, I didn't even bother to put in that people are planning to train soldiers the next season, because trust me, practically everyone that posted to issue a draft issued to train them. Just make sure you include that action next turn.

If there is an action on your list that you're confused by, please ask me. I tried to make it as comprehensive as possible, though.

Also, I added a couple new buildings to the rules. One of them allows you to build fleets and armies at the same time, since people seem to be really miffed about that.

That... I think that's all?

OH! The exact rule for your unique House Unit. You automatically receive 1 for each 10 soldiers you draft.
So if you Draft 500 peasants, you gain a force of 50 of your unique unit for free. This doesn't work for hiring mercenaries.

If you'd like to make a request for what your House Unit should be, just tell me in a spoiler in this thread. (preferably the same one that you use to clarify any questions you have over your actions)
Some of you already have ones chosen out, based on how fluffy your bios were.
The Derail Thread

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread (LAST CALL FOR ACTIONS)
« Reply #326 on: January 20, 2015, 12:14:50 am »

Spoiler: Dunik (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 20, 2015, 12:29:34 am »

Spoiler: Chen (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:37:17 am by evilcherry »

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 20, 2015, 12:37:38 am »

Spoiler: Skleros (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 05:49:35 pm by Lucus Casius »

SilverDragon

• Bay Watcher
  • For glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 20, 2015, 12:43:18 am »

Spoiler: Lienrus (click to show/hide)
Apparently coding DF is equivalent to slaying hydras.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33