Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread  (Read 39587 times)

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
Re: The Art of War: Feudal Lord Simulator: OOC Thread
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2015, 12:02:27 am »

Trust me, we understand that if is enough of a major project that you can not be considered an 'ass' for giving up early. Before we put to much investment into it. If you wish to do this on a smaller setting, that will prob do you better.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2015, 12:44:21 am »

Perhaps we have some smaller forms of the game take place and then a sort of a grand scale one later run by the mastah? Like we divide the lands into provinces or something where a certain amount of people are and then have smaller games that way and Mastahchese runs the events and everything else, with people merely running and organizing things for Mastahcheese.

All else fails, we can start a new one with mastahcheese's base in mind but less complicated and easy to replicate mechanics. It may take out some of the fun, but it makes it easier on a strained Mastah.
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

InstantHax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2015, 10:21:54 pm »

Well this game was probably doomed from the beginning.

50 players is a bit overkill lel

I would like to see at least someone continue this project as it has a lot of potenital
No hacks here...........just move along :3

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 10, 2015, 10:30:23 pm »

It's not dead. Also,"lel?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2015, 10:52:04 pm »

I would agree to such a thing if it weren't for the fact that my RTD that I am running has already become far more complex than need be. and thats besides the other game I am running, which started off complex, and in which I am still writting up things to ad into the game, as we type.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 10, 2015, 11:11:02 pm »

(Lol + e) - o = lel
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 10, 2015, 11:13:42 pm »

I know, but LOL is an acronym, and lel...doesn't actually mean anything.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #457 on: February 10, 2015, 11:22:56 pm »

(Lol + e) - o = lel
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

E: Nevermind, got it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or, in Bowtie's terrible pseudocode:
(lol + e) - o = lle

EE: Why the hell did I waste five minutes doing this.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:32:18 pm by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 11, 2015, 12:41:30 am »

LOLOLOLOLOL isn't an acronym either, but all of them, lol, lel, and LOLOLOL, are easily recognizable and often-used ways to express amusement. Why does the fact that the original acronym is LOL matter any more than the fact that the majority of English words are corrupted versions of other languages?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2015, 01:24:02 am »

Discounting the difference of several centuries and countless dictionaries recording usage?

It's mostly down to context. Although technically "lel" can express amusement (assuming you're familiar with a corruption of an acronym of a phrase that is incredibly difficult to shoehorn into intelligible conversation even on its own), it doesn't carry enough meaning on its own to warrant its use on a forum, especially when we have access to an incredibly high character limit and keyboards.

Words, however, are incredibly versatile, and can express a vast array of... anything, really - depending on the order in which they are arranged, and the punctuation dispersed throughout.
As far as I'm concerned, abbreviations like "lel" are an admission that one cannot muster the skill needed to form an intelligent sentence.

On that note, and with a reminder that it's down to context, i be like top kek lawl. roflmao
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 01:27:42 am by Orange Wizard »
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Beneviento

• Bay Watcher
  • Rocks and Blocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2015, 01:43:45 am »

That's true, abbreviations certainly don't carry as much meaning as fully forming a sentence using descriptive words, and in a forum without any kind of time constraints, do seem like a cop-out. However, they do what abbreviations are designed to do, save time.

On a completely unrelated topic, what is the character limit of posts in this forum?
And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the Assaulted Lanterns Magma Artillery' - King Id I of the Assaulted Lanterns

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2015, 01:53:36 am »

Fifty thousand and something IIRC. I know the Spearbreakers OP reached the limit, but I've no idea what else has.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2015, 02:10:37 am »

Didn't the original Perplexicon need to split the status spoilers from the actual turn toward the end?

Harbingerjm

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTROPY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2015, 03:51:02 am »

Fifty thousand and something IIRC. I know the Spearbreakers OP reached the limit, but I've no idea what else has.
Hello! I had to split up my info post at the beginning of an Only War game thread recently. After quite a while of trying to make it fit into 3 posts, I eventually just changed most of it to a table containing links to other posts.

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (40000 characters).
15:35   HugoLuman reads Harb his secret spaghetti recipe

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 11, 2015, 09:49:24 am »

That derail tho.

In any case, I've taken some time to think about this.

This game has 36 players in it.
Compare this to, say, Civilization 5, that only allows 22 at the max, and I'm trying to run a game that your high-end video game won't even allow. And I'm a human with terrible skills, nothing close to what those things can do.

It's simply... Too damn large for me to physically handle.
Another big problem with this is that I originally designed this with the idea of actual battles being the fun part, and then designed it to where it takes fucking forever to get to a battle.
That's my fault, I didn't think.

I'm going to run something different, where it just uses the battle rules, and ignores all the other bullshit.
Sorry for wasting everybody's time.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33